Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Not sure if this was mentioned already. The Clemson site said that Arian Smith is no longer considering them. He's down to UGA, Bama, and us. I think he's the one that wants to run track, so we may have a shot. Also, it looks like Henderson is the last offensive skill playing they are going after, but they don't feel solid with him.
Well, we know how that ends.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Well, we know how that ends.

Manuel, Fraziars, Britt, Heath and one of Smith or Henderson is not bad at WR. We may not even have room for all if we get the breaks.

Heath says it’s 50/50 UF or MSU. I’d say he’s the one on hold to see if we have room. The staff just met with Fraziars so I doubt he’ll get pushed out.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Manuel, Fraziars, Britt, Heath and one of Smith or Henderson is not bad at WR. We may not even have room for all if we get the breaks.

Heath says it’s 50/50 UF or MSU. I’d say he’s the one on hold to see if we have room. The staff just met with Fraziars so I doubt he’ll get pushed out.
Britt was recruited as a safety

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
You make some good points but the truth of the matter is we’ve been deficient in several of those areas for a decade (money & facilities) and while our coaching staff doesn’t have control over those areas, Muschamp always pulled some 5 stars. He did this despite a poor on-field product so I don’t think it’s asking too much for a new staff to also pull at least one 5 star kid.

I’m not expecting them to pull half a dozen 5 stars in light of facilities/money issues but 1 isn’t asking too much. The fact they haven’t is indicative of staff issues (laziness, being inept recruiters, etc.) rather than other reasons, IMO.
Muschamp pulled in defensive recruits. But his defensive track record speaks for itself.

We've all lamented, ad nauseam, how Mac only won the East on the backs of Champs defenses. We have a brand problem, not a recruiting problem, per se. We underestimate just how much damage Mac did to the program from a branding perspective. Can you imagine how awkward and phony that he came across to families? I think Mullen may be a late bloomer here because of it. We don't even draw interest from 5*s let alone actually landing one. I think it'll begin to change with a little consistency within the program. Mullen's a little awkward to. But he's producing. You can be awkward when you're winning.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Britt was recruited as a safety

He was listed in the press as a wr but ok cool, we need more talent there at safety anyway. Even better then because we get a good safety recruit and still have room for all the wrs on the board.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was listed in the press as a wr but ok cool, we need more talent there at safety anyway. Even better then because we get a strong safety recruit and still have room for all the wrs on the line.
Just like Slaton was listed as OL when he was recruited, but was always planned on the DL. I think Britt must've just wanted in at UF, or thought safety was his best bet at the next level. I don't know. Ahmad Black proved you don't have to be an elite athlete to play safety in the NFL, but he had some unreal instincts. Not sure what Britt brings in that regard.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Muschamp pulled in defensive recruits. But his defensive track record speaks for itself.

He’s one of the most overrated DCs of the past 20 years.

Interesting sidebar...Muschamp pulled in the same number of 5 stars on offense as he did on defense (3 on each side according to the attached breakdown).

Muschamp’s biggest recruiting problem wasn’t that he recruited only defense and ignored offense, it was more that he ignored certain positions in both sides of the ball. He’d bring in a boatload of, for example, DBs or WRs but ignore other position groups almost entirely. The classes were very unbalanced.

Let’s hope Mullen & Co. pick up the pace. We could use it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...th-carolina/usc-football/article51480435.html

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know that. I’m referring to the current staff riding back to back 10 win seasons, dominating W’s over our in state rival 2 years in a row and both major in state programs (FSU, UM) being in the gutter. You’d think they could pull one 5 star.

The previous staff sucked in all phases of the game (on & off field) and the HC was a goof ball. Recruiting sucking under him was not a surprise.
I heard you can't even start to recruit well until your fourth year.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Regarding the Pouncy Bothers:

The WR transferring from TX, how many years does he have to play? When will he be eligible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator