Status
Not open for further replies.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
'23 not 23' the contracted info occurs before the shown numbers. Sorry, for me it's a toe stumper. I stumble.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
that last tweet just confirms what some want to pretend doesnt exist. blocking is at least equal in importance to route running and catching a football for a wr in this offense.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
that last tweet just confirms what some want to pretend doesnt exist. blocking is at least equal in importance to route running and catching a football for a wr in this offense.

I dont see a huge issue with the importance of WRs being able to block. With a running QB its a huge part of the game. Also, our WRs are getting open its just that EJ isn't going through any sort of progression to find them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
it's actually in Gonzalez's bio.

people wonder why we can't land elite receivers.

or running backs.

you know the best way to block a defensive back or two? run a route. but that's not the way Notre Dame did it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Swonkey is right, DBs & LBs can't do gangbuster tackling when they're scurrying to keep after our receivers.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd imagine being willing to block and play special teams might keep you in the NFL an extra year or two as well.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Wasn’t there lots of noise during Cryer of elite WR and Backs not being interested due to lack of touches

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Buford , GA winning 14-0 on 2 Isaiah Bond TD catches. Then he did the Gator chomp on the video board.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

I dont really disagree with any of this except the issue isn't our WR not getting open, its our QB finding them. Henderson is on the field a lot and just like Shorter, he is open. He isn't missing receptions because Shorter is out there blocking.

Point is, we got some good receivers just like we got some good running backs even though none of them really should be interested in us.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Running backs wear out fast. If I were recruiting RBs for Mullens' offense, I would point to the draft record (I think they were even drafted from MS State). I would say that you get enough carries to get drafted and not enough to wear out, leaving all that valuable "tread life" in the semi-pro (college) ranks.
I would also point out that they can almost always block and catch and therefore play all three downs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The want to be the man or win championships.

He will make you a third day draft choice WR or RB bc of your low production regardless of talent level doesnt sell.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Buford , GA winning 14-0 on 2 Isaiah Bond TD catches. Then he did the Gator chomp on the video board.
I was sitting in front of his mom, at the game. Lovely woman. We talked about the Swamp and how "electric" it was. I tried to push her for upcoming commits and she mentioned he is working on getting Evan Stewart to commit.
She said Nolan loves Florida but his dad wants him to go somewhere else. Sounds like dad is waiting for little Nicky to back up the Brinks truck (my words, not hers).

For the night, Bond had 4 TDs (one called back). One was a kick return for a TD. I left at half because the score was 37-0.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
She said Nolan loves Florida but his dad wants him to go somewhere else.
I’m not just saying this because it’s UF, but I really wonder at parents who are this involved in their kids recruiting. At this level, there really are no wrong choices; any good P5 program will get him a shot into the NFL if he’s as good as advertised. Looking at your own kid as a meal ticket is disgusting.
My kid’s HS had quite few kids go on to play college sports, several of whom had parents I knew. Also knew a bunch of parents, through work, of other kids being recruited. Fortunately they all felt it was ultimately the kid’s decision - though there was usually some eye rolling when the kid picked a school a good distance away. So, hopefully this means the parents pushing their kids to a particular school for their own selfish reasons are the exception, not the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.