Gator Baseball 2021 Gators Baseball Season

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well I was out there and nothing could have been more obvious than watching South Alabama get more hits with 2 strikes by just hitting the ball where pitched and getting the bat on ball. Sure they found some "good" spots but that happens when you put the ball in play. Sully having success anywhere is directly tied to the individual talent he gets. b/c Sully will not outcoach or out fundamental anyone. I watched USF and USA teams have a better understanding of the basic ABC's of baseball over us by a mile. And why would a program considered to be top 3 overall hire a guy in Brad Wilkerson who has NEVER been a head coach. UF baseball could possibly get anyone but about 10 school's coach, yet the clamor will be for a guy because: He played here, he was a great player here, he picked his nose here and he knows the area. HORSESHYT. Talk to guys who went to non baseball school and put it on the map. Talk to guy like at Tinerc and made it a contender in no time from total garbage. And guys want to hire an asst. coach from Jaxsonville St. Penitentiary and College to be the head baseball coach at UF,

BTW they need to keep the mercy rule in the NCAA tourney and I agree with many than when the delay came, UF said have offered an offical forfeit.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Well I was out there and nothing could have been more obvious than watching South Alabama get more hits with 2 strikes by just hitting the ball where pitched and getting the bat on ball. Sure they found some "good" spots but that happens when you put the ball in play. Sully having success anywhere is directly tied to the individual talent he gets. b/c Sully will not outcoach or out fundamental anyone. I watched USF and USA teams have a better understanding of the basic ABC's of baseball over us by a mile. And why would a program considered to be top 3 overall hire a guy in Brad Wilkerson who has NEVER been a head coach. UF baseball could possibly get anyone but about 10 school's coach, yet the clamor will be for a guy because: He played here, he was a great player here, he picked his nose here and he knows the area. HORSESHYT. Talk to guys who went to non baseball school and put it on the map. Talk to guy like at Tinerc and made it a contender in no time from total garbage. And guys want to hire an asst. coach from Jaxsonville St. Penitentiary and College to be the head baseball coach at UF,

BTW they need to keep the mercy rule in the NCAA tourney and I agree with many than when the delay came, UF said have offered an offical forfeit.

Wilkerson would be L o L

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
Dig at me..thats precious. Look at Wilkersons credentials tool boy. And go.put the ****ing lotion in the basket!!!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Dig at me..thats precious. Look at Wilkersons credentials tool boy. And go.put the ****ing lotion in the basket!!!

I know his resume. Great player at UF Played in MLB. Played high school ball in KY. Current asst. coach at Jax State college for basket weaving and I don;t think they show that they are a small school powerhouse. So what about that resume makes him a top candidate for a top 3 college baseball job?

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
Was Sullys resume any better? Come on man
I know his resume. Great player at UF Played in MLB. Played high school ball in KY. Current asst. coach at Jax State college for basket weaving and I don;t think they show that they are a small school powerhouse. So what about that resume makes him a top candidate for a top 3 college baseball job?

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
Left out coaching Team USA...convenient.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Was Sullys resume any better? Come on man

Yes. Sully was a successful assistant at a top division 1 school and had been under consideration for other good head coaching jobs. I love Wilkerson but being a great Gator doesn't make him a great coach. I don't expect him to be in serious consideration for this job.

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
Top "assistant "....why is his resume better than Wilkerson?
Yes. Sully was a successful assistant at a top division 1 school and had been under consideration for other good head coaching jobs. I love Wilkerson but being a great Gator doesn't make him a great coach. I don't expect him to be in serious consideration for this job.

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
Almost sounds like Brian Snitker. Coached under a legendary Bobby Cox but what's he's done beyond one great season?
He coached under Hall of Fame coach Jack Leggett at Clemson for 9 seasons. That is an exponentially better resume.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who’s up for a good time? Go back to read this thread from OP to about page 5. :lmao2:

I bet Puk is still fresh.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Done great at Vanderbilt...considering that's where all their athletic $$$ goes...

The Michigan head coach that lost to Vandy in finals at Omaha coached under Leggett too. You are welcome to your own opinion. Disagreeing with me really does not hurt my feelings.

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
Well being pessimistic against a GREAT Gator and friend does aggravate me...
The Michigan head coach that lost to Vandy in finals at Omaha coached under Leggett too. You are welcome to your own opinion. Disagreeing with me really does not hurt my feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator