Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WOW - thanks for posting this. I like this kid.
He is about the only kid left I want to take. We should land NOT someone just to have a guy with a pulse.

Last edited:

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Just want to make sure I understand where we are with respect to the 2020 rb class.

We got beat out by Cowbell on the kid we really wanted and now our only hope is flipping a Ga Tech commit otherwise we'll get shut out. And the only way we have any chance at the Ga Tech kid is if UGA passes because they already have 2 5 Star rbs in their class?

Don't think I could have comprehended writing this 10 years ago.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Just want to make sure I understand where we are with respect to the 2020 rb class.

We got beat out by Cowbell on the kid we really wanted and now our only hope is flipping a Ga Tech commit otherwise we'll get shut out. And the only way we have any chance at the Ga Tech kid is if UGA passes because they already have 2 5 Star rbs in their class?

Don't think I could have comprehended writing this 10 years ago.
So glad you have learned to write. Perhaps in the next ten years you can learn to cipher.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
To all dumpers;
Please tell us what you expected when CDM was hired. I didn't expect much. Thought he would stop the slide and stabilize the program. I didn't expect much. I have actually gotten more than the little I expected. Figured 8 or 9 wins and I have gotten 10. Figured low to mid teens recruiting ranking and have gotten that and maybe a tiny bit more. Would I like to beat UGA and have our recruiting ranking in the top five? Yes. Did I expect this would happen within CDM's first four years? No. I guess this dumping annoys me not because I want winning less, but because we have gotten all we could reasonably expect from him. Furthermore, our facilities are late and, deep in your hearts, you know CDM isn't going to be impeached before he has a chance to recruit with facilities. So why raise a big political show, wringing your hands, beating your breasts, ripping your clothes, and crying "Woe is us!" to the heavens.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
To all dumpers;
Please tell us what you expected when CDM was hired. I didn't expect much. Thought he would stop the slide and stabilize the program. I didn't expect much. I have actually gotten more than the little I expected. Figured 8 or 9 wins and I have gotten 10. Figured low to mid teens recruiting ranking and have gotten that and maybe a tiny bit more. Would I like to beat UGA and have our recruiting ranking in the top five? Yes. Did I expect this would happen within CDM's first four years? No. I guess this dumping annoys me not because I want winning less, but because we have gotten all we could reasonably expect from him. Furthermore, our facilities are late and, deep in your hearts, you know CDM isn't going to be impeached before he has a chance to recruit with facilities. So why raise a big political show, wringing your hands, beating your breasts, ripping your clothes, and crying "Woe is us!" to the heavens.
Because law’s real name is Adam Schiff.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To all dumpers;

Would you prefer to crush them, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women?

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
To all dumpers;
Because its unacceptable plain and simple. Just because Stricklin decided to hire a high floor low ceiling coach doesn't mean we have to accept it.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Because its unacceptable plain and simple. Just because Stricklin decided to hire a high floor low ceiling coach doesn't mean we have to accept it.
Actually, you do have to accept it. How are you not accepting it? You are watching the games, following recruiting. What more is there? Or did you cancel your season tickets? Did you stop an annual donation?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. So why raise a big political show, wringing your hands, beating your breasts, ripping your clothes, and crying "Woe is us!" to the heavens.
You have been reading the Bible again, have you?

The Gator standard is championships period. If you want to be the second coming of Mr 0-10-1, good for you.

Yes, you and I know we have gotten all we ever will out of Dorky Dan, in all likelihood, but that doesnt mean we couldnt hope he improves and point out the path he could take to be less Dannish, even if we know he wont.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You have been reading the Bible again, have you?

The Gator standard is championships period. If you want to be the second coming of Mr 0-10-1, good for you.

Yes, you and I know we have gotten all we ever will out of Dorky Dan, in all likelihood, but that doesnt mean we couldnt hope he improves and point out the path he could take to be less Dannish, even if we know he wont.
Maybe you should write him a strongly worded letter :dunno:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we are at a point where we can kiss Jamyr Gibbs goodbye.....dude has way too much attention on him from the big boys now for us to compete. Late to the party again. I do think we will compete for the playoffs next year with the team we do have, but it is getting rather aggravating offering these studs late thinking they will jump ship.

We didn’t offer Gibbs late in comparison to most of the other big boys you mentioned. I think his best offer was Georgia Tech, who he pledged to. We’ve been on him a while. The others have been on him, after we came calling.

Parrish is the one we were definitely late on. Which is crazy considering his stats and the fact that he’s 8A All State. But there’s a reason he’s a Pitt pledge I suppose. Size seems to be his issue. Having said that, I’m confident Mullen could have a major role for a guy like that. But he needs a bruiser type to compliment him. We don’t need to go back to the Demps, Rainey days of having no true SEC rb.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Or we could organize a protest outside the offices...and look like the spoiled entitled fans that we’re accused of being...”double digit wins aren’t good enough”...”pick up recruiting or pick up a pink slip”...”playoffs or bust” Bama message boards are funny to see...they complain about way more than we do

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We didn’t offer Gibbs late in comparison to most of the other big boys you mentioned.
Of course we offered late. We always show up late and unprepared. Im sure Knox then insulted him further my ensuring that he knew we really had good vibes from Bowman and Smith and that he was just a plan D.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Okay. Fair enough.

I have a question though: which coach did you want? Chip Kelly or Scott Frost?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Or we could organize a protest outside the offices...and look like the spoiled entitled fans that we’re accused of being...”double digit wins aren’t good enough”...”pick up recruiting or pick up a pink slip”...”playoffs or bust” Bama message boards are funny to see...they complain about way more than we do
Are you still wearing that "BUT BUTTERS HAD DOUBLE DIGIT WINS" tshirt?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No but I forgot to add I was being completely facetious...apparently complaining means being a “bad fan” I don’t buy into that
I can never really tell with you.

You seem to go both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members