Status
Not open for further replies.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Shemar James already signed on ESD?

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I'm with Ox, if a top recruit wants to sign somewhere else it is nice if its so far beneath us it can't come back to hurt us.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The way things are now, who really knows. They can make money now if someone is willing to pay them to play at Podunk U, then change their minds in two and get paid to go to one of the big boys.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The way things are now, who really knows. They can make money now if someone is willing to pay them to play at Podunk U, then change their minds in two and get paid to go to one of the big boys.
It shows the immaturity of these kids they are selling themselves short for what would be chump change compared to what they could have in the NFL. They are jeopardizing their potential draft status for a quick buck.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Just feels like we getting trolled here...but...the self proclaimed 'insider' on TOS says his mother loves UF, uncle wants him to go to LSU and UF is waiting to counter offer whatever aTm reoffers him. Plus the whole JSU barstool thingy.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Just feels like we getting trolled here...

Considering how often that happened with the last two staffs I understand the feeling. I’d be surprised if that is what was happening here. This kid doesn’t come off like a troll. This kids seems more like a Chad Johnson or Deion Sanders type. He is all about self promotion so he can get the best deal for himself and his family.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Considering how often that happened with the last two staffs I understand the feeling. I’d be surprised if that is what was happening here. This kid doesn’t come off like a troll. This kids seems more like a Chad Johnson or Deion Sanders type. He is all about self promotion so he can get the best deal for himself and his family.

I just dont trust anything these 'insiders' say because way more times than not they end up being wrong with a lengthy explanation about why they were wrong afterwards. There are a lot of realistic outcomes to this story and one very realistic outcome is he is just milking aTm for everything he can get out of them before going there. We will find out in a few weeks though.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Most will never make the NFL so they can use the cash now to start a local business

uhhuh-dwight.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It would be absolutely astounding if UF was able to outbid these other schools to get Perkins. Completely the opposite of what we're used to. I cannot see it happening.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
It would be absolutely astounding if UF was able to outbid these other schools to get Perkins. Completely the opposite of what we're used to. I cannot see it happening.
In the not so distance past if we talked about outbidding for a recruit it was called cheating now it's just business as usual. Gonna take some time to reinvent our minds to understand this recruiting process. Got a reeducation camp for that Ox?

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
And wrong on so many levels. NIL is 90% of the way to destroying college football. Basketball too, probably.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I agree it's awful, but that's the way it is. Without NIL, I think Perkins would be a Gator for sure. If money is all he's after, he'll be able to find more, even if it's with Deion at JSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator