Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
What does our JUCO and/or Portal Transfers/Grad Students look like?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What does our JUCO and/or Portal Transfers/Grad Students look like?

There's no smoke around transfers right now. I was really hoping for an OL grad transfer, but it doesn't look like it's happening. As far as JUCO's go, we won't know anything until later. The WR out of Mississippi (Heath) is a real possibility. I'd like to see a regular DT transfer come in and be eligible next season, but you know how that goes (wish in one hand....).

leogator

May 5, 2018
Do the good guys get him???

Denny Thompson (@denny_thompson) tweeted at 0:49 AM on Thu, Jul 11, 2019:
7/20 @ Noon @_chantzler will be announcing his commitment LIVE on @1010XL at Big Dawgs in OP! @sportsDen_live is bringing it to you again. Download the 1010-XL app or tune into 92.5fm in Jax. #Miami #Hurricanes #LSU #GeauxTigers #UF #Gators #Georgia #Bulldogs #Tamu #Aggies Denny Thompson on Twitter
()

At least as far as I know, the Gators, Dawgs and Hurricanes are not interested.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Considering his rating, why? He has the physical measurables. He a high risk guy?
he's too skinny and is a one-trick pony. frankly he's not that good verses good competition at camps.

there are a lot of three stars I would take over him. a lot.

if you want to play defensive line in the SEC weightlifting is your job. 200 pounds doesnt get it. 200lbs is a safety.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
he's too skinny and is a one-trick pony.

At The Opening, Williams was officially weighed at 6'4, 240. That's too skinny? I have no idea about him being a one trick pony. Aren't a lot of pass rushers at that age?

leogator

May 5, 2018
Considering his rating, why? He has the physical measurables. He a high risk guy?
Although I tend to discount the camps somewhat, he was eaten up by pretty much all the OTs. Now he did test very well. So he is a very good athlete. Maybe he needs couple of years to get stronger and be taught technique. Maybe he can put on 20 pounds and become a SDE. With his speed he could be a terror at 260-265.

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
We made RB Sam Adams' top 3. I think he goes to Washington but I really want him in this class. He's a larger back, 6'2", 200 that has the moves of a scat back. Him and Bowman or him and EJ Smith a gator can dream, can't he?

devincdoss

Jul 7, 2019
Do the good guys get him???

Denny Thompson (@denny_thompson) tweeted at 0:49 AM on Thu, Jul 11, 2019:
7/20 @ Noon @_chantzler will be announcing his commitment LIVE on @1010XL at Big Dawgs in OP! @sportsDen_live is bringing it to you again. Download the 1010-XL app or tune into 92.5fm in Jax. #Miami #Hurricanes #LSU #GeauxTigers #UF #Gators #Georgia #Bulldogs #Tamu #Aggies Denny Thompson on Twitter
()

Has anyone heard his interviews? Zestier than Jalen Ramsey

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
he's too skinny and is a one-trick pony. frankly he's not that good verses good competition at camps.

there are a lot of three stars I would take over him. a lot.

if you want to play defensive line in the SEC weightlifting is your job. 200 pounds doesnt get it. 200lbs is a safety.
Not sure why you insist on joining the astrologers in their temple; you are capable of thinking for yourself

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some more info:

“Williams was very productive as a junior this season, posting 22 tackles for loss, 12 sacks and 15 quarterback hurries.”

4-star DE updates recruitment, talks Clemson

Also:

Evaluation

Long edge prospect with lean, athletic build. Pure pass rusher with explosive first step and developed technique. Can beat blocker with speed or strong pound-for-pound force. Powerful lower-half with great wingspan. Aware on the edge and can play the football if initial rush is unsuccessful. Redirects well and pursues with great motor. Can navigate tight spaces and play through the wash. Runs well and tests well. Stand-up ability with considerable experience with his hand in the dirt as well. Good lateral mover. Once focused solely on football should fill out well at high-end Power Five program and see snaps sooner rather than later. In the day and age of spread offenses and pass-first programs he could become key cog in elite defense and spur it into pro career thereafter.

Athletic Background
Three-sport standout who owned high school hoops team’s all-time shot-blocking record before conclusion of junior season.

Chantz Williams, Oakleaf, Weak-Side Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member