Gator Baseball 2022 Gator Baseball

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So he sends the runner on a tag with 2 outs on a shallow line drive that the CF is closing in on but not on the line drive base hit when the runner is in full sprint rounding 3rd? Bell is indeed a baseball idiot. Even if he is out you still have a runner on 3rd and 2 outs.

The fact that Bell sent him on the fly ball proved that Bell knew he screwed up and he doubled down by sending him when he shouldn’t have. We were fortunate to have the catcher drop the ball.

I love the fight in this team but weak links like Bell are the reason that the program has leveled off recently.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Like him or dislike him, but didn't Ben McDonald say he would have injured his rotator cuff on that particular play where Craig Bell showed his incompetence, b/c he would have been wildly swinging his arm sending the runner home?

Indeed he did and you could tell everyone else in the park was in shocked disbelief that Bell stopped Evans. Bell may be the best assistant baseball coach in the universe. I do not know. But Sully's gotta take him off of 3rd base ~ permanently!! Bell has been personally responsible for losing dozens of games over the past 15+/- years

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Weather delay looks lengthy. The Gators are the 3rd game of the day; so, if Game 4 started right now (they say 1st pitch will be at 12:45), the Gators in Game 6 probably would not start until 8:00. The part about Game 4 starting anytime soon is very speculative, but the tarp is coming off the field.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Play has started, they are in the second inning.

There will likely be more than two games played Friday due to weather delays.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Perhaps our game will start by 10pm? How difficult would it be to do the smart thing and make it all single elimination after the Barn-Kintuck game? Sure it gives the lesser teams probably a greater chance to win the tourney and since we are one of the lesser teams that is good for us. It also makes the tourney much more exciting and each game very meaningful. Then the selection committee can weigh the change in the format on Monday.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
10:30am tomorrow
currently in another weather delay. 20+ years ago my son's American Legion team was in the Florida State playoff's in Homestead in August. Rain delays was a given. The event organizers had alternate venues (HS ball fields) lined up for when there was rain or lightning at the primary fields. For several days we would go from field to field sometimes during the game to get everything in as scheduled. They won't do anything like this here for one reason. TV money, controls everything. Single elimination is the only way to complete this event within allotted time frame.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
currently in another weather delay. 20+ years ago my son's American Legion team was in the Florida State playoff's in Homestead in August. Rain delays was a given. The event organizers had alternate venues (HS ball fields) lined up for when there was rain or lightning at the primary fields. For several days we would go from field to field sometimes during the game to get everything in as scheduled. They won't do anything like this here for one reason. TV money, controls everything. Single elimination is the only way to complete this event within allotted time frame.

As of now that is not an option b/c they chose not to make that call prior to starting the double elim. round with the Bama-Ark game. Complete morons. If they change it now then Ark goes home thinking they were still playing?

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
As of now that is not an option b/c they chose not to make that call prior to starting the double elim. round with the Bama-Ark game. Complete morons. If they change it now then Ark goes home thinking they were still playing?
Yeah I know! Then cancel the tournament and let them all go home. The NCAA tournament starts a week from tomorrow there isn't a single HC in this exhibition tournament that will burn out their pitching staff to try and win the exhibition. If they took a vote today all but Alabama would vote to go home and get ready for the following weekend since all remaining teams are NCAA bound.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I know! Then cancel the tournament and let them all go home. The NCAA tournament starts a week from tomorrow there isn't a single HC in this exhibition tournament that will burn out their pitching staff to try and win the exhibition. If they took a vote today all but Alabama would vote to go home and get ready for the following weekend since all remaining teams are NCAA bound.

I agree that they should pull the plug on this farce today. There’s nothing truly meaningful at stake and the results could hurt the teams that will be forced to play multiple games each day in order to have any chance to finish it up.

This is another example of the old school thinking in the SEC that continues to hinder progress.

Why is the tournament in Hoover?

How many consecutive years must weather destroy the tournament before they consider options?

The basketball tournament is being rotated around the conference, why not the baseball tournament?

It’s been sunny and warm in Gainesville all week and we have a facility that is better than the one in Hoover and several other conference schools can say the same thing.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So I put gator baseball tweeter into my search engine b/c I don;t tweeter and was looking for info. Says todays start time TBD and will keep you updated. Well that was over 5 hours ago and no update. Reason # 6 million why we have the worst Ath. Admin in the SEC.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
So I put gator baseball tweeter into my search engine b/c I don;t tweeter and was looking for info. Says todays start time TBD and will keep you updated. Well that was over 5 hours ago and no update. Reason # 6 million why we have the worst Ath. Admin in the SEC.
Don't need to update when their is nothing to report. weather channel shows high probability of rain in Hoover until later tonight. Just cancel it and send em home!

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
It's absolutely nasty down here in NW Florida. Sounds like BHAM is getting some of the same stuff. If it's anything like what we're getting here, no way it's played.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Don't need to update when their is nothing to report. weather channel shows high probability of rain in Hoover until later tonight. Just cancel it and send em home!

Okay. Then why would the official gator baseball tweeter page say they will update. Clearly the Ath Dept pays by the letter typed therefore they are looking to save. We are an embarrassment in so many ways.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
3:30pm? They have 4 games scheduled again today? Just cancel the fkking tourney. all 6 of us are watching the games if that many.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Okay. Then why would the official gator baseball tweeter page say they will update. Clearly the Ath Dept pays by the letter typed therefore they are looking to save. We are an embarrassment in so many ways.
Well if the update to "in a weather delay" is "Still in a weather delay" what do you want a personal call from Strictlin saying what? C'mon man!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
No actually I want Strichnine to quit for his total ineptitude that really has nothing to do with baseball other than wasting a couple hundred million on a stadium that was not needed. Strichnine has made worse mistakes during his tenure at UF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.