Recruiting 2021 Recruiting: NSD Probably falling outside top 10

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
You got me curious. The last blocked punt I could find was by James Houston against Colorado State in 2018. The last blocked FG I could find was by Adam Shuler last season against Towson.
Thanks for looking that up. I probably should have said "last blocked kick in a real game"! Lol.
I guess Meyers emphasis on special teams being a weapon didn't rub off on Mullen.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Thanks for looking that up. I probably should have said "last blocked kick in a real game"! Lol.
I guess Meyers emphasis on special teams being a weapon didn't rub off on Mullen.
It was surprisingly difficult to find. I think you have to go back quite a bit to find the last one in an SEC or FSU game.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This kid is much better than Strickland. Makes no sense that he wasn't offered prior to Strickland.

Don’t kill the messenger. :backout:

But, seriously, the staff really likes Strickland’s athleticism and strength. Some guys don’t play strong. Strickland does. However, he is incredibly raw. You won’t be seeing him for a while. That’s the staff’s take.

Mine? He plays with strength. He’s a dirty player. But, man he looks like he is moving in slow motion. I think the Andrew Mike comparisons are accurate.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Don’t kill the messenger. :backout:

But, seriously, the staff really likes Strickland’s athleticism and strength. Some guys don’t play strong. Strickland does. However, he is incredibly raw. You won’t be seeing him for a while. That’s the staff’s take.

Mine? He plays with strength. He’s a dirty player. But, man he looks like he is moving in slow motion. I think the Andrew Mike comparisons are accurate.

No matter how much "upside" he has, a UF - who has aspirations of competing for the SEC championship and playoffs - should never take a kid like this. It's a bad take and it was made in desperation.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
No matter how much "upside" he has, a UF - who has aspirations of competing for the SEC championship and playoffs - should never take a kid like this. It's a bad take and it was made in desperation.

Agree. Even if he turned out to be a good player, he’s a guard. No way he plays tackle. So, again, where are the tackles? Does this staff think anyone can play tackle? We are recruiting Yousef Mugharbil to play tackle. But, that is debatable. Some staffs think he is a guard. Hev seems to have Granthamitis. Choker wants all 230 pound DEs. Hev wants all guards on the o-line.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
4 tackles and 1 sack on the season screams game changer
Jeremiah Moon Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

Houston isn't doing much better
James Houston IV Stats, News, Bio | ESPN
well as for Houston I've just noticed him around the ball a lot more and making better reads.

on that first play versus Georgia he seemed to be the only linebacker whe even read it. Moon got swallowed up bc he isnt even close to being strong enough to set the edge. I don't know who the other linebacker was (probably Miler) but he went to the left for some reason. Miller's usually pretty sound. Of course with Grantham maybe it was some sort of run blitz, and Grantham gambled and lost.

Last edited:

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018

Remember when y’all said that about Nayquan Ethan White and Trask...me too

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator