2022 Girls Softball

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Right now. About to close out the regional against Wisconsin.

I think we need three outs to run rule them.

BTW, VT beat UK and their rubber match for the regional is delayed currently.
Thanks. Finally found the scores on ESPN. Looks like Oklahoma is the real deal.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Gators advance while the Evil Nole, Bammer, UT, and UGA all go home to lick each other off all offseason.

Somewhat a downer for the SEC, only 3 of the final 16 left in the tournament after having 9 teams ranked in the final Top 25 poll last week.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
More from the article linked above:

Patrick Murphy
impatiently went back to little ball. After Ally Shipman was hit by a pitch to start the second inning, hot-hitting Jenna Lord was asked to sacrifice bunt which she did successfully. But Kaylee Tow grounded out and Megan Bloodworth struck out. I’m not crazy about taking the bat out of the hands of the team’s hottest hitter just to move a runner over to second for Tow and Bloodworth. Thanks, Gut®.

After zeroes upon zeroes, Fouts finally broke down in the sixth inning. The Cardinal got a pair of singles followed by a ground out that moved the runners up a base. Almost every time in a situation like this, The Gut® walks the next batter, but he did not in this instance. The next batter hit a deep doubled to center that knocked in two runners and that was all it took. Dallis Goodnight almost made an amazing Willie Mays-like catch on the play but it ticked off her glove.

I do miss not having a Stacey Nelson, Lauren Hager or a Hannah Rodgers type pitcher on our team, but a single horse can only pull a small wagon. To pull a large coach, you need a team of horses.

I don't really expect a WCWS trophy for the Gators this year, but I believe VPI can be beaten and the Lady Gators are capable of doing so.

Oklahoma dropped 20 on aTm in a run rule victory, the most ever scored in the a NCAA tournament game.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't really expect a WCWS trophy for the Gators this year, but I believe VPI can be beaten and the Lady Gators are capable of doing so.

Oklahoma dropped 20 on aTm in a run rule victory, the most ever scored in the a NCAA tournament game.
We don't have consist batting this year.

TAM lost Okla 3-2 in their 1st game but the magic ran out.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
More from the article linked above:

Patrick Murphy
impatiently went back to little ball. After Ally Shipman was hit by a pitch to start the second inning, hot-hitting Jenna Lord was asked to sacrifice bunt which she did successfully. But Kaylee Tow grounded out and Megan Bloodworth struck out. I’m not crazy about taking the bat out of the hands of the team’s hottest hitter just to move a runner over to second for Tow and Bloodworth. Thanks, Gut.

After zeroes upon zeroes, Fouts finally broke down in the sixth inning. The Cardinal got a pair of singles followed by a ground out that moved the runners up a base. Almost every time in a situation like this, The Gut walks the next batter, but he did not in this instance. The next batter hit a deep doubled to center that knocked in two runners and that was all it took. Dallis Goodnight almost made an amazing Willie Mays-like catch on the play but it ticked off her glove.

I do miss not having a Stacey Nelson, Lauren Hager or a Hannah Rodgers type pitcher on our team, but a single horse can only pull a small wagon. To pull a large coach, you need a team of horses.

Excuse my ignorance but what is with the reference to Murphy as “The GUT” throughout the article?

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I know some of youse guys aren't fans of coach Walton, but I just heard that the Lady Gators have been in the national playoffs every year he has coached. Could that be true?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Montana Fouts still has a nice ass though.

Agree to disagree.

iu

Alex.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know some of youse guys aren't fans of coach Walton, but I just heard that the Lady Gators have been in the national playoffs every year he has coached. Could that be true?
True 2006 - 2022 Florida played in a regional game, WCWS in years 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, WCWS titles in 2014 & 2015 and runner-up in 3 other years.......No WCWS in 2020 because of Covid. But he lost 2 great assistant coaches 1 to Oklahoma and 1 to Oklahoma State.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.