Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I call BS. He's just as tall as Brady White and Riley Ferguson with more athleticism and a much stronger arm. The fsu writers aren't going to say that the brand new coach met with its most important recruit only for that recruit to be so turned off he immediately decommits. Unless he is able to flip a legit QB, this is devastating.

Of course this is the case, on the UF board. They've been talking about him de-committing since the in-home visit. Something happened on that in-home; either Sims said, "Suck it, I'm out" or Norvell said 'you're not a good fit'. Either way, Sims ain't going to FSU now and they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to find a QB. Their QB room is a disaster. Unless they land a prominent transfer, their QB room next season is full of low 3-star G5 type QBs.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Their QB room is a disaster. Unless they land a prominent transfer, their QB room next season is full of low 3-star G5 type QBs.
It means no legit QB signing in 3 years. Norvelle is destroying his career at fsu in the first week.

:bwahaha:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Of course this is the case, on the UF board. They've been talking about him de-committing since the in-home visit. Something happened on that in-home; either Sims said, "Suck it, I'm out" or Norvell said 'you're not a good fit'. Either way, Sims ain't going to FSU now and they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to find a QB. Their QB room is a disaster. Unless they land a prominent transfer, their QB room next season is full of low 3-star G5 type QBs.
Their QB room matches their OL room so they have that going for them.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
What the running game was this year and you're all genuinely surprised we're having trouble getting a top back?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It’s the same thing Mullen did to Corral I’m guessing so I have to agree with you. Happening a lot lately. Might need to re-evaluate my position on things.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Oh, I agree. I just wish we didnt do they square peg round hole lwt's just run the option thing for the first 3.5 quarters of every game.
We don’t but it’s fun to keep promulgating that.

Wasn’t USC the game we kept shooting ourselves in the foot early? I know we joke about the 4Q thing but if memory serves we had some good drives that ended stupidly in the first half.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Listening to Josh Newberg doing an "emergency" podcast. On the podcast, Zach Blostein of 247 quotes Sims. Basically, Sims came away from the in-home visit thinking he isn't a fit for White WiLLLLLLLie's offense. I'll take Blostein at his word. Quoting a commit would be stupid if he didn't actually say it.

Chris Nee says he doesn't think Sims will still visit.

Last edited:

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This appears to be Sims replacement. He got the first offer from Norvelle.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
@ltraz
Serious question. I'm not trying to debate. Sims comes away thinking he isn't a fit for Norvelle's offense. But, somehow, Kade Renfro (North Texas commit) and Tate Rodemaker(USF) are? Even though Sims is far more talented and basically the same size. I'm genuinely at a loss. What do you think Norvelle is looking for that Sims doesn't have?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
@ltraz
Serious question. I'm not trying to debate. Sims comes away thinking he isn't a fit for Norvelle's offense. But, somehow, Kade Renfro and Tate Rodemaker are? Even though Sims is far more talented and basically the same size. I'm genuinely at a loss. What do you think Norvelle is looking for that Sims doesn't have?

Im not @ltraz ... apologize for butting in ... but just because Sims comes away saying he isn't a fit doesn't mean that Norvelle turned him away. Could be Sims listened to Norvelle's pitch and answers to his questions and Sims came to his own conclusion that he doesn't fit his system.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This appears to be Sims replacement. He got the first offer from Norvelle.

Awesome. He is bring conf usa to the ACC to make it even more of a cupcake conference. What is really going to be funny ... he gets turned down by tate.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Let’s just get real, Black QB’s just aren’t a fit in his system.

First they string Haggins along and get his hopes up that the WT firing had nothing to do with race and he was in serious contention(rumor is he signed a lease for a 2/1 apartment that fortunately he was able to back out of). Then they hire the whitest coach available, who proceeds to tell their longstanding QB commit that he sees him as more of WR/DB, and announces that fsu will be pursuing his version of a QB, a kid named Tate. Solid week for the noles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator