Recruiting 2022 Post-ESD Recruiting Thread: 4* DE Jack Pyburn commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Did Benjamin Franklin Want the National Bird To Be A Turkey?

Franklin wrote that the “Bald Eagle...is a Bird of bad moral Character. He does not get his Living honestly…[he] is too lazy to fish for himself.”

When I lived in Wisconsin, I would frequently see both eagles and turkeys scavenging in the manure the dairy farmers spread on their crop lands in the early spring. Hungry birds gotta do what ever it takes to survive.

ive seen them chase down Ospreys that have caught a fish until the Osprey drops the fish then go pick up the fish.
So Franklin was spot on.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think you're reading too much into the Deion thing. That was just too perfect of a situation. I Deion had been coaching at a small school in Texas and Hunter was committed to USC, you may not see any deal at all let alone one involving Deion. Portnoy wanted to make a splash on ESD and parody the whole deal. The process, the coverage, everything. What made it so grand was the #1 HS player bailing on a school that he had emphatically shown support for, to go to 1) an HBCU who is 2) coached by perhaps the best player to come out of the school he is bailing. The fact that Deion is a media whore is just extra gravy on the steamy pile of a sh!tshow it was.

And for the record, it was bad for college football. I do feel bad for FSU, in the fact that it was a BS thing to happen. I'm glad that it happened to them and not someone else, but still just crap. And it will open the door to schools like Texas and A&M doing really well, because most people do not fathom the money floating in Texas and Oklahoma.
Change. The established lazy never like it! ;)

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I like it, but -- gee -- we are shut out of Florida so we have to scavenge Bama. Thanks, Dan.

I think with ESD over its a matter of going after anyone left not signed worth signing versus putting a fence around Florida. Im not a huge recruitnik so I dont know what LBs are left unsigned in Florida though. Its refreshing to see us going after actual LBs and seeing a coach actually recognize our roster doesn't have any.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
ive seen them chase down Ospreys that have caught a fish until the Osprey drops the fish then go pick up the fish.
So Franklin was spot on.

In Valdez, Alaska I've seen eagles swoop down and pluck fish from open water so they are certainly capable hunters.

Locally on the other hand, my wife and I were surprised to see an eagle perched atop a roof amidst a flock of buzzards awaiting their turn at decaying meat spewed from overfilled and overturned garbage cans.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I think you're reading too much into the Deion thing. That was just too perfect of a situation. I Deion had been coaching at a small school in Texas and Hunter was committed to USC, you may not see any deal at all let alone one involving Deion. Portnoy wanted to make a splash on ESD and parody the whole deal. The process, the coverage, everything. What made it so grand was the #1 HS player bailing on a school that he had emphatically shown support for, to go to 1) an HBCU who is 2) coached by perhaps the best player to come out of the school he is bailing. The fact that Deion is a media whore is just extra gravy on the steamy pile of a sh!tshow it was.

And for the record, it was bad for college football. I do feel bad for FSU, in the fact that it was a BS thing to happen. I'm glad that it happened to them and not someone else, but still just crap. And it will open the door to schools like Texas and A&M doing really well, because most people do not fathom the money floating in Texas and Oklahoma.
I actually agree with most everything you said, except this: "I do feel bad for FSU" What's the matter with you? Eff them. Any more signs of this kind of weakness and we may have to insist you get banned or at the very minimum sent to Ox's re-education camp.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
In Valdez, Alaska I've seen eagles swoop down and pluck fish from open water so they are certainly capable hunters.

Locally on the other hand, my wife and I were surprised to see an eagle perched atop a roof amidst a flock of buzzards awaiting their turn at decaying meat spewed from overfilled and overturned garbage cans.

I watched eagles around Lake Okeechobee and nearby canals take large Gar fish (4' +) and take them to their nest. Eagles are opportunistic and eat what is available ~ alive or dead

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I watched eagles around Lake Okeechobee and nearby canals take large Gar fish (4' +) and take them to their nest. Eagles are opportunistic and eat what is available ~ alive or dead
Reelfoot Lake in NW Tennessee has large population of Bald Eagles (one of the largest away from the coasts in the US). I've seen them take some decent sized fish out of there. I think opportunistic is the right word. They'll hunt if they have too, but they'll happily steal instead.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Lizardboy is apparently very triggered by me. Probably has something to do with me porking his mom last night. :grin:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I think with ESD over its a matter of going after anyone left not signed worth signing versus putting a fence around Florida. Im not a huge recruitnik so I dont know what LBs are left unsigned in Florida though. Its refreshing to see us going after actual LBs and seeing a coach actually recognize our roster doesn't have any.
If you look at our roster we have a bunch of "LBs" listed at +230lbs. Why they can't play the position is beyond my expertise. It probably has to do with mullen's staff habitually inaccurate evaluations and that our LB coach is not a great teacher. I wish they would let that kid go. Only one of our LBs was a top tackler last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.