Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
This needs to stop!

I don't see it changing under Mullen unless he makes drastic changes. If after the facilities are done I don't see us taking the state back. Mullen is just not that guy who can close on players. Will recruiting get better when the facilities are better, yes but I don't think it will ever reach top 5 classes status. I pray that I'm wrong and I'm not saying to prove I'm right, I legit don't think Mullen has the type of personality that kids gravitate towards and his staff is subpar at recruiting. If he surrounded himself with 3 or 4 elite level recruiters things would get way better but even then Mullen has to close the deal on them and hes never going to walk in after a Saban or Dabo or even Smart at this point and sway an elite 5* kid to come to UF over those schools. We will begin to get ours when the facilities are done but I don't Invision Mullen pulling 3 5* in a class ever. Heck i dont see him ever pulling 8 top 100 players in one class.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I don't see it changing under Mullen unless he makes drastic changes. If after the facilities are done I don't see us taking the state back. Mullen is just not that guy who can close on players. Will recruiting get better when the facilities are better, yes but I don't think it will ever reach top 5 classes status. I pray that I'm wrong and I'm not saying to prove I'm right, I legit don't think Mullen has the type of personality that kids gravitate towards and his staff is subpar at recruiting. If he surrounded himself with 3 or 4 elite level recruiters things would get way better but even then Mullen has to close the deal on them and hes never going to walk in after a Saban or Dabo or even Smart at this point and sway an elite 5* kid to come to UF over those schools. We will begin to get ours when the facilities are done but I don't Invision Mullen pulling 3 5* in a class ever. Heck i dont see him ever pulling 8 top 100 players in one class.

Now we’re talkin’

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Mullens ran off the best recruiter in the house, Seider.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Could opposing recruiters be scaring away top kids telling them Florida is too hard academically?
How can it be that we have a whole team of recruiters worse than most? ... and we keep them.
Do we need copy Alabama's creative gifting ??
Think how shrewd Sabin is = owns Mercedes franchises when he makes so many NFL millionaires $. You know they are repeat buyers. .... and we had a guy doing BBQ sauce.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Could opposing recruiters be scaring away top kids telling them Florida is too hard academically?
How can it be that we have a whole team of recruiters worse than most? ... and we keep them.
Do we need copy Alabama's creative gifting ??
Think how shrewd Sabin is = owns Mercedes franchises when he makes so many NFL millionaires $. You know they are repeat buyers. .... and we had a guy doing BBQ sauce.
That's a good point about other coaches saying it's to hard academically but correct me if I'm wrong but hasnt it always been difficult to get into UF?

To you're point about keeping them that's Mullen being stubborn. He's been that way the whole time. I'm not saying that his staff was not worthy of coaching at UF but in no way should he have brought his entire staff with him from Miss St. He needs to hire dome good recruiters with Fl ties, not UF ties but guys who know the state of Fl and the high school coaches.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Excuses are like a s s holes. Everybody’s got one and they all stink.
Academics didn’t stop Meyer or chump from recruiting top classes.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Is Higdon saying Patience with eyes anymore? Or did this noodle not stick to the wall and fall into the huge pile of noodles he throws?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Yep and we let people in pretty easy anyway as far as football players go. Its just our rules mean you wont get any Junior college guys after one season like many schools.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Searching for deficits to improve on is not making excuses. Questions worth investigating could be :
1) is academic worry making UF look less embracing? (how did Meyer recruit better classes? What are his recruiters doing to get better results?
2) are other schools finding "creative" ways to help out recruits' families?
3) how are men at other schools "being" better at recruiting than our men? Salesmanship can be taught.
4) are poor facilities a real turn-off or is that just words of excuse? How can we use our facilities, as they are, to be OK to recruits?
5) what other intricacies can we dig up by researching , by copying?
6) could a sports psychologist help sculpt a sales-pitch packet?
7) does the great recruiter we hire from another school come with a guarantee that he'll stay great,. Especially if we have problems that other school had long cleared up.

We've got to find things we can do differently right now, because we're losing recruits right now. Give all recruiters (coaches) seminars on ideal appeal presentations. That way, by seeing-hearing the ideal comportment, better stuff will soak in.??

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Is Higdon saying Patience with eyes anymore? Or did this noodle not stick to the wall and fall into the huge pile of noodles he throws?

Hate to say it but is it possible UGA is the team whose recruiting is causing ours to stagnate?

Most of the classes in the top 15 are over 20 players and more.

Meanwhile, the dawgs only have 15 or 16 in their already stacked class. I think a lot of players in this region are waiting to see who UGA green lights before making decisions. Kirby likely has his favorites lined up but is keeping it mum so the guys who think they might get a green light from UGA hold off on committing to us or someone else, and we happen to be the team getting the worst of that approach.

Quality leftovers will be the order of the day as Donk would say if that is the case.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gators Territory (@GatorsTerritory) tweeted at 9:54 AM on Thu, Sep 12, 2019:
Has G-Tech commit Jahmyr Gibbs scheduled a trip to the Swamp?

The fast-rising RB is manufacturing a stellar senior campaign and several schools are taking notice, with #UF extending an offer earlier this week.

@ChadSimmons_ has the details:

---> GatorsTerritory - New schools have Georgia Tech commit Gibbs' attention #Gators Gators Territory on Twitter
()

This kid is a stud and we have a good shot here......he is a 3-star due to lack of camps but would be a high 4 if not 5 had he been able to attend

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Have a good shot? That’s comforting...it’s exactly what they said w sanders and bowman... :-(

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Have a good shot? That’s comforting...it’s exactly what they said w sanders and bowman... :-(
Nobody every said that....people think there is some magical pipeline and anyone that wears a Lakeland uniform is going to be a Gator, it’s a false narrative created here and twitter. Clemson is a better fit for Bowman unfortunately, if Etienne had another year it would be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator