Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I’ve got to admit, I’m coming around with J. Some of 247s personal evals make no sense. The Janvier eval is atrocious and so far out of the realm of reality it makes you wonder if they truly know what they’re doing

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
He is now over 5' round.
Who says personal growth is impossible?
I’ve got to admit, I’m coming around with J. Some of 247s personal evals make no sense. The Janvier eval is atrocious and so far out of the realm of reality it makes you wonder if they truly know what they’re doing

I'm as guilty as anyone of believing what I want to believe when it comes to recruiting services and the validity of their "process," as it pertains to a specific Gator recruit. But it is perplexing, to say the least, when the disparity between two services' evaluations is so exaggerated that it scarcely seems possible that they are talking about the same player. Without being a statistical whiz kid, I have to fall back on the "mental coin-flip" method of whom do I decide to believe and who do I think is probably blowing smoke out of their azz.

Of course the tie-breakers are just as subjective as the conflicting evaluations I'm trying to sort out in the first damn place. Do I trust the staff, is the first and most obvious variable, followed by do I know enough about the relative merits of the services to decide that one is more reliable than the other? In the case of Janvier, I'm going to drink the kool-aide and go with the much more positive evaluation, simply because that's what I want to believe in the absence of some compelling reason to go the other way. There I go being a nit-wit fan again.

Last edited:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Who says personal growth is impossible?

I'm as guilty as anyone of believing what I want to believe when it comes to recruiting services and the validity of their "process," as it pertains to a specific Gator recruit. But it is perplexing, to say the least, when the disparity between two services' evaluations are so exaggerated that it scarcely seems possible that they are talking about the same player. Without being a statistical whiz kid, I have to fall back on the "mental coin-flip" method of whom do I decide to believe and who do I think is probably blowing smoke out of their azz.

Of course the tie-breakers are just as subjective as the conflicting evaluations I'm trying to sort out in the first damn place. Do I trust the staff, is the first and most obvious variable, followed by do I know enough about the relative merits of the services to decide that one is more reliable than the other? In the case of Janvier, I'm going to drink the kool-aide and go with the much more positive evaluation, simply because that's what I want to believe in the absence of some compelling reason to go the other way. There I go being a nit-wit fan again.
He’s at all the rivals camps though so they’ve clearly seen him. 247 says they saw him st one practice and didn’t like him. That’s all Stampenis will say on the subject. That’s not a reason to drop a kid 1000 spots. He’s currently at the rivals 5 star challenge going up against a plethora of elite kids. We will see what they think after the fact.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
He’s at all the rivals camps though so they’ve clearly seen him. 247 says they saw him st one practice and didn’t like him. That’s all Stampenis will say on the subject. That’s not a reason to drop a kid 1000 spots. He’s currently at the rivals 5 star challenge going up against a plethora of elite kids. We will see what they think after the fact.
That should unravel the mystery - thanks for the info.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

1600 ranked prospects don’t dominate at rivals camps the way Jovens Janvier did. And he did it against other 4 stars while overweight. :lol2:

I compare him to Ethan White. You simply can’t teach the kind of natural strength he plays with. At the rivals camps, he was just stonewalling guys. One player, a 3 star DE, quit when going against a second time. Dude flat out quite Janvier was manhandling him so bad. The whole camp went nuts, jumping around. If he does what Savage tells him, he’ll be a beast.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
1600 ranked prospects don’t dominate at rivals camps the way Jovens Janvier did. And he did it against other 4 stars while overweight. :lol2:

I compare him to Ethan White. You simply can’t teach the kind of natural strength he plays with. At the rivals camps, he was just stonewalling guys. One player, a 3 star DE, quit when going against a second time. Dude flat out quite Janvier was manhandling him so bad. The whole camp went nuts, jumping around. If he does what Savage tells him, he’ll be a beast.
He’s got to lose a little weight and work on technique but he’s got unquestioned potential and talent. 247s ranking is them saying he’s terrible and not worth a d1 scholly

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jacquie Franciulli (@JacquieFran_) tweeted at 3:46 PM on Tue, Jun 25, 2019:
#Rivals250 OL Marcus Dumervil in regular contact with #Gators coach John Hevesy.

He is now considering a visit to #Florida.

Story via @JosephAHastings
GatorsTerritory - Rivals250 OL in regular contact with Hevesy, considering a Gators visit Jacquie Franciulli on Twitter
()

That’s great news. Everything that I’ve read on him up to this point has been that he’s never really considered us.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
That’s great news. Everything that I’ve read on him up to this point has been that he’s never really considered us.
He hasn’t. The game changer will be Wingo. Could be this years Diwun for us on the trail. He’s got some talented teammates and others who want to play with him

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Sam Spiegelman (@samspiegs) tweeted at 4:17 PM on Mon, Jun 24, 2019:
Rivals250 DB Xavion Alford is narrowing down his options. Here’s the five schools recruiting him hardest Sam Spiegelman on Twitter
()

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members