Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nah, read the pic he made. He’s forgoing the rest of his senior year to concentrate on picking a school....esssentially
Is this true?

So by "foregoing" you mean "quit" right.?. Because foregoing is just a nice way of saying quit. I know he's an elite talent and all... but do we really want a guy who quit on his team???

How many 5* players just up and quit halfway through the season to focus on "recruiting"? To me, this just reeks of selfishness. That's a future locker room cancer waiting to happen.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Its kinda mind boggling but at the same time I kinda get it as well. Now that there is $ to be made at the next level it seems like it can make some sense. I wonder if this means he has already been contacted by potential investors for his NIL? I wonder if it means he has pretty much made up his mind where he is going because of that too. If so, probably means he aint coming here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is this true?

So by "foregoing" you mean "quit" right.?. Because foregoing is just a nice way of saying quit. I know he's an elite talent and all... but do we really want a guy who quit on his team???
Like... all of our transfers? Two quit mid- camp.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Alabama lands 4-star (top 100) OT from Georgia - the rich get richer:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is this true?

How many 5* players just up and quit halfway through the season to focus on "recruiting"? To me, this just reeks of selfishness. That's a future locker room cancer waiting to happen.
If I'm a coach. My offer is pulled.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Its kinda mind boggling but at the same time I kinda get it as well. Now that there is $ to be made at the next level it seems like it can make some sense. I wonder if this means he has already been contacted by potential investors for his NIL? I wonder if it means he has pretty much made up his mind where he is going because of that too. If so, probably means he aint coming here.

unintended consequences. We’ll be hearing about these unintended consequences for the next few years

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It I wonder if this means he has already been contacted by potential investors for his NIL?
There's nothing in HS that says a kid can't have a job or sell NIL or anything else.

That was only NCAA bullshyt.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
There's nothing in HS that says a kid can't have a job or sell NIL or anything else.

That was only NCAA bullshyt.

But aint no deal unless he goes to a certain place? Pure speculation on my part and quite the far reaching BS what if scenario.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If I'm a coach. My offer is pulled.

Not ideal, but this was always an inevitability once NIL was introduced. Kind of already touched on by others but yes, the concept of getting paid in college just moved up that time frame. It was always a necessary evil for a lot of top athletes whose entire goal was to make it to the league. I don’t like it, but I also recognize that college athletics has an entirely different meaning to me than to a lot of these kids from tougher backgrounds. When there that much money involved, and just a year of staying healthy away, you can’t really blame them for shutting it down. He’s basically just foregoing his Sr year(college) and/or sitting out the bowl game. As @alcoholica said, there will be a lot of these unintended consequences that emerge over the next few years. We just have to hope we get more positives than negatives.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not ideal, but this was always an inevitability once NIL was introduced. .
you realize this had nothing to do with NIL, nor does NIL even if it were true, affect his ability to play HS, right?

Also, you know Diwun skipped his 12th grade year, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator