Mar 4, 2015
This made me laugh, didnt know where to put it
Is that Trask holding his prize?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think we're getting Gibbs and Parrish is likely the lone RB in the class. Not ideal, but better than a complete whiff.

The offers to the two WR's today are telling also. Hopefully they're just trying to secure a 2nd WR to add to Henderson.

Smith is a toss up. If we don't land him hopefully we get Pinder.

Flipping McDaniel would be nice. I'm not sure Britt will be in the class.

There's a report that Morven Joseph weighed in at 195lbs on his OV this weekend...which is why we're making a push for Harris instead. Joseph likely goes to UT.

195? Jeez...

I hope we’re not slow playing Punder just in case Tim flips. Both are takes.

I agree about Britt. I think he wants to play WR. Maybe I’m wrong.

Last edited:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
195? Jeez...

I hope we’re not slow playing Punder just in case Tim flips. Both are takes.

I agree about Britt. I think he wants to play WR. Maybe I’m wrong.

I don’t think we’re slow playing Pinder I believe he is a take for the staff but he might be shutting it down now. While we are getting positive reports on a lot of DL right now one commit could change everything. Pinder May love us and seems like a likely flip but what if Tim does? Our staff may want both but both may not want us if one were to jump on board first. We have a lot of DL committed and want even more...makes things tricky.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

assuming there is a logical explanation. They may be hoping that some can contribute and some will redshirt and separate that way. The coaches specifically mentioned that they like flexibility along the front, so some of these guys may be candidates for flexing in and out.

I have no other idea what the reasoning could be. The separation by contributing early and redshirting the rest was brought up by someone else in here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe we can start playing a real DL again?

The rest of the teams in the SEC play against the (terrible, run-based) SEC east spread offenses and they dont play a DE at DT and two outside Linebackers at DE. Perhaps this "play a Louisville CUSA-sized front line" scheme is coming to an end.

Mullinz played a fullsized front line at Cowbell.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’m with you but there’s clearly a trend in his recruiting this year. Maybe trying to backfill from previous years or getting a bunch and hoping a couple contribute early? If nothing else, I think its clear that he’s tired of being outsized on the DL so maybe he’s overcompensating with this class.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Maybe we can start playing a real DL again?

The rest of the teams in the SEC play against the (terrible, run-based) SEC east spread offenses and they dont play a DE at DT and two outside Linebackers at DE. Perhaps this "play a Louisville CUSA-sized front line" scheme is coming to an end.

Mullinz played a fullsized front line at Cowbell.
I certainly hope so.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I’m with you but there’s clearly a trend in his recruiting this year. Maybe trying to backfill from previous years or getting a bunch and hoping a couple contribute early? If nothing else, I think its clear that he’s tired of being outsized on the DL so maybe he’s overcompensating with this class.
Maybe he is recruiting to beat ugly. They have owned the LOS for three years against us.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Holy crap. We’ve been BEGGING for more beef in the middle and now we’re worried about taking too many DTs??? After the lack of DT commits over the previous 2 classes, I’m willing to cling to a sliver of hope that we’re not only trying to cover that deficit, but that even TG was able to see we’ve been soft in the middle and it’s up to him to fix it.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Holy crap. We’ve been BEGGING for more beef in the middle and now we’re worried about taking too many DTs??? After the lack of DT commits over the previous 2 classes, I’m willing to cling to a sliver of hope that we’re not only trying to cover that deficit, but that even TG was able to see we’ve been soft in the middle and it’s up to him to fix it.
Why are you surprised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.