Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Rusty Mansell says he’s still a take for Georgia and wasn’t pushed out. So I’m gonna go ahead and call bs on this spin. Griffis was blatantly pushed out and never recruited again by us. Not the same situation.
Mansell is pretty well connected here (Ga.). If he says it, like you, I'm inclined to believe it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Rusty Mansell says he’s still a take for Georgia and wasn’t pushed out. So I’m gonna go ahead and call bs on this spin. Griffis was blatantly pushed out and never recruited again by us. Not the same situation.

What are you calling BS spin? I asked if he was pushed out, I didn't say "he got pushed out". We all assumed Griffis was pushed out, but unless I missed the story about him or one of our coaches saying "yeah, I got pushed out", it's speculation. I imagine if UGA lands the number of DT's they want and they are all ranked higher than Brinson....well, then we can speculate weather or not he was or wasn't pushed out. But since he's down to two schools, I'd assume he'd pick two schools he has a committable offer from.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
What are you calling BS spin? I asked if he was pushed out, I didn't say "he got pushed out". We all assumed Griffis was pushed out, but unless I missed the story about him or one of our coaches saying "yeah, I got pushed out", it's speculation. I imagine if UGA lands the number of DT's they want and they are all ranked higher than Brinson....well, then we can speculate weather or not he was or wasn't pushed out. But since he's down to two schools, I'd assume he'd pick two schools he has a committable offer from.
Dude relax. You said “it’s likely he got pushed out”. Your exact words. I said I’m calling bs on that. Don’t get your panties in a wad. If that’s not what you meant, then word it better next time. Rusty says he’s a take for Georgia that’s good enough for me

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, but was he "pushed out"? Like we did w/ Griffis? I get it that he WAS committed there, but it is likely he got pushed out.
No matter where he goes, I like him A LOT better than Griffis.

We just dont need more Griffis types right now.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
We get enough big asses in and can move Dexter and Brown to SDE. Also, add Williams and maybe a walker and that is the best DL class we have had since Champ.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks much. But I was describing thread-posts ongoing for year after year that have confused me. Is it just me? :cool: Wouldn't the name of a hope improve the report of the post - especially, if later we sign that name.?? No biggie, I can stay lost - it's how I lead.
Not really... I think... if I understand your post.

This all goes back to nonprofit sports fans complaining that we didnt discuss tue Horseshoes and Hackysack teams winning a NC over Brown or Yale and spent too much time on recruiting.

I agree these damn 500 pages threads are ridiculous and it would be nice at least if we could break them down to position groups DL, LB, DB, receivers, OL, backs etc. It is almost impossible to keep up with names etc bc of all the names being brought up.

But I can see why Ox doesnt want a thread about each individual commit or prospect.

Only transfer QBs are allowed to have threads it seems.

That goes back to.some not knowing much about football and thinking if the offense is good or bad, it is all bc of the QB.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It’s not a big deal man. I truly don’t care. Just saying I’ve heard he’s a take for both (clearly since I think he’s about to pop for us)

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Not really... I think... if I understand your post.

This all goes back to nonprofit sports fans complaining that we didnt discuss tue Horseshoes and Hackysack teams winning a NC over Brown or Yale and spent too much time on recruiting.

I agree these damn 500 pages threads are ridiculous and it would be nice at least if we could break them down to position groups DL, LB, DB, receivers, OL, backs etc. It is almost impossible to keep up with names etc bc of all the names being brought up.

But I can see why Ox doesnt want a thread about each individual commit or prospect.

Only transfer QBs are allowed to have threads it seems.

That goes back to.some not knowing much about football and thinking if the offense is good or bad, it is all bc of the QB.
Position would be hard to follow too. They could be broken up quarterly or something and have parts like 2020 class thread part 1 part 2 etc. bring the newest relevant info to the first post of the new thread and start over. Could even have a 100 page cap or something

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The posting I refer to isn't about lengthiness. It's about cluttered nondescript references using personal pronoun "he" instead of repeating the player's name - his ID. That simple way, each post could be a compartment-thread holding its own within a long-extended thread.

Overall, the purpose for plodding through an enduring length recruiting thread is to get encouraged by who might come to UF -- even if only daydream believing. :cool:

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
So it’s been a while since the Griffis decommitment and I’ve completely forgotten why he was pushed out

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We get enough big asses in and can move Dexter and Brown to SDE. Also, add Williams and maybe a walker and that is the best DL class we have had since Champ.
If you ever call that fcktard “Champ” again, you’re banned for life.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So it’s been a while since the Griffis decommitment and I’ve completely forgotten why he was pushed out
Because he is a one trick pony, speed rush only.

And he looks better in his underwear in camps than he does in pads on the field.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

Quote from rusty on Brinson and a little trolling from silk to a Miami fan on top of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.