Recruiting 2022 Post-ESD Recruiting Thread: 4* DE Jack Pyburn commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I watched eagles around Lake Okeechobee and nearby canals take large Gar fish (4' +) and take them to their nest. Eagles are opportunistic and eat what is available ~ alive or dead

I was at Lake Okeechobee over the weekend (drove from St. Pete to Jupiter for a wedding). I've never been there ever, and have lived in Florida for over 35 years. Anyhow, it was really neat - a little run down, but there were some nice looking spots. We stopped at the VFW, which is one of the nicest VFW's I've ever been to.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If you look at our roster we have a bunch of "LBs" listed at +230lbs. Why they can't play the position is beyond my expertise. It probably has to do with mullen's staff habitually inaccurate evaluations and that our LB coach is not a great teacher. I wish they would let that kid go. Only one of our LBs was a top tackler last season.

Todd Grantham's defense was quite literally a cluster f*ck, and that's putting it mildly. He thought he was so smart, so cute w/ his blitz "schemes" and "packages". It was such a Charlie Foxtrot that nobody knew WTF they were supposed to do, from the DT's all the way back to the secondary. I've never seen anything like it. The breakdown podcast did a great job of exposing the lunacy of it all. I think we have some very talented players on our defense, they just need to be coached up properly. This is the reason I think we see Diabate return - he was intent on transferring to go somewhere and be coached. He'll get that now.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Todd Grantham's defense was quite literally a cluster f*ck, and that's putting it mildly. He thought he was so smart, so cute w/ his blitz "schemes" and "packages". It was such a Charlie Foxtrot that nobody knew WTF they were supposed to do, from the DT's all the way back to the secondary. I've never seen anything like it. The breakdown podcast did a great job of exposing the lunacy of it all. I think we have some very talented players on our defense, they just need to be coached up properly. This is the reason I think we see Diabate return - he was intent on transferring to go somewhere and be coached. He'll get that now.

That would be nice

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Just look how much more effective it was when they stopped the exotic blitzes and just ran basic coverages for 3 quarters against Bama and after Joe Exotic left.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I actually agree with most everything you said, except this: "I do feel bad for FSU" What's the matter with you? Eff them. Any more signs of this kind of weakness and we may have to insist you get banned or at the very minimum sent to Ox's re-education camp.
:blahblah2:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly! I’m no X’s and O’s guy but, when you routinely see guys sprinting 30 yards across the field in an attempt to cover someone it’s fairly obvious the scheme is the primary issue. I hated that fuchsing guy before, during and after we hired him.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Exactly! I’m no X’s and O’s guy but, when you routinely see guys sprinting 30 yards across the field in an attempt to cover someone it’s fairly obvious the scheme is the primary issue. I hated that fuchsing guy before, during and after we hired him.

Totally Agree...Grantham was too smart DRUNK for his own good.

The defense needs to react quickly to...not out guess... the offense.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Totally Agree...Grantham was too smart DRUNK for his own good.

The defense needs to react quickly to...not out guess... the offense.
I like the occasional off the wall blitz. I think it’s absolutely insane to run plays that put your players in a position to fail 50% of the time. That’s Grantham.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLDR

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Being reported Robbie Roper died durning surgery on shoulder,sad news for sure.
Tweet taken down as soon as I posted this sorry for misinformation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.