Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is precisely because we had Harvin and Tebow that he did not want to come here. He'd have to share the stage.
Actually it was a parent thing. Mama loved daddy Bowden but he wanted to go to UF. Going to Tommy Bowden was a compromise of sorts.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Did I call this or what?!?!?!

I made much more pointed remarks regarding some of the garbage spewed on this board to you, as well as other perps - to your faces. Some of you douchebags are great at dishing out the crap but get your little panties in a wad when some comes back your way. The irony here is I really don't disagree with much of what you say, and when your not being a cyber turd you bring a lot of interesting info to the board. That's the chief reason I haven't put your BMFMouth on ignore yet. Oh and by the way, they have idiots on their board too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you douchebags are great at dishing out the crap but get your little panties in a wad
:lmao2: I still like this guy. You've been around since GSMB, right?

The irony here is I really don't disagree with much of what you say, and when your not being a cyber turd you bring a lot of interesting info to the board. .
For my part, I was as BIG of a Mullinz hater as possible when they hired him. The truth is a like him NOW more than I ever imagined. Not tried to choke him down and hope for the best (Dwagchump). Not just gave up completely and figured I'd ride it out (Butterteeth). I really do like the guy.

But we HAVE to get recruiting sorted out now. You said on the other board we are complaining about 5-8. Five might be good enough if we are equal to or close to the number of bluechippers of the top teams. I've said that also.

However, there are multiple problems. Mullinz himself is kind of goofy and not much of a recruiter. Our staff is mostly below average recruiters, with only one or two truly good recruiters. I suspect some of the picks for coaches are limited by the usual slumlord budget we get. We desperately need a large, modern support/recruiting/QA staff to make the coaches we do have perform better. (Ever notice how Bammer assistants aren't all that when they leave the mothership and the legion of QAs?) The facilities are also killing us. No doubt we do finish in a virtual tie sometimes and lose bc of facilties, smaller stipend etc. To kids, this stuff matters. Death by several cuts unfortunately.

I hope for the best but the evidence points elsewhere.

I don't know who calls Mullinz a Richt 2.0. Richt was a good recruiter who couldn't coach. Mullinz is the opposite. If anything, Shart is Richt 2.0.

If you are going to call us bastards on another site, you should at least MENTION this site. We get many of our new members from that sort of thing.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

For my part, I was as BIG of a Mullinz hater as possible when they hired him. The truth is a like him NOW more than I ever imagined. Not tried to choke him down and hope for the best (Dwagchump). Not just gave up completely and figured I'd ride it out (Butterteeth). I really do like the guy.

But we HAVE to get recruiting sorted out now. You said on the other board we are complaining about 5-8. Five might be good enough if we are equal to or close to the number of bluechippers of the top teams. I've said that also.

However, there are multiple problems. Mullinz himself is kind of goofy and not much of a recruiter. Our staff is mostly below average recruiters, with only one or two truly good recruiters. I suspect some of the picks for coaches are limited by the usual slumlord budget we get. We desperately need a large, modern support/recruiting/QA staff to make the coaches we do have perform better. (Ever notice how Bammer assistants aren't all that when they leave the mothership and the legion of QAs?) The facilities are also killing us. No doubt we do finish in a virtual tie sometimes and lose bc of facilties, smaller stipend etc. To kids, this stuff matters. Death by several cuts unfortunately.

I don't know who calls Mullinz a Richt 2.0. Richt was a good recruiter who couldn't coach. Mullinz is the opposite. If anything, Shart is Richt 2.0.

If you are going to call us bastards on another site, you should at least MENTION this site. We get many of our new members from that sort of thing.
Possibly your best post this year. Couldn’t agree more.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I made much more pointed remarks regarding some of the garbage spewed on this board to you, as well as other perps - to your faces. Some of you douchebags are great at dishing out the crap but get your little panties in a wad when some comes back your way. The irony here is I really don't disagree with much of what you say, and when your not being a cyber turd you bring a lot of interesting info to the board. That's the chief reason I haven't put your BMFMouth on ignore yet. Oh and by the way, they have idiots on their board too.

