Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
There's nothing in HS that says a kid can't have a job or sell NIL or anything else.

That was only NCAA bullshyt.

you realize this had nothing to do with NIL, nor does NIL even if it were true, affect his ability to play HS, right?

For several states, your statements are just wrong. Many states have HS amateurism rules/laws depending on how they are governed. It was one of the reasons the QB from Texas went to Ohio St early. Texas HS atheltics' governing rules/laws would not allow him the equivalent of NIL and to continue playing HS football.

Isn't this receiver also from Texas?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For several states, your statements are just wrong. Many states have HS amateurism rules/laws depending on how they are governed. It was one of the reasons the QB from Texas went to Ohio St early. Texas HS atheltics' governing rules/laws would not allow him the equivalent of NIL and to continue playing HS football.

Isn't this receiver also from Texas?
So why exactly do you think any attorney with a room temperature IQ would think that the NCAA "amateurism" rules that were just struck down by the Supreme Court are somehow valid if the state does it?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So why exactly do you think any attorney with a room temperature IQ would think that the NCAA "amateurism" rules that were just struck down by the Supreme Court are somehow valid if the state does it?
Why would you think a HS player gives a damn about what you’re talking about, when Bryce Young signed nearly a million dollars in deals during the summer before playing a down.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
you realize this had nothing to do with NIL, nor does NIL even if it were true, affect his ability to play HS, right?

Also, you know Diwun skipped his 12th grade year, right?

If he can get paid quicker, and can do so without penalty, why would he not? To your point about nothing stopping him from NIL in HS, the potential market share is the difference. Joe’s Deli or a local State Farm agent can get some publicity out of a HS athlete playing in front of 1000 fans on Friday. But that’s not the same as the businesses that will pay him much more knowing they’ll be on national TV nearly every week for several years. I’m not blaming him at all. I’m simply saying if he can be a millionaire like the Bryce kid in 12 months, why would he continue putting that at risk playing meaningless HS football. Again, it’s the same argument, just ramped up by a stage.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why would you think a HS player gives a damn about what you’re talking about, when Bryce Young signed nearly a million dollars in deals during the summer before playing a down.
:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic::panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic::panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

THE
WORLD
IS
GOING
TO
END
BECAUSE
FOOTBALL
PLAYERS
CAN
SELL
AUTOGRAPHS

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic::panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic::panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

It's honestly amazing to watch you fuchstards with your panties in a wad. You are like democrats claiming everything is global warming.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

There are two keys aspects to the response to this: (1) I don't think most HS seniors want to stick around to challenge state laws, opposed to going to make money if available - see the explanation of the Ewers kid who tried to first challenge the rule but ulitmately decided it wasn't worth the fight - Quinn Ewers explains decision to forgo senior high school season, join Ohio State: 'This is not just a financial decision'

I would not be surprised if a star sophomore chose to get a lawyer and bring the fight now.

(2) Part of the driving force here is the value of college football. While the SC opinion has several statements in it that might apply to HS, it is not apples to apples due to the lack of HS football revenue. There are already youth employment laws that are unique. It is not an absolute given that some state or district court judge does not uphold one of these HS level restrictions. Would the Supreme Court if it made it there? I doubt it based on the last opinion. But, it might not reach the SC for many years.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
It's honestly amazing to watch you fuchstards with your panties in a wad. You are like democrats claiming everything is global warming.

It's amazing to watch you take Sofla, Alky, or anyone else's observations on the situation and consequences as having their panties in a bunch or even being upset about it at all. Some are upset about it. Others, like myself, are not. Everyone will adjust. High level youth to HS sports is already what many would consider gross down to about 11 years old if the kid is good enough. I don't see this materially changing anything.

As I've noted before here, UF should benefit substantially from this if we do it right (doubt we will). We have the largest market share in the 3rd largest state. Advertisers, the players and the schools haven't figured it out yet on how to maximize that loyal customer reach. Other than politics, little brings more irrational customer loyalty than college sports. That is exactly what advertisers want.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Also, you know Diwun skipped his 12th grade year, right?
He did it because he needed to get his grades up at another school. This kid is shutting down in the middle of his senior year of hs as if it's a bowl game. It's selfish. What's to stop him from shutting it down as soon as he gets a little tape in college?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He did it because he needed to get his grades up at another school. This kid is shutting down in the middle of his senior year of hs as if it's a bowl game. It's selfish. What's to stop him from shutting it down as soon as he gets a little tape in college?

That is the world we live in t, it just is. We will still get kids who come because they grew up loving florida. But for most kids which school they go to is a business decision.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That is the world we live in t, it just is. We will still get kids who come because they grew up loving florida. But for most kids which school they go to is a business decision.

You're right . It's just crazy. Hard to imagine kids not wanting to finish up their senior year with their teammates. Never thought I'd see the day. The college coaches could stop this from becoming a trend by pulling offers to kids that do this crap. Atleast the major universities. Unfortunately that notion is pretty laughable.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
UF has more stature in the nation's third largest state (market) that no university enjoys in the two states with more residents. We should be able to recruit athletes making business decisions.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UF has more stature in the nation's third largest state (market) that no university enjoys in the two states with more residents. We should be able to recruit athletes making business decisions.

The business decision is first who will give me the best shot at the NFL? Who will give me the best shot at being a first round pick in the NFL draft? Who will get me in the playoffs?

It's not about population its about profession. If I want a good career in engineering, the business decision is Florida. If I want to be a carnie, there are only 3 circus schools in the US, you go to FSU. If you want to go into the NFL right now the best business decision is to go to Bama.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I saw 3 new CBs on 247 for a 5️ and two 4️s to UF. Just in case anyone wanted to know about current recruiting news…

Btw, sorry I have no access to the insider stuff, just what they post on the main page.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I saw 3 new CBs on 247 for a 5️ and two 4️s to UF. Just in case anyone wanted to know about current recruiting news…

Btw, sorry I have no access to the insider stuff, just what they post on the main page.

2023 5* Cormani McClain
2022 4* Azareyeh Thomas
2022 4* Bryson Rodgers

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

THE
WORLD
IS
GOING
TO
END
BECAUSE
FOOTBALL
PLAYERS
CAN
SELL
AUTOGRAPHS

At this point, I'm actually starting to look at what time you're posting to discern whether or not you've started drinking... Since this was after 8 P.M. I'm guessing you were well on your way to black out drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator