Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

And the plot thickens...he’s scheduled to be at Clemson’s spring game with no more scheduled UF visits...better focus on Lee and Smith for now

I don't know why I should be surprised. When is the last time we landed top players? 2010?

We aren't even on the radar of the elite players anymore.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I don't know why I should be surprised. When is the last time we landed top players? 2010?

We aren't even on the radar of the elite players anymore.

Funny thing is I’m not saying to give up...I’m saying try a different approach cause obviously what we’re doing isn’t working

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Funny thing is I’m not saying to give up...I’m saying try a different approach cause obviously what we’re doing isn’t working
A different approach could be to actually hire recruiters. Law is right, if they can't recruit it will sort itself out

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A different approach could be to actually hire recruiters. Law is right, if they can't recruit it will sort itself out
Yeah, this is beginning to look like the Butters Second Term. First year may be the best, again.

Hoping for elite level recruiting? Yeah... not happening again next year I suspect.

Last edited:

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently, all our improved activity with top recruits is only giving them something to threaten their real favored team with and/or as our resident conspiracy theorists would have it, raised the bag budget of our neighbors.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yeah, this is beginning to look like the Butters Second Term. First year may be the best, again.

Hoping for elite level recruiting? Yeah... not happening again next year I suspect.

Again, aren't you the main one that has it chiseled in stone that we cant recruit at a high level without facilities? While I agree, I am not sure why you would be surprised at the level of recruiting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are going to lose some due to facilities, no doubt.

But only Butters and Mullinz have been unable to keep any of our top talent at home.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dont worry. Slev says those teams will fill up eventually, then we can get leftovers once LSU and Barn fill up too.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Well, this is depressing. And just think, we've got months and months of this misery to wallow in before the crushing blow of another 6th-8th type finish on signing day. Oh mighty Gator, dost thou lie so low? Are all thy conquests, glories, spoils, shrunk to this little measure? Oh woe. Woe and despair!

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Well, this is depressing. And just think, we've got months and months of this misery to wallow in before the crushing blow of another 6th-8th type finish on signing day. Oh mighty Gator, dost thou lie so low? Are all thy conquests, glories, spoils, shrunk to this little measure? Oh woe. Woe and despair!

Woohoo! What do u think it’s gonna take from our staff and facilities to get these guys? The 65 million we need to “fix” everything at least needed to get started...and as for staff I think we need 15-20 more “assistants” to focus on recruiting and some more support staff...this ain’t MSU and Mullen is gonna learn that if he hasn’t already...the only issue with all this is can we get the faculty on board?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thats exactly what I expect. Average at best. Not enough to ever be elite again.

I couldn't tell if he was being serious or sarcastic...but I was feeling he was being serious (that 6th to 8th was acceptable and those complaining about an 8th ranked class are nuts). I agree w/ you, it keeps us mostly average - if we land a dynamic QB, like a Tebow, then maybe we could have a 2 or 3 year run of being a top 4 team - but for the most part, landing 8th ranked classes puts us 5th or 6th in the SEC most years. I'm fine w an 8th or 6th ranked class every three or four years...but those other years need to be inside the top 5.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
There are definite ways to win and be elite with class rankings of 6-8. Stars do matter. As long as you recruit the LOS positions, on both sides of the ball, on par or better than your rivals, I believe a team will always compete well and be solid. But we ain't doing that either right now. Lots of time to close ... but we been giving up a lot of ground over the last month or so.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There are definite ways to win and be elite with class rankings of 6-8. Stars do matter. As long as you recruit the LOS positions, on both sides of the ball, on par or better than your rivals, I believe a team will always compete well and be solid. But we ain't doing that either right now. Lots of time to close ... but we been giving up a lot of ground over the last month or so.

I agree completely. But if we're getting 6 to 8...that means we likely have a 12 or lower here and there. That's not going to win championships in the long run. I think most of us are fine w/ the 6 to 8 ranked classes mostly, but we need a top 5 regularly and elite talent, especially at QB and LOS (our highest ranked OL was outside of the top 300, while Alabama, Tennessee, LSU, and UGA signed multiple inside the top 200, including several 5-stars).

Agree on the giving up ground over the last month part....we just had a well attended Junior Day and didn't land one commit out of it.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I think this year we need a top 5 class. I am not hung up on rankings like others are, but I do think they are very relevant. I just think its blurry between the teams who are next to each other because its all subjective numbers being assigned. I firmly believe if you keep your OL and DL stacked, then its like a multiplyer to your skilled positions' abilities. And the opposite is also true as well. But we still need to land skilled stars as well, but without the LOS ... kinda pointless. Its like Detroit and Barry Sanders. He aint known for winning championships ... he is known for breaking off incredible runs in no-win situations on every 20-25th attempt. All the other runs were him squeezing a few extra yards here and there because his LOS sucked. But a kid like Dorsey can have incredilbe stats and win some rings because his LOS is incredible.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn't tell if he was being serious or sarcastic...but I was feeling he was being serious (that 6th to 8th was acceptable and those complaining about an 8th ranked class are nuts). 5.
it's exactly what he's saying. The same people that said butters didn't need elite talent andwas going to coach him up are now saying that Mullins is going to coach them up.

it's just the same crap, wash rinse repeat.

to be fair the Mullins classes are more like muschimp, mediocre and horribly balanced, exactly the same on defense in that they are nothing but cornerbacks and Rush backers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.