Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My initial thought was actually running some version of a 5-2
Look, here's a little secret we can keep between us, 3-4 is 5-2. The old DEs just stand up now.

We claim to play a 3-4 but we almost NEVER have 4 olbs on the field. We have two ILBs and a Rush. The "starting Sam backer" is on the sideline all day while a nickel takes his place.

We don't really play a true OLB. Not sure why we've recruited 12 of them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But the big news here remains that we now have several "elite" talents in the house...
Most of us knew they were elite all along. Rivals did too, they just don't change their ratings every single week for click bait purposes or to raise the stars for Clowntown and Ugly.

While you are technically correct about the "low 4* guys," it's worth noting that they are undeniably much better prospects than the 2* & 3* recruits that peppered the roster bequeathed to DM by McDoofus. .
There is no keep building. He owns it. 75 plus of the roster are his. He sinks or swims. He won't get time to start over again because he kept his sorry ass recruiting staff from Cowbell and can't beat Uga. He will probably get 2021 despite losing to Uga again this fall, but that is it.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Most of us knew they were elite all along. Rivals did too, they just don't change their ratings every single week for click bait purposes or to raise the stars for Clowntown and Ugly.

So now you knew they were elite talent? I thought you said this staff cant recruit elite talent. Injun speak with forked tongue...again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So now you knew they were elite talent? I thought you said this staff cant recruit elite talent. Injun speak with forked tongue...again.
It seems a little early for you to be in a drunken coma already.

You can check every single post I've ever made about THOSE TWO PLAYERS. I was singing the praises of Wingo long before he committed and he will be a beast, somewhere on the field.

It's some of the rest that are the problem.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014

You can check every single post I've ever made about THOSE TWO PLAYERS. I was singing the praises of Wingo long before he committed and he will be a beast, somewhere on the field.

Have you ever considered posting less?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

mmmm hmmmm....still doesn't explain the staff comments. Looking like your gonna be wrong even more...what else is new...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
mmmm hmmmm....still doesn't explain the staff comments. Looking like your gonna be wrong even more...what else is new...
The staff is garbage. Still.

We should be getting "quality leftovers" and looking up at 4-7 other SEC teams, ever. Or struggling to catch scUM in top Florida recruits.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I think he could use a couple of upgrades but its beginning to look a bit better. Landing a few 5s and having some future 5s looking at us. Gotta admit its better.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

There is no keep building. He owns it. 75 plus of the roster are his. He sinks or swims. He won't get time to start over again because he kept his sorry ass recruiting staff from Cowbell and can't beat Uga. He will probably get 2021 despite losing to Uga again this fall, but that is it.

Yada, yada, yada, bulshytt, bullshytt, bullshytt. Your "one trick jackass" comedy act is getting tired donkey boy.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Don't mind me, I'm just enjoying the show.

giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think he could use a couple of upgrades but its beginning to look a bit better. Landing a few 5s and having some future 5s looking at us. Gotta admit its better.
It is. I think we might even be able to pull away from Kintucky now. Not sure about Tinerc.

That was trolling.

It is better but we still have glaring problems at ILB and several other positions. It is weird how EVERYTHING is so difficult for this staff. Trying to lure a (good) back from Ga Tech. Trying to land legacy X Henderson and Smith. Honestly it shouldnt be hard.

7th is better than mid teens though, that is sure. It isn't good enough. 15 bluechippers versus 20+ for the elite teams, but it is at least moving in the right direction.

7th is our average.

Last edited:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
It is. I think we might even be able to pull away from Kintucky now. Not sure about Tinerc.

That was trolling.

It is better but we still have glaring problems at ILB and several other positions. It is weird how EVERYTHING is so difficult for this staff. Trying to lure a (good) back from Ga Tech. Trying to land legacy X Henderson and Smith. Honestly it shouldnt be hard.

EJ (and Mamma?) was all about the Stanford degree and there's just nothing else to say about it. Hendo Jr weighed his options and in the fullness of time chose the good guys. The pissing and moaning about how long it took the young man to make the most important decision of his young life to date is just plain damned goofy. You do in fact have a point about the need for a prototypical ILB or two. But allow me to refer you to my previous observations concerning the need for time, continued hard work and a modicum of patience among the ranks of the constantly braying few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator