Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
If those kids are dumb enough to flock to these places I don’t know if I want any flips from Clown College or Da EWWWW tbqh, if they haven’t jumped ship after what they’ve seen so far.........

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

What about the Gatewood kid at Barn? Here in NE Fl on the local sports talk shows they swear he's gonna transfer, and since he's from this area and Mullen did recruit him, would it be a good idea? I have no idea how good he is, Nix beat him out, and Nix hasn't really impressed me. But I want some depth at that position. I just don't want to have 2 QB's next year, we're gonna have to add someone from some where if 2 leave after this year.

leogator

May 5, 2018
What about the Gatewood kid at Barn? Here in NE Fl on the local sports talk shows they swear he's gonna transfer, and since he's from this area and Mullen did recruit him, would it be a good idea? I have no idea how good he is, Nix beat him out, and Nix hasn't really impressed me. But I want some depth at that position. I just don't want to have 2 QB's next year, we're gonna have to add someone from some where if 2 leave after this year.
I actually like Gatewood's HS teammate Riley Smith. He is a better prospect because he's a better passer and a passable runner. He's not that fast but faster than Trask and is definitely a willing runner. He has not done much at Boise State.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

I just don't know if it's better to bring in a guy that only has one year to play, then transition right to AR ( hopefully), or bring in a guy that still has multiple years of eligibility left. I only think Mullen would consider it if 2 did leave, but it's definitely possible.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Where is the news that EJ is transferring coming from? Source?

I agree it is very likely Franks leaves if Kyle stays, but EJ will only be a redshirt sophomore with a departing senior in front of him and an incoming freshman who the staff will want to redshirt behind him on the depth chart. If Franks leaves Emory is one injury away from the full time starting job and would still potentially have two years as a starter beginning in 2021.

leogator

May 5, 2018

I agree it is very likely Franks leaves if Kyle stays, but EJ will only be a redshirt sophomore with a departing senior in front of him and an incoming freshman who the staff will want to redshirt behind him on the depth chart. If Franks leaves Emory is one injury away from the full time starting job and would still potentially have two years as a starter beginning in 2021.
It's all speculation about EJ.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, this play instantly anywhere thing is making roster management difficult. Maybe go after another Trask type kid you never expect to see the field just so you're not down to putting a WR at QB the way USCe and UK have had to do in the past couple weeks.

Think about our new collective realization = We would welcome another Kyle Trask. Bless that boy for his fierce loyalty. Us fans should reward him, though I doubt his character requires it. Kyle will lead our Gators next year.

Maybe playing time isn't such a magnet when the QB realizes he's learning from the 2 best QB coaches in CFB? Knows that he'll get some playing time now, and full-time his senior year. To be sure absolutely that he will be the starter on his transfer team? They lost their starter and have not developed a backup good enough to lead ? It's risky. And K.Toney just might be the best-bet QB we have. Toney has the highest completion % than any Gator recruit ever to attend UF and we know he's a top elusive runner. Seems he would be of the Lamar Jackson mold?

EJ has shown some interesting talents, ones that will recommend him for our starter but don't show enough to say he can't be beat out when Trask leaves. DM needs to find a top QB recruit to swiftly develop.

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
Lorenzo Lingard might be a transfer possibility. He has not done anything at the U due to knee issues. I have not seen his name in the portal but I have seen Brian Hightower's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.