Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The visit list for the Alabama/LSU game is sickening. Not just the 2020 kids, but the 2021 and beyond. It's practically half the top 200. We had a great visitors list for the Auburn game, but this has to be the most star studded visit list I've ever seen.

Alabama has one of those every year. Always seems to be About a quarter of the top 100 kids at their game.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what you mean here. Take a look at what The Dude is talking about....and you'll see that some of these so-called "clueless poster" are spot on. Our class is currently 6th best in the SEC, with 4 other SEC teams and Miami & FSU within 10 spots behind us. If finishing 6th in our own conference is good enough for you, then I guess "clueless" could be the word used....but not for other posters.

We currently only have 2 top 100 commits.

UGA has 7, LSU 8, Alabama 8, A&M 4, Auburn 3, Miami 2, SC 2....and Clemson has 10.

Bottom line: we need to recruit better.

We’re also getting obliterated by other programs poaching state of Florida kids. If you look at that list as well, we aren’t getting many of the top kids in state. The good news is that quite a few of the top kids in the state still haven’t made their decision.

We’ll see…

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Not sure what you mean here. Take a look at what The Dude is talking about....and you'll see that some of these so-called "clueless poster" are spot on. Our class is currently 6th best in the SEC, with 4 other SEC teams and Miami & FSU within 10 spots behind us. If finishing 6th in our own conference is good enough for you, then I guess "clueless" could be the word used....but not for other posters.

We currently only have 2 top 100 commits.

UGA has 7, LSU 8, Alabama 8, A&M 4, Auburn 3, Miami 2, SC 2....and Clemson has 10.

Bottom line: we need to recruit better.
Crootin'!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's why I'm not so quick to call the season "over" and scoff at 10-2 and a NY6 bowl. It matters and it's part of the rebuild we're in. Not making excuses for DM and staff, and again, he has to fix the parts he controls. But it's the reality we have right now.
Our brand is that we skrimp on everything and hire garbage coaches that in a good year, go to leftover "NY Day" bowls (which doesn't mean shyt with the playoff).

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018
Joquavious (sp?) Marks is visiting this week and seems he’s got a higher chance of being in the class right now than the others.

Better chance than Knighton? Of the group I was under the impression that Knighton was probably the most likely

Regarding Jalen White, he's supposed to be big but I reallllly hope that's Plan D/F. The chances he's a diamond in the rough ala Trask are just so slim

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Better chance than Knighton? Of the group I was under the impression that Knighton was probably the most likely

Regarding Jalen White, he's supposed to be big but I reallllly hope that's Plan D/F. The chances he's a diamond in the rough ala Trask are just so slim

Reading between the lines from guys like Higdon I think there might be some trepidation on UF’s part about Knighton and his intentions. I think this visit is to see him in person and try to read if he’s truly interested. The kid has been pro mole for a long time and never gave UF a chance before.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Our brand is that we skrimp on everything and hire garbage coaches that in a good year, go to leftover "NY Day" bowls (which doesn't mean shyt with the playoff).

I don’t disagree on our being cheap. But the schools referenced above are not. I don’t think the vols were cheap or stopped caring. They canned a NC winner and went aggressive to counter us and Alabama. I don’t think USC fell apart because of not wanting to spend. They fell apart because they made a bad move, tried to recover and either doubled down or had to accept defeat(Dooley, Jones, Helton). As I said, college football moves fast. Before you know it, no one knows who you are any more.

Even a traditional power like Alabama essentially went dormant for a decade from the late ‘90s until ‘08. Are you trying to tell me that the state of Alabama and its fans didn’t care or refused to spend to get things back? And after it all, they tried their best to hire Rodriguez before he, lucky for them, bailed.

As I said, when guys like Pruitt, Diaz and Taggart were hired, their coaching ability may have been questioned, but it was all about their recruiting. None have cracked the Top10 yet. The brand and its standing matters.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Reading between the lines from guys like Higdon I think there might be some trepidation on UF’s part about Knighton and his intentions. I think this visit is to see him in person and try to read if he’s truly interested. The kid has been pro mole for a long time and never gave UF a chance before.

If he was buying what Willie was selling it would seem like he would be doing what Joseph was and seemingly convincing himself of his future at FSUx

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. The brand and its standing matters.
Right. And the truth is kids today don't even remember when we were anything other than a joke. And the kids don't really care that we're going to try to win the thrifty way. They just know they're not particularly interested in spending their next four years of their lives in ghetto housing and facilities when they have 100 better options.

We were SEC contenders in Spurrier's years and in three of CUM's six years and that's really it. But the reality is our "brand" is bad management.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Right. And the truth is kids today don't even remember when we were anything other than a joke. And the kids don't really care that we're going to try to win the thrifty way. They just know they're not particularly interested in spending their next four years of their lives in ghetto housing and facilities when they have 100 better options.

We were SEC contenders in Spurrier's years and in three of CUM's six years and that's really it. But the reality is our "brand" is bad management.
You obviously discount the recruiting impact of a fresh coat of paint, new drop ceilings, and snazzy carpet squares.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I don’t disagree on our being cheap. But the schools referenced above are not. I don’t think the vols were cheap or stopped caring. They canned a NC winner and went aggressive to counter us and Alabama. I don’t think USC fell apart because of not wanting to spend. They fell apart because they made a bad move, tried to recover and either doubled down or had to accept defeat(Dooley, Jones, Helton). As I said, college football moves fast. Before you know it, no one knows who you are any more.

Even a traditional power like Alabama essentially went dormant for a decade from the late ‘90s until ‘08. Are you trying to tell me that the state of Alabama and its fans didn’t care or refused to spend to get things back? And after it all, they tried their best to hire Rodriguez before he, lucky for them, bailed.

As I said, when guys like Pruitt, Diaz and Taggart were hired, their coaching ability may have been questioned, but it was all about their recruiting. None have cracked the Top10 yet. The brand and its standing matters.
Crootin resized.gif

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Smh. If I’m a 2020 RB recruit watching UF stumble around vs VANDY I’m not coming to Florida.

Serious, marked improvement and ability to impose the will needs to be entrenched along both lines of scrimmage and it needs to be done as quickly as possible or we’re seeing the ceiling already.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Smh. If I’m a 2020 RB recruit watching UF stumble around vs VANDY I’m not coming to Florida.

Serious, marked improvement and ability to impose the will needs to be entrenched along both lines of scrimmage and it needs to be done as quickly as possible or we’re seeing the ceiling already.
Agree. Also, knowing Knox would be my coach would steer me away too. Guys just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.