Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He’s a gator. Already decommitted from Georgia and they just took Carter.

Good too because he’s a true DT which would let us use Dexters versatility as a SDE/DT combo

Agreed Slev. He's a nice pick up, and big! He and Dexter lined up next to each other for 3-4 years would be a nice thing to see (for us)! I felt good about him, but was a little worried about UM (and slightly FSU). Does he have a commit date?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
3 stars isn't a blue chip, but I like the kid.

Im just glad someone in the recruiting office figured out we need DL.

He's close enough on both sites - borderline. But yeah, not officially. I just want big bodies and he has it! Also, he's playing against top HS talent so he could be ready to see action as a true freshman. Brown needs some weight and if we add a 4th and/or 5th they are likely lower rated kids who will need a redshirt.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Im just glad someone in the recruiting office figured out we need DL.

I made a call.

giphy.gif

leogator

May 5, 2018
If we can get Brinson, Branard Wright and Tim Smith for our DT's and then Dexter and Brown as the SDEs that would be a totally solid DL class. I don't think we need WDEs for like 5 years :).

leogator

May 5, 2018
He's close enough on both sites - borderline. But yeah, not officially. I just want big bodies and he has it! Also, he's playing against top HS talent so he could be ready to see action as a true freshman. Brown needs some weight and if we add a 4th and/or 5th they are likely lower rated kids who will need a redshirt.
He's a 4* on 247 and the composite.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Agreed Slev. He's a nice pick up, and big! He and Dexter lined up next to each other for 3-4 years would be a nice thing to see (for us)! I felt good about him, but was a little worried about UM (and slightly FSU). Does he have a commit date?
“You’ll see very soon”- Brinson

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
If we can get Brinson, Branard Wright and Tim Smith for our DT's and then Dexter and Brown as the SDEs that would be a totally solid DL class. I don't think we need WDEs for like 5 years :).
Tim smith is at Bama all weekend. If they press he might commit there.

I’ll take brown, Brinson, Dexter, and Walker all day though. Keep the WDE rush spots open for top 100 kids and push out Morven.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I need help with threads like this 2020 recruiting thread. I read post after posts. Then, I go away for errands for an hour or two. I come back and I'm taken to a recruiting post that say's : "He's just what we need. He already has the weight and strength to be DT." ??? Who he?? Please, in each post, use the player's name that identifies him. The personal pronoun "he" refers to any male, no male specifically.

Don't be lazy Rog, scroll back to find out who the conversation refers to? (Remember, I've been away for 2 hours) So, I scroll back 9 posts because there are 4 prospects mentioned in those 9 back-posts. Which "he" is being talked about? If post #3422 refers to a guy named Brown, while post #3425 is about Benson, then any post after that cannot be about any "he" mentioned before Benson? If Gators suddenly get an influx of 4 300-lb DL "he"s, my excitement is dwarfed. :confused: I know I don't know, but I'd like to.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
He was committed there and decommitted. It’s not like he wasn’t good enough to take. That’s a big part of your argument you’re missing.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I need help with threads like this 2020 recruiting thread. I read post after posts. Then, I go away for errands for an hour or two. I come back and I'm taken to a recruiting post that say's : "He's just what we need. He already has the weight and strength to be DT." ??? Who he?? Please, in each post, use the player's name that identifies him. The personal pronoun "he" refers to any male, no male specifically.

Don't be lazy Rog, scroll back to find out who the conversation refers to? (Remember, I've been away for 2 hours) So, I scroll back 9 posts because there are 4 prospects mentioned in those 9 back-posts. Which "he" is being talked about? If post #3422 refers to a guy named Brown, while post #3425 is about Benson, then any post after that cannot be about any "he" mentioned before Benson? If Gators suddenly get an influx of 4 300-lb DL "he"s, my excitement is dwarfed. :confused: I know I don't know, but I'd like to.
Warren Brinson

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Warren Brinson

Thanks much. But I was describing thread-posts ongoing for year after year that have confused me. Is it just me? :cool: Wouldn't the name of a hope improve the report of the post - especially, if later we sign that name.?? No biggie, I can stay lost - it's how I lead.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Brinson is a 3 star on Rivals and a 4 star on 247. But, Rivals ranks him 31st at his position while 247 has him 30th. In other words, they basically rank him the same.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He was committed there and decommitted. It’s not like he wasn’t good enough to take. That’s a big part of your argument you’re missing.

Yes, but was he "pushed out"? Like we did w/ Griffis? I get it that he WAS committed there, but it is likely he got pushed out.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Yes, but was he "pushed out"? Like we did w/ Griffis? I get it that he WAS committed there, but it is likely he got pushed out.
Rusty Mansell says he’s still a take for Georgia and wasn’t pushed out. So I’m gonna go ahead and call bs on this spin. Griffis was blatantly pushed out and never recruited again by us. Not the same situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator