Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Regarding the Pouncy Bothers:

The WR transferring from TX, how many years does he have to play? When will he be eligible?
the rules haven't changed. he sits out a year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

If you're playing at home. Charts a little out of date but it serves my purpose. I see 14 Sr's gone. Plus Franks and Krull. CJ Henderson s going to declare. Who else from the JR class goes? Grimes maybe but seriously anybody else?
So we are down maybe 18 bodies and my understanding is that we are at 78 scholies. 78 - 18 =60
That means 25 would at least put us at 85 on NSD. MInus whichever other bums transfer.

Goldkamp updated this today, good info (free article, so you can grab the chart also):

Breaking down UF's scholarship chart, 2020 class numbers

(from the article):

Here's the current scholarship breakdown for the Gators, factoring in this weekend's departures. Florida has 75 players on scholarship at the moment, including 14 seniors who will roll off scholarship for the 2020 season.

That leaves a current total of 24 scholarships open, but that number will expand as non-seniors elect to enter the NFL Draft or pursue transfers. Players that seem most likely to explore their options in the NFL Draft and potentially depart early are receiver Trevon Grimes and Kadarius Toney, defensive tackles Tedarrell Slaton and Kyree Campbell, cornerbacks CJ Henderson and Marco Wilson and safeties Brad Stewart and Shawn Davis. It's highly improbable that all of those players leave school early, but at least a few will.

Florida can count as many as four scholarships back toward the 2019 recruiting cycle as initial counters via early enrollees. That leaves a total of 29 total initial counters for "this year's cycle;" Jordan Pouncey has already claimed one of those 29, though he will not appear on the 2020 commitment list. Another player, 2019 signee Wardrick Wilson, has also claimed one of those 29 initial counters and is expected to enroll in January. He will also not appear on the commitment list.

So Florida's 2020 commitment list can expand from its current size of 21 to 27. Meaning the Gators have six scholarships left to give for this recruiting cycle, either to high school prospects or additional transfers in.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
the rules haven't changed. he sits out a year.
That doesn't answer the question. When did he leave TX? Earlier in the year? Is 2019 considered his sitting year or did he play this year?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was listed in the press as a wr but ok cool, we need more talent there at safety anyway. Even better then because we get a good safety recruit and still have room for all the wrs on the board.

He’s being recruited as a safety but now says he’s not signing early and is going to take some OV’s. I would not be surprised if he doesn’t end up in the class. If you’re committed but not signing early that’s a bad game to play. My hunch is he’s looking to play WR somewhere because the schools he’s talking about visiting are not in our level.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Top 10 is still losing ground.

Not even close to good enough.
Are we doing this again this year?

We have to be first in your mind to compete for a championship. That's a ridiculous take. You're already setting up the next straw man to complain about. Because you can't win with top 10 recruiting classes? What are you on?

We need better situational recruiting. We need to be able to hit more on the positions of need. But as a blanket statement, that's very irrational. We have holes that need to be filled. The coaches should be concerned with filling those needs. Not worrying about some arbitrary recruiting ranking. We're already at 8. We're not making #1 but we could possibly go up a few more spots. Then you'll say yeah but we are the 4th best SEC team yada, yada, yada...

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He’s being recruited as a safety but now says he’s not signing early and is going to take some OV’s. I would not be surprised if he doesn’t end up in the class. If you’re committed but not signing early that’s a bad game to play. My hunch is he’s looking to play WR somewhere because the schools he’s talking about visiting are not in our level.
Cool - let him play WR. Heck, we need both positions.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Is this about Britt? Nobody wanted him at WR. There’s a reason a lot have backed off him. He’s not playing the smart game here imho.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is this about Britt? Nobody wanted him at WR. There’s a reason a lot have backed off him. He’s not playing the smart game here imho.

Yes Britt. IMO I think we may very well move on here if he doesn’t sign early and is looking around

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That doesn't answer the question. When did he leave TX? Earlier in the year? Is 2019 considered his sitting year or did he play this year?
He didnt sit out this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. Because you can't win with top 10 recruiting classes? What are you on?
No. We cant win with half the talent of Uga, Trailerbammer or LSU. Mullinz has proven that convincingly.

The exact ranking really isnt important, whether it is 3rd, 4th or 5th, but us landing 12ish blue chippers (and almost all low 4 stars brderline 3 stars) vs the elite teams landing 20ish will not work.

We also have to start pushing out the kids who dont develop and land 25 every year, stay at 85 not 65-75 etc.

