Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Higdon saying we got another commitment today...of the secret variety so TIFWIW...said news should come out soon but no set timetable for public announcement. Says the flip is still supposed to happen...if true puts us 24 with very limited spots available

Did he use one of those eyeballs emojis?

That's the only thing I put any stock in.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Updated short list of guys we ain't getting.

5* TE (17th) Darnell Washington
4* WDE (54th) Donnel Harris
4* S (55th) Avantae Williams
4* WR (58th) Xzavier Henderson
4* DT (140th) Timothy Smith
4* RB (145th) JoQuavious Marks
4* RB (171st) Jahmyr Gibbs
4* WR (207) Jimmy Calloway
4* OT (285) Jashua Braun
4* RB (302) Henry Parish
4* S (332nd) Mordecai McDaniel
3* WDE (406th) Morven Joseph
3* DT (437th) Clyde Pinder
Did he use one of those eyeballs emojis?

That's the only thing I put any stock in.
eyeballs and white uniforms

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Johnson(I'm not familiar with him) looks fine. He wins.

Grantham's "I just cropdusted a group of strangers" smile is not ideal, but par for the course.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
upload_2019-12-11_16-39-32.gif

To many of us (and probably to some recruits’ parents, as well), Dan’s clothes are ridiculous. But for some kids, this is all they see when Dan walks up

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Sooooo Kirby gets away with his Canterbury tales asexual bowl cut on the trail but Dans pants are what bothers you?

You must have me confused with someone else, I've never seen a picture of Kirby Bangs that I didn't want to piss on.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Higdon saying we got another commitment today...of the secret variety so TIFWIW...said news should come out soon but no set timetable for public announcement. Says the flip is still supposed to happen...if true puts us 24 with very limited spots available
OK – I know you’re just the messenger.

But why is it that other teams just have people commit to them. Ours have supersecret commits they can’t tell anybody that they’re committing…

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014

But why is it that other teams just have people commit to them. Ours have supersecret commits they can’t tell anybody that they’re committing…

This.

It always seems so damn difficult for us to lock them down. I prefer to have recruits commit, tweet a picture doing the chomp, and publicly tell the rest of the coaches to f*ck off.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Because you don’t follow other teams as closely as ours. Other teams get silent commits all the time. Cook and Manual are 2 right off the top of my head that were publicly committed to UF and silently committed to fsu. Some do it because they are committed somewhere else some because it’s easier to tell a staff what they want to hear vs telling them no

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I may not remember it correctly, but didn't CDM get a commitment from EJ before Corral was told to look elsewhere? I know nothing about Norvell's offense or about Sims' skill set, but I would think he's take over getting no one or a low three star. Hell, who would have figured CDM would have gotten as much out of Trask as he did?

I think EJ was an ESD decision, and corral decommitted before the ESD decision.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Updated short list of guys we ain't getting.

5* TE (17th) Darnell Washington
4* WDE (54th) Donnel Harris
4* S (55th) Avantae Williams
4* WR (58th) Xzavier Henderson
4* DT (140th) Timothy Smith
4* RB (145th) JoQuavious Marks
4* RB (171st) Jahmyr Gibbs
4* WR (207) Jimmy Calloway
4* OT (285) Jashua Braun
4* RB (302) Henry Parish
4* S (332nd) Mordecai McDaniel
3* WDE (406th) Morven Joseph
3* DT (437th) Clyde Pinder
You must be a real joy at holiday parties

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Because you don’t follow other teams as closely as ours. Other teams get silent commits all the time. Cook and Manual are 2 right off the top of my head that were publicly committed to UF and silently committed to fsu. Some do it because they are committed somewhere else some because it’s easier to tell a staff what they want to hear vs telling them no

Bowden was infamous for that. And his logic was that a coach sitting across from an undecided kid had to sell his program and his program only because he doesn't have an enemy that he can identify and attack. If he's sitting across from a committed kid, that coach knows what to say to appear better than who the kid is currently with or all the reasons the prospect shouldn't go there. So even though a kid might be locked in, the other coaches didn't really have any real idea of who they were battling.

Also he wouldn't allow his flips to go public. If it became common knowledge, the recently spurned coach could try to reel him back in. But of course if the other coach--specifically a rival-- has no clue, he stops going after other options, leaving him empty handed on NSD. Patrick Robinson admitted that in 2006. He went public to UF, but secretly flipped to fsu and never told Meyer until the fax didn't come through. I think that moment changed everything about the way he recruited from that point on.

I hate Bowden, and I know he was just a bumbling old man who'd lost it late in the game, but his approach in his prime was both savage and brilliant. Ftr, I'm not saying that's what's happening here, and certainly not across the board. Just that there are some advantages.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bowden was infamous for that. And his logic was that a coach sitting across from an undecided kid had to sell his program and his program only because he doesn't have an enemy that he can identify and attack. If he's sitting across from a committed kid, that coach knows what to say to appear better than who the kid .
Except Booby actually landed his #SecretCommits and ours go to Trailerbammer, LSU and elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.