Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Grantham were to leave, and take Robinson with him to wherever he goes.
My first call would be to Mike P to coach the linebackers, and I'd probably promote
TG to DC. That leaves one more opening that you could split in the secondary with TG (No clue why Ron
is still here) , or find a guy to help our supply of young bucks. I'd lean toward giving Gray the secondary
role as DC, and promoting a guy like Chaney or hiring from outside for our bucks.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Bring in Mike Peterson, Bam Hardmon and Marquand Manuel. I don't even care about position titles. Just find a place to plug em in!

Strong is probably more realistic than Quinn, but either one would be great.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Quinn likely stays in the NFL, maybe go back to Seattle? I'm guessing Dan hires somebody he knows or promotes from within.
Derek Mason may be available. That would be top of my list.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
He did interview for a NFL DC job last offseason
Donk is claiming he never had a shot because some acquaintances with spurious ties to the Bengals suggested that maybe Grantham never had a shot - which is contradictory to what we’ve all heard. Of course, it paints TG in a bad light so Donk definitely believes it.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Recruiting? I assume Mason knows some guys but it’s not like he’s attracting top dudes to Vandy.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord. You guys sure can prattle on about non-recruiting topics in the recruiting thread.

How 'bout those unis we wore for Barn? Man, they were sweet.

Discuss. :lol:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
English has no business being any kind of coach. He’s an ideal candidate for an analyst job.

You're probably correct. Prior to his profanity laced tirade at Eastern Michigan became public knowledge, I had some very good inside info that he was known for these type of outbursts. This was probably 3-4 years before he was fired. Quite a few players didn't like him and outsiders (think people close to players such as parents, siblings, etc.) were appalled at the way English acted. It didn't appear to be hidden from public view either. The most surprising thing about the situation was that he lasted as long as he did at EMU with the way he acted.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Of course... I know it’s vandy... I guess I should’ve explained better. At vandy, he’s not building relationships with top guys. Same with Stanford - both are so prohibitive that the guys that qualify generally go, regardless of talent (5 stars that qualify are few and far between). So he’s a total unknown in recruiting. You’d hope he would surround himself with recruiters but Grantham hasn’t so its a risk. A guy like TRob knows how to recruit and likely knows other guys who do.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
yeah that sounds like us. just throwing money at anybody that's available.

we are still talking about the program that went through recruiting season 3 coaches short so we didn't have to pay the higher buyout that is paid if we hire our new coach before signing day right? then bragged about how smart we were for doing that to our media parrots, right?

Yeah, but Foley was able to use some of the savings at the 5 and Dime store to buy some really cool recruiting gift bag goodies for the kids we were trying to woo...stuff like plastic Slinky's and squirt guns made in China. That's got to count for something.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Good Lord. You guys sure can prattle on about non-recruiting topics in the recruiting thread.

How 'bout those unis we wore for Barn? Man, they were sweet.

Discuss. :lol:
I know that I am as bad as anyone at getting off topic, but if we had two recruiting threads-- one for how recruiting is done and who recruits well or doesn't, and one for news on HS players who are potential recruits-- it might be more efficient

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I get where you’re going but Mullen is not Mac. I’m guessing he gets another hyper aggressive guy.
My fear is it wasnt Butterteeth who was the problem.

Several times under Butters rumors circulated that we were trying to hire someone good (the Oregon WR coach, even ESPN was asking him) only to choose the cheapest fkkking option available, Sunbelt coaches, and not the better Sunbelt coaches either.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know that I am as bad as anyone at getting off topic, but if we had two recruiting threads-- one for how recruiting is done and who recruits well or doesn't, and one for news on HS players who are potential recruits-- it might be more efficient
What the hell would we do in the thread about signing recruits? One post every three months?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Of course... I know it’s vandy... I guess I should’ve explained better. At vandy, he’s not building relationships with top guys. Same with Stanford - both are so prohibitive that the guys that qualify generally go, regardless of talent (5 stars that qualify are few and far between). So he’s a total unknown in recruiting. You’d hope he would surround himself with recruiters but Grantham hasn’t so its a risk. A guy like TRob knows how to recruit and likely knows other guys who do.
Trob would no doubt be an ace recruiter and I think he could be a decent coordinator but I think muschamp saved his job last weekend.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
My fear is it wasnt Butterteeth whonwas the problem.

Several.times under Butters rumors circulated that we were trying to hire someone good (the Oregon WR coach, even ESPN was asking him) only to choose the cheapest fkkking option available, Sunbelt coaches, and not the better Sunbelt coaches either.
I threw up a little at what you’re insinuating. I know we’re cheap but I forgot about that... sigh, maybe we should all write letters of recommendation for foley to go to USC. Include his former staff as well. They’re the best!

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I get where you’re going but Mullen is not Mac. I’m guessing he gets another hyper aggressive guy.

My fear is it wasnt Butterteeth who was the problem.

Several times under Butters rumors circulated that we were trying to hire someone good (the Oregon WR coach, even ESPN was asking him) only to choose the cheapest fkkking option available, Sunbelt coaches, and not the better Sunbelt coaches either.

Remember when Mac (or Foley) hired the high school basketball coach to the operations staff? Good times! Best part about it was we didn’t even need to pay Sun Belt wages because the guy had absolutely ZERO experience (and business being on) a college staff. The guy was used to H.S. teacher money (basically less than minimum wage). We were able to land him for $12 per hour and a free ham sammich for lunch everyday. upload_2019-10-17_21-5-22.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.