Status
Not open for further replies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE="JDW, post: 1008920, member: 2060 :bandit: I need to lighten up on the reefer[/QUOTE]

said no one ever

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
If readers were to infer the role of attorneys from your postings, they would assume that the role of you guys was to selectively choose the evidence you like, disregard evidence you don't like, take the few genuine facts you use out of context, and shade your prose to the point it usually stops just short of an outright lie.

That’s not an inference, it’s the damn job description.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So, you dont think they were pretty desperate at the point they motiviating him that way?

It is just astonishing we are still picking through other teams garbage but I guess I shouldnt be surprised.

I guess when your WR recruiting is a colossal failure then we're desperate, he is desperate, perfect fit.

Yeah... because the last two receivers we got via transfer were such garbage....

We all get it, we need to recruit better. But one thing that Dan has consistently done is get good to great talent through the transfer portal. Continuing to call them trash doesn’t make them so, any more than continuing to call out starting quarterback trash (who you said would never play a meaningful down).

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Yeah... because the last two receivers we got via transfer were such garbage....

We all get it, we need to recruit better. But one thing that Dan has consistently done is get good to great talent through the transfer portal. Continuing to call them trash doesn’t make them so, any more than continuing to call out starting quarterback trash (who you said would never play a meaningful down).

:burn2:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m guessing you’re rooting for this to happen so we can all hear about it 10,000 times...
Even if true, do you think me "rooting for this" is why these morons cant qualify?

I mean, three in a row shows a deep problem w recruiting right? or you think it is just my psychic powers?

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We only get 25 counters per year. We cannot substitute transfers for recruits and not pay for it down the road.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018

There's no need for qualifiers. Who cares if they share similarities in background?

The "consistency" is that, so far, Mullen has been able to select, recruit and groom transfers that have been good (Grimes) to very good (Jefferson) to elite (Greenard), from various backgrounds and situations, and helped them become valuable pieces. Cox will probably contribute too.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018

When we're losing out on 3 star receivers to West Virginia, you take a former 5 star at a position of need and bank just a bit on the fact that Mullen's been pretty good at the transfer thing so far.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When we're losing out on 3 star receivers to West Virginia, you take a former 5 star at a position of need and bank just a bit on the fact that Mullen's been pretty good at the transfer thing so far.
Here’s the issue. That 5* has to sit and if you’re lucky he really is a 5*, otherwise you get two years of 3* play. And if he does play like a 5*, you get one yr.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Here’s the issue. That 5* has to sit and if you’re lucky he really is a 5*, otherwise you get two years of 3* play. And if he does play like a 5*, you get one yr.

Shorter has 3 years of eligibility and we’d get 2 years minimum

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018

Understand, except like JDW said, pretty sure it's 2 years.

Either way, I'd take my chances on a "reclamation project" with a guy that was once the #8 recruit in the country. If he has to sit a year, he gets 16 months under Savage before he has to contribute. If somehow he manufactures a waiver, and Grimes stays, we suddenly have FOUR former 5 star guys on the roster in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator