Gator Baseball 2022 Gator Baseball

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
LOL, what exactly did that say about swing plane? Is their common bond studying hitting or "getting a good ball to hit? Those are shared by every hitter that's ever played the game, genius. But thanks for the clip, Jerry Coleman mentioning that Williams (upward swing plane) hit for power and average while Gwynn (flatter swing plane) only hit for average further proves my point. Keep up the great work!

Like Gwynn, Williams never a won a World Series and only played one.
Wasn't that your knock on Gwynn dumb ass?

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Baseball Almanac 2022: Baseball History, Baseball Records and Baseball Research.
Baseball Almanac - Wikipedia
https://twitter.com/BaseballAlmanac?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
Amazon product
BW Baseball Online Almanac

You really don't have a clue what you are talking about you brilliant, infallible statistician who has never coached a single at bat much less a full game. Glad you have the money to get proper coaching for the boy, bet his HS coaches love you Buff!

You got me, I had no idea there is a baseball almanac. But since I don't have a clue, what else have I gotten wrong? Did I say, for example, that catching a fly ball is a one step process, ignoring a hop or drop step, angle to the ball, how to deal with the sun/lights, etc? Or do you think they always hit it where your OF's are standing? Why do I get the feeling the extent of your OF coaching was, "catch the ball with two hands?" I bet you taught your kids to run with their glove up in the catching position, huh, high school joe. Did I say, for example, that bunting is the only option when you have runners on 1sst and 2nd with none out? I've got it, it must have been when I said to hit the ball on the ground because, well, everyone wants to have half the average they could have if they hit the ball in the air...

No, I've never coached a team other than a couple of years of my kid's travel team, but his coach asked me to work with his backup catchers after my kid pulled his hammy this year. Does that count. Yeah, he can't stand me...

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Wasn't that your knock on Gwynn dumb ass?

You posted a video on swing plane/launch angle, how the fuch am I supposed to know you're talking about not winning a title when you never actually mentioned it. I thought we were still on the swing plane debate, I can't keep it all straight after all the times you've moved the goal posts after I exposed your ignorance. Did you ask Dante about his boy's upward swing plane yet...

It wasn't a knock on Gwynn so much as a plus for Jackson, and it was only one of many criteria, ya stupid fuch. We get it, you prefer Gwynn. No problem with that, he was a great hitter and this is certainly subjective. As I've said about a dozen times, I value Reggie's HR's, runs, RBI's, walks, WAR, OPS, MVP's, and yes, championships over Gwynn's singles and lack of K's. But it's fuching hysterical that, after you think you finally got me with the Bichette video, you immediately pivot back to Gwynn vs Jackson when I pointed out Bichette's boy has an upward swing plane.

Still waiting for that quote, dumb ass...

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
You got me, I had no idea there is a baseball almanac. But since I don't have a clue, what else have I gotten wrong? Did I say, for example, that catching a fly ball is a one step process, ignoring a hop or drop step, angle to the ball, how to deal with the sun/lights, etc? Or do you think they always hit it where your OF's are standing? Why do I get the feeling the extent of your OF coaching was, "catch the ball with two hands?" I bet you taught your kids to run with their glove up in the catching position, huh, high school joe. Did I say, for example, that bunting is the only option when you have runners on 1sst and 2nd with none out? I've got it, it must have been when I said to hit the ball on the ground because, well, everyone wants to have half the average they could have if they hit the ball in the air...

No, I've never coached a team other than a couple of years of my kid's travel team, but his coach asked me to work with his backup catchers after my kid pulled his hammy this year. Does that count. Yeah, he can't stand me...
You really do suffer from insecurities Buffy. Get some help and get over the incessant whining. Just because others don't value your opinion as fact doesn't mean you need to go on for pages repeating the same opinion.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
You posted a video on swing plane/launch angle, how the fuch am I supposed to know you're talking about not winning a title when you never actually mentioned it. I thought we were still on the swing plane debate, I can't keep it all straight after all the times you've moved the goal posts after I exposed your ignorance. Did you ask Dante about his boy's upward swing plane yet...

It wasn't a knock on Gwynn so much as a plus for Jackson, and it was only one of many criteria, ya stupid fuch. We get it, you prefer Gwynn. No problem with that, he was a great hitter and this is certainly subjective. As I've said about a dozen times, I value Reggie's HR's, runs, RBI's, walks, WAR, OPS, MVP's, and yes, championships over Gwynn's singles and lack of K's. But it's fuching hysterical that, after you think you finally got me with the Bichette video, you immediately pivot back to Gwynn vs Jackson when I pointed out Bichette's boy has an upward swing plane.

Still waiting for that quote, dumb ass...
You have a problem with keeping up with all the BS you've said. You were the one that used not winning a title against the Jackson/Gwynn argument and you want me to remind you ,which I actually did TWICE. I don't care what kind of swing plane "Bichette's boy" has. I posted Dante's explanation because it made so much sense to the person actually able to think as opposed to waiting for someone to feed you your confirmation bias. Players can choose whatever swing play they want but at the end of the day being able to control the barrel is more important the swing up at the ball all the time. You can continue with you're ranting but I'm am done with you on this issue.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018

Is this what your calling and upward swing pattern?

Or this

Last edited:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I get so fuqing tired of watching righties throw breaking balls right into the swing plane of great L handed batters. It 2 seamers and change ups on the outside part of the plate. Who called that shyt....GWB?

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Only thing better than giving a walkoff the night before is putting the same GD reliever back in to lose it again the next night. Sully needs to turn the pitching reigns over to somebody else and get the fuq out the way.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
7 hits, 4 HRs and 3 by one guy not enough to overcome 11 hits and ****ty closers. Launch angle loses out to solid pitching and a level swing and a bit of a small balling to get that security run. In others words, executing all aspects of the game.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
@Bullag8r , Craig Bell strikes again in the 3rd base coaching box. He was always shyt over there and thus he was let go, so Sully brings him back and he shows what a complete moron he is sending the catcher home trying to leg out a misplayed fly ball in left field for an inside the park home run. Left Fielder got to the ball before BT reached 3rd base. Meanwhile LF is short at Vandy and there was only one out. BT was out by 30 feet!

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
After giving up 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th to tie it, the Gators got a homer from D. Fabian in the top of the 10th and made it hold up for the win.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Team is tight, expecting the worst and can't put teams away in the last 2-3 innings partly due to the mental part of this game. I could go on about what I see but it's mostly from the mound with the occasional error, wild throw..what have you. No trust in the BP whatsoever and rightly so.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
@Bullag8r , Craig Bell strikes again in the 3rd base coaching box. He was always shyt over there and thus he was let go, so Sully brings him back and he shows what a complete moron he is sending the catcher home trying to leg out a misplayed fly ball in left field for an inside the park home run. Left Fielder got to the ball before BT reached 3rd base. Meanwhile LF is short at Vandy and there was only one out. BT was out by 30 feet!

Maybe Sully just wants to get him out of the dugout. He certainly can't be the best third base coach on staff

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
3-3 in our last 6 games, next 2 SEC series are Tenn and UK so the season could very QUICKLY get away from us if we go 0-6 vs them and be looking at a 23-18 record and 6-15 in the SEC and OUT of any kind of regional and looking for a new coach as Sully jumps ship for a new beginning like he flirted with last season.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
3-3 in our last 6 games, next 2 SEC series are Tenn and UK so the season could very QUICKLY get away from us if we go 0-6 vs them and be looking at a 23-18 record and 6-15 in the SEC and OUT of any kind of regional and looking for a new coach as Sully jumps ship for a new beginning like he flirted with last season.
That's happening as we speak.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Ahead in all three games vs VU and had to go to 10 to win one. Saving a sweep is for the birds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator