Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Much depends on the finish to be sure. But in any event, we are still at least one no BS "elite" class away from really challenging for the bigtime. The 2021 recruiting class looms large for the future of the program - regardless of how well we finish this year's class.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Ugay has their hat on the board for like 4/5 5* left. No sense in comparing classes at this point. But we have inched closer. And I’m much happier with our coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Much depends on the finish to be sure. But in any event, we are still at least one no BS "elite" class away from really challenging for the bigtime..
It is really three straight classes. A second class with just some redshirt freshmen, a couple of sophs who played as true freshmen from the first class, and some recent signees in the second class, doesnt change the direction of the program.

This also isnt an elite class It a nice class, better than the past, but still only a couple of elite or near elite players.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It is really three straight classes. A second class with just some redshirt freshmen, a couple of sophs who played as true freshmen from the first class, and some recent signees in the second class, doesnt change the direction of the program.

This also isnt an elite class It a nice class, better than the past, but still only a couple of elite or near elite players.
What it does do is raise the floor. Building quality depth. A roster of mid/low 4’s is a lot better than high 3/low 4s with the Donovan Stiners and CJ McWilliams of the world expected to contribute. Kids like Elam now have legit back ups to spell them. OL might have a second string that weren’t full of kids we stole from FIU. Heck - our WOs are starting to have schollie offers from former national champs!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Never really noticed this guy's smile before. Just gonna go ahead and say it...

Do we not include dental care in the benefit packages for our coaches? I had just assumed that we did, but after years of seeing Sharf*cker's buttery chompers, and now this... I'm not so sure that we do.

Did Foley skimp out onhttps://youtu.be/vR1IQ-CN0zs?t=55 this, as well?

Pretty sure the guy is a severe bruxer, grinding in his sleep. I had a severe bruxer patient. First time I looked in his mouth, I could see the nerve canals on 6 all teeth. No occlusal enamel just the see-through dentin. The nerves were receding, laying down reparative dentin. I had to do 6 root canals on 6 buttress-teeth, 6 top, 6 bottom. Put special crowns with snap female receptacles and make an overdenture with the precision male projections that snapped into those 6/6 crown-stumps. He knew he'd wear down his dentures, needing a remake in 5-8 years.

Maybe this guy got preventive help before nerves were exposed. He could wear mouth-guards. Grind on them, not his teeth.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Never really noticed this guy's smile before. Just gonna go ahead and say it...

Do we not include dental care in the benefit packages for our coaches? I had just assumed that we did, but after years of seeing Sharf*cker's buttery chompers, and now this... I'm not so sure that we do.

Did Foley skimp out on this, as well?

I know you are joking, but here goes anyway. Don't know about the Athletic department but all UF faculty have optional dental insurance that only covers $1500 at most a year, so barely enough for a root canal.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We are going to have a good class. But good classes don’t bring in a lot of hardware. Don’t get me wrong, we are addressing the LOS and have a Perfect QB for Mullen. I think most people will be happy with this class, especially if we land a couple more quality flips on the line.

what people need to understand is that this is the type of class that adds quality depth, but we are sorely missing elites, yet again. There is no reason why this class should save the Knox’s, BG’s or English’s of the staff.
It is a step in a very good direction but it can’t be the last step. More elites and locking down the state while balancing the roster is the destination.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Slaton - Is getting mentioned in the 3rd-4th round range. Would he leave for that or try and bolster his stock?

Grimes - Is all over the map, mentioned anywhere from round 2 to 6. I think he flies up the board with a great combine.

Davis - URFA. This one surprised me the most. No one even lists him in the top 40 safety prospects.

Wilson - Rounds 5-7. Could even go undrafted.

Zuniga - All over the map. Top 40 draft grade. Injuries have dropped to the 4-6 range. Someone could take a chance though.

Davis isn’t listed in the Top 40 bc he’s not a very good football player. No idea why he’d think he’s good enough to leave early.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’m guessing RB flames out. WR isn’t looking good. Safety finally got some talent this cycle but who knows if it will be coached up. Yet... no staff changes. Great.
but 2bits guaranteed staff changes are already a done deal, and according to him he's never wrong. so we got that goin for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.