Remember? That is why his losses at Cowbell and vs Ugly dont count. Bc he doesnt have enough talent.

But I guess we can be happy losing at Kax every year but getting a moral victory if we keep it close.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
No. We cant win with half the talent of Uga, Trailerbammer or LSU. Mullinz has proven that convincingly.

The exact ranking really isnt important, whether it is 3rd, 4th or 5th, but us landing 12ish blue chippers (and almost all low 4 stars brderline 3 stars) vs the elite teams landing 20ish will not work.

We also have to start pushing out the kids who dont develop and land 25 every year, stay at 85 not 65-75 etc.

Remember? That is why his losses at Cowbell and vs Ugly dont count. Bc he doesnt have enough talent.

But I guess we can be happy losing at Kax every year but getting a moral victory if we keep it close.
You know, you have some good points mixed in with your normal idiotic rubric.

I don’t think we need to necessarily push out kids - if we took them, that’s on us and we should ride with them. Those kids we’d be pushing out are the ones who actually need a degree - they aren’t turning into NFL players. But, we need to stop taking that level of talent in the first place. The Clemson model is best case - snatch some high end talent then fill with potential role players/“coach’s picks” after. They’ve got like 3 or 4 5* kids committed but they aren’t a top class because of the back end kids - which is fine. Their main contributors are high end talent and they develop a few “diamonds in the rough”. That can beat UGA and Bama without outranking them. Unfortunately, we have trouble getting there. Continued point of contention, though - why is Wingo not a 5? He receives nothing but rave reviews. I swear its because he didn’t choose one of those teams. Oh well - high end 4 is ~ 5*.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know, you have some good points mixed in with your normal idiotic rubric.

I don’t think we need to necessarily push out kids - if we took them, that’s on us and we should ride with them.
6853GOM.jpg

If you get to college on an academic scholarship and bring home a 2.0 gpa, your scholarship gets suspended or cancelled, too.

Some is just bad luck, injuries or congenital health issues we find later butnthere are schollies for that, but many jist dont develop due to lack of effort in weight room, film room etc. That is on them. If you dont pull your weight, you should get Sabaned. It's just business.
. The Clemson model is best case - snatch some high end talent then fill with potential role players/“coach’s picks” after.
One, they really arent the best case bc they are in the ACC. Theyd lose 2-3 games in the SEC. Two, we dont do anything on the Clemson model, from their giant support staff to their extra bags to land the elite players.

I do however agree that just landing the top kids in the state is something we should emulate, they just seem buttoncare and play harder when it is the team they grew up rooting for, but we arent landing hardly any of the top 50 in our state.
Continued point of contention, though - why is Wingo not a 5? He receives nothing but rave reviews. I swear its because he didn’t choose one of those teams. Oh well - high end 4 is ~ 5*.
I agree to an extent. I think Wingo's problem is he really doesnt have a position. Probably he is just a very athletic Rush/Buck/Jack. Im Im v concerned about whether he will make the transition to playing ILB. So far we havent successfully transitioned any safeties or OLBs.

I also agree that the system should be "recalibrated" bc statistically high 4 stars like Wingo have about the same rates of development as 5 stars. And low 4s have the same rate as 3+ guys, should be rated the same.

That being said, we do land high 3* vs low 3* from the Buttertooth era. Thats a good thing, huh?

We have only a couple of those high 4* guys anyway, even if they gave us the Newberg Bump.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
6853GOM.jpg

If younget to college on an academic scholarship and bring home a 2.0 gpa, your scholarshipmgets suspended too.

Some is just bad luck, injuries or congenital health issues we find later butnthere are schollies for that, but many jist dont develop due to lack of effort in weight room, film room etc. That is on them. If you dont pull your weight, younshould get Sabaned.
HO-LI-CRAP. How much did you drink this morning? Trainwreck of a post.

Look, moron, our current recruiting efforts will never have dudes 70-85 (assuming we ever get there) contribute meaningfully on the field. I’m fine with some high character dudes that keep good GPAs filling those spots to keep the APR up. If we were recruiting like UGA or Bama, sure - process - but as you bray incessantly (and I agree), we aren’t going to get to that level of recruiting with our UAA and boosters + coaching staff. Just ain’t happening.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. I’m fine with some high character dudes that keep good GPAs filling those spots to keep the APR up.
:lmao2: wow!!!!

Of course not everyone is contributing, some are redshirting and developing, but if you are a rSoph or Jr and not contributing, looking like a career CJ McWilliams, bye!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.