My panties are in a wad? Read what you just wrote. You're an angry person! You really need to get back on your meds or talk to your therapist. I simply pointed out that you're on another board whining like you do here. If you think I hate Mullen you're crazy. Go to the Mullen Spring Tour thread....I posted a picture of ME....WITH Dan Mullen, and I did a write up stating how much I like the guy. If you're upset because you can't handle reality - which is that Mullen (and staff) need to improve their recruiting - then you should stay over at swampgas; swampgas is nothing but homerism. If you want to put me on ignore I'm not going to lose any sleep. But hey, congrats on being the new Byrd!!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
My panties are in a wad? Read what you just wrote. You're an angry person! You really need to get back on your meds or talk to your therapist. I simply pointed out that you're on another board whining like you do here. If you think I hate Mullen you're crazy. Go to the Mullen Spring Tour thread....I posted a picture of ME....WITH Dan Mullen, and I did a write up stating how much I like the guy. If you're upset because you can't handle reality - which is that Mullen (and staff) need to improve their recruiting - then you should stay over at swampgas; swampgas is nothing but homerism. If you want to put me on ignore I'm not going to lose any sleep. But hey, congrats on being the new Byrd!!
Everyone knows that like Barbi with Ken, you faked it with Mullen.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

You are right that being called the new byrd didn't go down well, but I do feel you are being disingenuous to cry foul when I called you on it. To recap our current impasse, you recently joined in on the fun after I challenged a couple of posts that just outright proclaimed that DM will fail and that the two individuals who were so happily proclaiming that "fact" had known it all along. I objected to that opinion and the recent unpleasantness ensued. Oh and while we're handing out unsolicited mental health advice; to taunt or hang an false tag on someone for having a different point of view, and then blame the object of your "fun" for a less than happy response, is quite ant-social. Think about it.

Also, please allow me to remind you that I'm not the one who presents himself to the world as a BMFer. Not trying to be insulting you understand, just sayin.' To be honest, I actually do respect the vast majority of your input and the considerable information you share with the board. I have no such regard for the pair of imbeciles who made the remarks I originally responded to that eventually lead us to this unhappy place. Incidentally, I reserve the right express my opinion wherever and whenever I wish - providing of course OX continues to permit me to do so.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

The admiration is mutual. And yes, I'm old as dirt. Incidentally, the Richt 2.0 reference was to winning 9 or 10 games every year and never achieving the goal of winning championships. IMO, It's just too soon to draw such a draconian conclusion and I've said so without reservation. That doesn't mean I don't share at least some of the same concerns you so ably laid out above, I just think DM has earned some time to turn things around and that "the noise in the system" is a bit excessive, as of this precise moment in time. I didn't mention GC by name because of my respect for the forum in general and my fear of being excommunicated by our esteemed Emperor / Dictator, the redoubtable OX. I sincerely hope this clears the air a bit. If not, so be it.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not trying to be insulting you understand
I don't like this attitude. We are here for lockerroom type banter. And insults. Sports bar atmosphere.

This is especially important in the offseason. If it gets too slow and boring, '78 and I will fake another fight. You don't want that, do you?

But BMF is one of the best posters, no doubt. Not quite sure what you are fighting with him/us whatever about. And I'm too lazy to go back and look.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
You know who’s to blame (even for this)...right? ;)

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I don't like this attitude. We are here for lockerroom type banter. And insults. Sports bar atmosphere.

This is especially important in the offseason. If it gets too slow and boring, '78 and I will fake another fight. You don't want that, do you?

But BMF is one of the best posters, no doubt. Not quite sure what you are fighting with him/us whatever about. And I'm too lazy to go back and look.
Wise decision, it absolutely isn't worth the effort. Oh and forgive me for the coom by yah moment. It passed quickly and I'm now as unrepentant as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator