Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
:doh:

We just hired him back.... from Clowntown.... where he was doing a bang up job.

Florida hires John Herron away from FSU - NoleGameday

:doh:

So if I’m hearing you correctly, had Mac not hired him, recruiting classes under Sharkfcvker would have ranked in the 60’s rather than the high teens/low 20s. :lol:

Let’s hope he does a good job again this go around. 17th ranked class isn’t gonna cut it with this staff doing the game day coaching.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
But I was under the impression coaches only hired their friends? If he doesn’t have friends who can recruit, how will he convince them to come? :grin:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He definitely fits the mold of what these smaller schools would be looking for when hiring a young HC. He wouldn't last here for long at all. But Mason could be a lifer. Sure he wouldn't flip the script for us on the recruiting trail but he probably couldn't be any worse.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Mark Britt has been CB'd to the Gators. I think he will play safety for us.

Also, Joel Williams who was committed to us is now CB'd to Kentucky. He was committed to Bama but was processed out or he had a non-commitable offer.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Also, Joel Williams who was committed to us is now CB'd to Kentucky. He was committed to Bama but was processed out or he had a non-commitable offer.

To me, moving from bama to UF to uk hints at grade issues.

leogator

May 5, 2018
He is a highly ranked wr. Are you sure he’s being recruited as a safety? Unless you are referring to a different Britt.
He might be a highly rated WR but we want him at safety. He does play safety as well as WR in HS.

BTW .9040 in the composite is not highly rated. He's barely a 4*.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He might be a highly rated WR but we want him at safety. He does play safety as well as WR in HS.

He is too good at WR to move to safety. I’m not complaining. I’d love an athlete like him at safety. Kudos to whoever talks him into signing as a safety.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Mark Britt has been CB'd to the Gators. I think he will play safety for us.

Overplayed his hand. Used us for a Bama offer then Bama basically passed on him

leogator

May 5, 2018
He is too good at WR to move to safety. I’m not complaining. I’d love an athlete like him at safety. Kudos to whoever talks him into signing as a safety.
Well that's the thinking right now. We get him in and he dazzles the coaches with his moves at WR and we will see. I just don't see him getting a lot of separation in his highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator