Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
it's exactly what he's saying. The same people that said butters didn't need elite talent andwas going to coach him up are now saying that Mullins is going to coach them up.

it's just the same crap, wash rinse repeat.

to be fair the Mullins classes are more like muschimp, mediocre and horribly balanced, exactly the same on defense in that they are nothing but cornerbacks and Rush backers.

A couple of things by way of clarification. Firstly, I was being a smartass because NSD is so far out at this point that most of this "crap," as you put it, is largely speculation and getting too worked up about it at this point is fairly pointless. And because being a wise ass is what I do for giggles - duh. Secondly, you got me messed up with somebody else with the "Mac can coach 'em up crowd" jab. I didn't see the light quite as quickly as some, but I was never complimentary of McDooshy's recruiting or coaching, and have said so many times, at considerable length.

Also, since you chose to draw some comparisons to DM and the Momo Brothers, I'll opine that DM has made real progress in improving the roster, as well as the level of play of those he inherited from the previous regime. I firmly believe he is head and shoulders above the pair of ass clowns mentioned in your post - by any reasonable measure. Hence, comparing his recruiting, coaching, dancing or propensity for wearing socks to either McDilbert or the Chimp is your version of same old crap - wash, rinse, repeat.

None of which is to say that we aren't diminished in comparison to our former glory, or that there isn't a need for significant improvement - particularly in recruiting and facilities. But the blood-letting seems somewhat premature, at least for the moment. And I can't help wondering, with so much rancor so earlier on, if the fault lies not in our current coaching staff, but in ourselves?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Kelee Ringo, 5 Star from Cali, and his 7 on 7 team will visit Florida Friday. Multiple five stars on the team and Florida is the only school they are visiting on the trip.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kelee Ringo, 5 Star from Cali, and his 7 on 7 team will visit Florida Friday. Multiple five stars on the team and Florida is the only school they are visiting on the trip.

From Cali so it must be multiple 3 stars rights?

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Im afraid youre right, but I wish you were wrong.

We have many that are perfectly happy with 5- 3 in the SEC.
It was Foley's dream to win that meaningless Director's Cup -- that's what he has built towards and the school continues to maintain. While the SEC is being the SEC when it comes to sports, Foley wanted to be Stanford.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously, as long as you're good at yard darts and badminton you should be terrible at footballfoot still win the directors cup.

Ever seen Nick Saban with a directors cup trophy? think he cares?

do you think anyone other than Stanford and Florida give a rat's ass about a director's cup?

Our athletic department front office needs an enema, all of them gone.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Obviously, as long as you're good at yard darts and badminton you should be terrible at footballfoot still win the directors cup.

Ever seen Nick Saban with a directors cup trophy? think he cares?

do you think anyone other than Stanford and Florida give a rat's ass about a director's cup?

Our athletic department front office needs an enema, all of them gone.

I’ll say it like I have a thousand times the kids that want to go to UF that are football/sports fans are having a hard time getting in due to foreign student and out of state kids being priorities...why do you think student tickets are so off nowadays? Every other kid that goes to UF is East Asian middle eastern or Indian...this is leading to a downturn in interest for most sports not played on an international level...I won’t be surprised when our rugby and cricket teams are top notch though

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Yeah, the director's cup might make a nice spittoon, but other than that who gives a shytt. I'm right there with you guys as far as the frustration with Foley's follies are concerned. I'm so phukking happy that we finally have an actual HC and an AD who is not named Foley, that I'm giving my self permission to hope for better times to come. I'm just too damn old to stay mad about what that dipshytt did to UF FB, and too young to accept that we are permanently and irrevocably screwed. We are definitely not what we once were, but all is not lost - or so I choose to believe.

To paraphrase the immortal Winston Churchill: Lift up your hearts, all will come right. Through the depths of sorrow and sacrifice will again be born the glory that is Florida Football. I'm determined to stay positive if it kills me. And with the ways things have been going for the last decade or so, it just might. Go Gators!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UF offered RB Mike Drennen II, 2020 RB, ranked 142 nationally. 5'11", 190. Michigan and OSU are after him too. 31 offers.

Guess we're losing faith in getting Bowman, Lee, and Smith.

Michael Drennen II, 2020 All-purpose back - Rivals

If one of those three RB's is not in this class it will be a colossal failure. (I think we get two of that three - but Lord knows I've been wrong many, many times). I think the Lakeland three from 2019 put a lot of pressure on Bowman and he realizes UF is where he wants to be. I just wish he'd commit early to give some momentum. We've had FOUR de-commits from this class already. Hopefully we get another commit or two by the O&B game - I've seen speculation we may get AR back in the class real soon.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was Foley's dream to win that meaningless Director's Cup -- that's what he has built towards and the school continues to maintain. While the SEC is being the SEC when it comes to sports, Foley wanted to be Stanford.
Can we finish in the top five? Only time will tell!
We are clearly in the top 33!

It has been a rough winter up north and Creyer is gone. Just maybe.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
If one of those three RB's is not in this class it will be a colossal failure. (I think we get two of that three - but Lord knows I've been wrong many, many times). I think the Lakeland three from 2019 put a lot of pressure on Bowman and he realizes UF is where he wants to be. I just wish he'd commit early to give some momentum. We've had FOUR de-commits from this class already. Hopefully we get another commit or two by the O&B game - I've seen speculation we may get AR back in the class real soon.

All fingers crossed! If we got one I'd be OK. If that one is Bowman, I'd be ecstatic. The other two are really good but Bowman is clearly special. Getting AR back on board wouldn't suck either. We need to reverse the current mojo - bigtime. The last 6 weeks or so have been somewhat less than delightful. I'm particularly interested in seeing if the California kids that are reported to be coming for visits this Spring are real 5 star type prospects, and if they are really interested in UF.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
All fingers crossed! If we got one I'd be OK. If that one is Bowman, I'd be ecstatic. The other two are really good but Bowman is clearly special. Getting AR back on board wouldn't suck either. We need to reverse the current mojo - bigtime. The last 6 weeks or so have been somewhat less than delightful. I'm particularly interested in seeing if the California kids that are reported to be coming for visits this Spring are real 5 star type prospects, and if they are really interested in UF.
Careful! Swonk gets triggered whenever some mentions the words "California" and "5 star" in a post (unless, of course, it's negative).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Pretty impressive visitors list this weekend:

2020 kids:

5-star CB Kelee Ringo (from Arizona)
5-star QB Bryce Young (USC commit, #1 DT QB, from Cali)
5-star OLB Sav'ell Smalls (from Washington state)
4-star RB Sam Adams (from Washington state)
4-star WR Jalen McMillan (from California)

2021 kids:

DT J.T. Tuimoloau (from Washington state)
CB Steven Ortiz (from Arizona)
QB Sam Huard (from Washington state) - uncle is Brock, dad is Damon
WR Jabez Tinae (Washington state)
LB Julien Simon (Washington state)

(a few others expected, I'll keep checking twitter, etc)

leogator

May 5, 2018
I’ll say it like I have a thousand times the kids that want to go to UF that are football/sports fans are having a hard time getting in due to foreign student and out of state kids being priorities...why do you think student tickets are so off nowadays? Every other kid that goes to UF is East Asian middle eastern or Indian...this is leading to a downturn in interest for most sports not played on an international level...I won’t be surprised when our rugby and cricket teams are top notch though
The state reduced the $$$ it pays for instate kids. Foreign students and out of state kids pay full price. Also research grants pay for professors salaries so the state cuts for education did not hurt as bad. Of course undergraduate education suffers. But our ranking keeps getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator