Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullens recruiting has a long way to go but, that I don't believe. All the classes in the lost decade were unbalanced, just as this one is. What they didn't have was elite defensive tackles this one does.
Still no ILBs. After two straight classes with no ILBs.

I LOVE Wingo, and I'm sure he's going to be a big contributor somewhere, but he is currently a DE/Edge. We may project him at ILB just as we did Bernie and "Little" Reese (nownthe bigger of the two) but we've seen that neither of those two have worked out either.

At safety we're stuck playing the same guys, at inside linebacker we're stuck playing the same guys (minus Reese the only vaguely competent one). Safety help May finally be on the way but 2 years too late and they won't be ready until next year at the earliest, likely not really ready for SEC play until 2 years from now.

I know you guys will blame the linebacker and safety problems on the next DC, but this will all be about the recruiting errors of the last two classes.

Wide receiver looks decent this year. landing the Conference USA players last two years won't really hurt. wide receivers and cornerbacks can play reasonably well as freshman.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
How many times would Trask get sacked behind our line if he was waiting for 50 yard routes?
That is a very valid point. I think Mullen did an excellent job of play calling considering our run game was garbage. Trask did a great job. The WRs did a great job.

We have a different team coming in this year.

Let's hope (at least I'm hoping) that Mullen fixes the running game which, in turn, would allow a more vertical passing game.

It will never be Spurrier like though. (Unless Mullen has an epiphany ... which Saban did)

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, good stat. Air Force, Navy, Army and the National Guard are atop that list.
It's a stat. Yards per completion. I would expect the "bombers" to be near the top. Also showed the placement of other SEC teams.

No such thing as a good or bad stat.

It's a stat.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's a stat. Yards per completion. I would expect the "bombers" to be near the top. Also showed the placement of other SEC teams.

No such thing as a good or bad stat.

It's a stat.

Truth. Stats can be contorted to be on either side of the argument. It all boils down to how good you at lying with a straight face. :lol:

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Please. Gators dont even bother often.

I sucked too much to play at Miami (or the coach didnt like me and said I was hurt when I say Im ready) isnt a valid waiver.

Yes, yes, I know. Twotter said Cox and errbody gettin waivers so you buy it.
Nearly 70% of waivers are granted but yea I guess emotional b1tching is fun too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How many times would Trask get sacked behind our line if he was waiting for 50 yard routes? Seems like something Mac tried to do. .
No one is talking about 50 yard passes.

It takes like 0.5 seconds to run a medium route (7-11 ish yards) vs running short (sideways) routes.

Spurrier didn't run long passes. probably 80% of his passes were medium fades, slants, ins.

We can do this forever. it kind of reminds me of the people on the very early forums when a few of us bitched about Spurrier refusing to run from the shotgun. Spurrier knew at all. Respect the coach etc. We didn't know ****. Running from under center gave him the option to run power type football etc.

Butters ran screens and play actions. He didnt throw anything downfield either.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I know we have an overall piss poor roster with holes and little depth but this isn't the 4th or 5th best class of the decade.
I don't know what we do at middle linebacker next year hell I've been hoping for an upgrade over Reese for years but, if Black sticks with us after he graduates he will step in as the starter. Of course I wouldn't blame him if he picked a school that would take him now, I know most guys would.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
the best stat is that we were highly disciplined. One of the lowest in penalties per game.

NCAA College Football FBS Stats | NCAA.com
Passing offense was 16th this year. That's three times in about 20 minutes. You're on quite the streak.

Which, taking the yards per completion and rushing offense (107th) stats, backs up Donkeys "sideways" offense to the hilt.
NCAA College Football FBS current team Stats | NCAA.com
Rushing Offense:
1) Navy
2) Airforce
3) Army
12) Clemson
13) Miss ST
33) Auburn
41) Leghumpers
56) Alabama
60) LSU
107) UF

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
First of all, good to have you back. Secondly, you remain what you have always been, a walking contradiction. If you can’t identify it from your own post above, there’s simply no helping you. But, then again, I’ve known you long enough to know that facts never get in the way of the narrative.

We ARE improving, doosh, and that includes recruiting AND the portal. It never was going to be a sustainably steep rise . Sit back, pour another Bacardi Breezer and relax.

If drawing attention to himself, while pissing people off, is in fact his primary goal on this board, our resident barnyard barrister is a resounding success by any reasonable standard. As an experiment, I put him on ignore to see how much he affects the course of any given thread by simply gauging the nature and frequency of the reaction to his "input." It truly is amazing to see the volume of highly agitated responses he can instigate by simply remaining on the attack, regardless of the news of the day or the validity of his "insight." Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I agree with much of what he has to say, but he can sure as hell stir the pot with the absolute best of them. And if derailing an existing conversation with a verbal hand grenade here and there were a sport, he'd be the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world. Just saying,

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t get why some of the people here fail to recognize or acknowledge the obvious momentum that’s being generated by the program. That’s the basis for true sustainable organic growth, and I for one like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator