Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Rivals lists Clayton as a mid-tier 4 star. 247 has him in the low to mid tier. The services really like the kid. It is the injury issue that is the problem. Will the kid be back to his old form? If so, you are getting a higher ranked RB. If not, a team will have a serviceable back. It is the Nayquan Wright situation all over again. Wright was a high 4 to 5 star (.9739) on both services before his injury. Afterwards, he dropped like a rock. Which back will he be at UF?

I don't know why people are so concerned w/ injuries to a 17 year old. These kids bounce back so quick from injuries, because of their youth, it's a complete non-issue. Unless the kid had his knee or hip completely destroyed in a high impact, high speed automobile accident I wouldn't be concerned one bit.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Insane.

Remind me how good Marco was this year after his injury.

We can do this all day long. Remind me how Andre Caldwell returned from the injury he sustained on the kickoff return. THAT was an ugly injury, not a blown ACL by making a cut in the turf. These kids are like rubberbands at that age. They are still growing, still maturing physically. Often times, due to having to go through rehab they return even stronger. It's 2020, not 1978 when taking a water break during practice was frowned upon.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We can do this all day long.
We can. Thousands did well, thousands struggled.

That is the point, it is a coin toss and every decent scout steers clear of the injury problem kids.

We obviously have struck out on every other RB on theface of the damn planet though and have zero other options.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
We can. Thousands did well, thousands struggled.

That is the point, it is a coin toss and every decent scout steers clear of the injury problem kids.

We obviously have struck out on every other RB on theface of the damn planet though and have zero other options.
Is even Clayton am option?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
knox has struck out 8-10 times this cycle and we’re not sure a 4* is a take? I’m so confused.

I don’t think our staff thinks he’s good enough. Yeah he’s a 4*....but he’s in the heart of SEC country and he has no offers from any of the other teams. It’s not just our staff.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He was released, but still not eligible to sign another LOI? How does the ncaa justify such a stupid rule? Did someone organize a bake sale on his behalf??? I don’t care who he signs with, the release should be all that’s needed to allow him complete freedom to pursue another school.
if you're released but not allowed to go anywhere else, you are not released. once again, ncaa is retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator