Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
2-6 does that.

2-7 will do it more.

Pumpers are rebounding on Swamp Ass though. The current mantra is we are few plays from undefeated, which I guess is about as true as mushchump being one fumble from a national championship.

I'd like to know on what planet we're a 'few plays away from being undefeated'.
****ing idiots

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
****ing idiots
In thinking about this, can you recall the last time we came from behind to actually win a close one....Maybe Miami last year? It seems as of late, any time we are trailing and need a TD or a 2 point conversion we fall on our face and come up short each and every time.

I mean hell, we are 0-3 this year alone.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In thinking about this, can you recall the last time we came from behind to actually win a close one....Maybe Miami last year? It seems as of late, any time we are trailing and need a TD or a 2 point conversion we fall on our face and come up short each and every time.

I mean hell, we are 0-3 this year alone.

Miami was 2 years ago, when Franks was our QB. But it might be Kentucky of the same year, when Trask took over for Franks.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Miami was 2 years ago, when Franks was our QB. But it might be Kentucky of the same year, when Trask took over for Franks.
Yep, meant 2019 for Miami.

So going back to last year, that would make us 0-6 in close ones where we trail or were tied towards the end.

A&M
LSU
Bama
_______
Bama
Kentucky
LSU

beteez

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jawga steals a 5* from USC
f6cc22e382e76cc5c3ca3ee5da2b6339.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
****ing idiots

Gators715 or something like that on SwampAss.

Yeah, we were also 6 plays away from being 5-7 in 2018, 7 plays away from being 6-6 in 2019.

Also, 5 total plays away from being 6-6 in 2006 while he was OC.

That's not exactly the game I'd choose to play if I were a Mullen proponent.

NoPumper666

Mar 4, 2021
Pumpers damage this program far more than dumpers. Recruits give zero Fuchs about negative posts on message boards. They do care that clueless administrators give big contracts to useless lazy coaches and then neither the admin nor fans hold them accountable. We do the program a favor by telling the truth even when the record on paper says 10-3 or 11-2 cuz we know the 8-4 and 6-6 and 5-7 are just around the corner.

NoPumper666

Mar 4, 2021
Yeah, we were also 6 plays away from being 5-7 in 2018, 7 plays away from being 6-6 in 2019.

Also, 5 total plays away from being 6-6 in 2006 while he was OC.

That's not exactly the game I'd choose to play if I were a Mullen proponent.

no one talks about this enough. We are Franks injury away from 2019 having been a total implosion.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
no one talks about this enough. We are Franks injury away from 2019 having been a total implosion.

Ehh, it enabled a good kid--who'd been patient with McElwain, Nuss, and then Mullen--to step up and shine and fulfill his dreams. I'm ok with that, even if it did delay the inevitable.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ehh, it enabled a good kid--who'd been patient with McElwain, Nuss, and then Mullen--to step up and shine and fulfill his dreams. I'm ok with that, even if it did delay the inevitable.
I was never sure how 8-4 delayed anything.

It basically showed there is no amount of talent that come overcome the Mullening. It also emphasized he had Trash, Kadarius and Pitts on the bench for the last two years while wallowing through kediocre years.

If anything, it showed why we should have fired him last December, during his bowl game prep week vacation.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So, just this week - UGA flips a 5-star DL (from USC) & a 3-star OL (from FSU)....and about to flip a high 4-star LB from UF. smh

Something's gotta change - I'm pretty amazed how quickly Mullen fell from grace w/ the entire fan base (most casual fans have had no problems w/ him up until now). The UGA ass-kicking is going to be ugly. UGA is poised to be in the top 3 in the country for at least the next 4 years, meanwhile we're falling farther and farther behind. But there's still dummies out there saying "but Kirby can't coach" (note: he doesn't need to do much coaching w/ the best roster in CFB).

Last edited:

NoPumper666

Mar 4, 2021

I enjoyed Trask era. It was refreshing to have an actual passing offense again. But it also delayed the inevitable with Mullen.

If he was an actual genius he would have said hey this passing stuff works and it’s fun. Maybe I should recruit more passing QB.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Pumpers damage this program far more than dumpers. Recruits give zero Fuchs about negative posts on message boards. They do care that clueless administrators give big contracts to useless lazy coaches and then neither the admin nor fans hold them accountable. We do the program a favor by telling the truth even when the record on paper says 10-3 or 11-2 cuz we know the 8-4 and 6-6 and 5-7 are just around the corner.

I actually don't think the negativity isn't harmful. It isn't good. Whether or not the kids themselves read the board, I can guarantee things like Twitter are used by our rivals in recruiting against us. That said, what I don't agree with is putting the negative talk all on the fans. If you're SS and you knowingly chose an unpopular HC, then allowed him to choose the one DC that everyone from day one said he couldn't, then when it goes south, you can't blame people for being pissed. I made a comment elsewhere a minute ago that a young, energetic guy that fans can rally around is critical for that reason. Fans nitpick. They just went from standing by a truck or over a beer, to logging in. Don't completely botch the hire(s) and the fan negativity will subside. Even guys like Law, who hated the Mullen hire, were really happy when we landed EJ and seemed to finish that initial ENSD in good shape. Then came the removal of our best recruiter and a fat guy from Msu that no one wanted. It happens just that quick. But pretending it's somehow unavoidable is silly.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I was never sure how 8-4 delayed anything.

It basically showed there is no amount of talent that come overcome the Mullening. It also emphasized he had Trash, Kadarius and Pitts on the bench for the last two years while wallowing through kediocre years.

If anything, it showed why we should have fired him last December, during his bowl game prep week vacation.

We were referring to his initial year, 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.