Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Yeah we might get a couple off that list...maybe.

Go ahead and cross off a Joseph too he’s not gonna be a take for UF.

I fully expect us to get 3-5 more commits with 2-3 being decent 4*, but probably only 0-1 being elite talent.

It's gonna be another pretty good but not elite class.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Yeah from what going on in Twitter verse Washington is a lock for UGA...even though his coach all but said UF is the smart play...what a waste of talent with a brain made that way

Love seeing the UGA TE on the SEC first team

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I fully expect us to get 3-5 more commits with 2-3 being decent 4*, but probably only 0-1 being elite talent.

It's gonna be another pretty good but not elite class.

It’s gonna be a crazy couple of weeks. Have read we may go as high as 29-30 guys so we’re looking at 6-8 more now possibly. There’s a lot of kids in play and a lot committed to other teams. Lots of smoke that we’re looking good for them but as usual most committed kids sign with that team. Flips are rare and getting multiple flips this late from elite talent like Braun, Smith, Williams, Gibbs? Very unlikely...and the optics will be bad if we don’t even if in reality it never happens this way

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'll add him to the fantasy list

Watch List
5* TE (17th) Darnell Washington
4* S (55th) Avantae Williams
4* WR (58th) Xzavier Henderson
4* DT (140th) Timothy Smith
4* RB (145th) JoQuavious Marks
4* RB (171st) Jahmyr Gibbs
4* WR (207) Jimmy Calloway
4* RB (302) Henry Parish
4* S (332nd) Mordecai McDaniel
3* WDE (406th) Morven Joseph
3* DT (437th) Clyde Pinder

Donnell Harris should be added to this. He's more realistic than Gibbs, Joseph, Williams, Washington, Marks, Smith, and Calloway.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
It’s gonna be a crazy couple of weeks. Have read we may go as high as 29-30 guys so we’re looking at 6-8 more now possibly. There’s a lot of kids in play and a lot committed to other teams. Lots of smoke that we’re looking good for them but as usual most committed kids sign with that team. Flips are rare and getting multiple flips this late from elite talent like Braun, Smith, Williams, Gibbs? Very unlikely...and the optics will be bad if we don’t even if in reality it never happens this way

Where are you hearing 29-30?

Yeah, we're not flipping many committed elite players this close to ESD. Getting 2 would be a coup.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sooo, let's get Merlinistic with our DL. Teach them big strong guys to juggle. Maybe they can get an in-game competition for best stats. Of course, that will require an immense coaching attitude. Just get us where no SEC teams push us around. So Merlinize our OL too. Do big stuff while we have excellent QBs. For Pete's sake, add a champion RB.

I had a dream last night about how good this recruit-class works out and it made me happy ... it made Jenna Jaimeson happy too.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hmmm... poorly stated on my part. Will reattempt:

Our defense, unbalanced as it is, as mostly worked. I know you like advanced stats so consider we are 14 in DFEI.

2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL DEFENSIVE FEI RATINGS | Football Outsiders

No roster is perfect - even bama and UGA have positions of need where it didn’t work out or they didn’t get as many as they wanted in previous years. It’s the ebb and flow of recruiting, transferring, injuries, and graduation. We are actively pursuing a bunch of dudes this year in an attempt (apparently) to rectify the situation. We also have a bunch of extra schollies. So no, I don’t think this one instance of roster imbalance is a major indictment of our staff or puts us at odds with 99% of CFB. I think its a confluence of circumstances that we are actively trying to address - thankfully! S and WR will probably be next year’s issues.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Is there an advanced stat on how many times we made LSU punt. Didnt seem like Ugaly was any better.
This instance would be best served by the “totaling” approach, especially since its the only possibility for you to understand. LSU punted twice and we punted four times. UGA punted twice and we punted three times.

I find it really funny that you’ve decided to turn a close loss, on the road, at night, with a deeply flawed roster missing its two best DEs, against the best team in the country into some scathing indictment of the staff. You can bray “moral victory” all you want but there are games we just aren’t supposed to win. UGA is another, very frustrating story but that wasn’t the lost cause you try to paint it as either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Two punts per game is truly the sign of an elite DC, I suspect.

That makes Zook and Hoke blush.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Two punts per game is truly the sign of an elite DC, I suspect.

That makes Zook and Hoke blush.
Yea, only played two games this year. Funny how the Auburn game - one you predicted as a sure loss that would lead to a 7-5 record - does not count into your calculations. Or any other game. Yet you also say you are what your record says. Very confusing.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yea, only played two games this year. Funny how the Auburn game - one you predicted as a sure loss that would lead to a 7-5 record - does not count into your calculations. Or any other game. Yet you also say you are what your record says. Very confusing.
We played 3 good teams this year. Lost to two and won one, and it was the lower of 3 in comparison. Regardless of record, 2/3 of the time against solid competition, our defense struggled mightily to get off the field.

You know how you complain about Donkey always beating things to death, well... you have a tendency to do the same when it comes to disagreeing with him. :lol:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yeah from what going on in Twitter verse Washington is a lock for UGA...even though his coach all but said UF is the smart play...what a waste of talent with a brain made that way

Love seeing the UGA TE on the SEC first team

Twitter verse as in people who actually know something or as in twitter verse from Ugly fans?
It is, uh...., interesting that UF is the better/smarter choice for him, yet he may end up at Ugly instead. Makes one wonder.....

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Is there an advanced stat on how many times we made LSU punt. Didnt seem like Ugaly was any better.

We and UGA each forced LSU to punt just twice.

Losing Greenard and Zuniga after the first play hurt, hard to say how much. And that speaks to the inexperienced & undersized depth at DE.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
It seems like something so in the open that it’s just laughed about in private by the coaches and boosters...but ROI is going south quick in Athens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator