Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Back down to #23 nationally on Rivals right between West Virginia and Iowa State. Tied for 19th in avg star ranking with Indiana and UCLA. Not sure why anyone is surprised we can't beat Kentucky on a regular basis anymore.

This unacceptable bull****. They aren’t even trying anymore on this staff.

On a positive note, that could mean they know the jig is up and they’re all gone at season’s end.

Bad news is there’s no saving this class. Lost decade number two beckons even if we get someone who actually has the skills to rebuild this mess by 2030 if the woke idiots running UF actually care to make that happen, which I unfortunately doubt.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
This unacceptable bull****. They aren’t even trying anymore on this staff.

On a positive note, that could mean they know the jig is up and they’re all gone at season’s end.

Bad news is there’s no saving this class. Lost decade number two beckons even if we get someone who actually has the skills to rebuild this mess by 2030 if the woke idiots running UF actually care to make that happen, which I unfortunately doubt.
Not sure why you're surprised. This year's class is on par with all of Dan's classes. He's just not signing guys that can't qualify anymore.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Back down to #23 nationally on Rivals right between West Virginia and Iowa State. Tied for 19th in avg star ranking with Indiana and UCLA. Not sure why anyone is surprised we can't beat Kentucky on a regular basis anymore.
That’s some pretty good company for hoops.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lost DECADES was a given when we threw in the towel and hired the Hunchback.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Lost DECADES was a given when we threw in the towel and hired the Hunchback.
giphy.gif

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Not sure why you're surprised. This year's class is on par with all of Dan's classes. He's just not signing guys that can't qualify anymore.

Very sad, but very true.

Is this the ceiling or the floor?

I can’t tell anymore….

But no, I’m not surprised. Just disappointed so many people can get away with zero professional or personal growth, especially when it serves to ruin something I’ve cared about for most of my life.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
At this point I dont really see much difference from him and Mcelwain. Honestly Mullen will end up doing more damage to the program than Mcelwain. Muschamp was beat your head against wall Stupid but at least he could recruit on one side of the ball. For anyone saying that keeping him one more year is better than a coaching search... that makes no sense. You start over now. As a program we are already being set back. It won't set us back any more than this Ass is putting us behind UK and UT

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Very sad, but very true.

Is this the ceiling or the floor?

I can’t tell anymore….

But no, I’m not surprised. Just disappointed so many people can get away with zero professional or personal growth, especially when it serves to ruin something I’ve cared about for most of my life.

I agree. I said this in another thread but this is personal to me. Watching Gator football with my Dad is incredibly important to me and he is getting older. I don't know how many seasons I will have left watching with my Dad. If Mullen and Stricklin continue to ruin it for me... idk. I'm just fed up. It should not be this much more important to me than a grown man getting paid millions to get the job done. He should just resign and apologize to the Gator fanbase for getting his loser stench on our program. He should give his salary back or donate it to charity because he has not come close to earning it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At this point I dont really see much difference from him and Mcelwain. Honestly Mullen will end up doing more damage to the program than Mcelwain. Muschamp was beat your head against wall Stupid but at least he could recruit on one side of the ball. For anyone saying that keeping him one more year is better than a coaching search... that makes no sense. You start over now. As a program we are already being set back. It won't set us back any more than this Ass is putting us behind UK and UT

Chump actually recruited both sides well. His issue was:

1. The identity of the team was defense. There was no identity on offense at all
2. They didn’t recruit OL for 2 years. They plugged with really good transfers. But no depth was created.
3. He couldn’t recruit receivers well.
4. He thought Henry was a LB.

he did recruit Brissett and Grier. Both still in the NFL.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chump actually recruited both sides well. His issue was:

1. The identity of the team was defense. There was no identity on offense at all
2. They didn’t recruit OL for 2 years. They plugged with really good transfers. But no depth was created.
3. He couldn’t recruit receivers well.
4. He thought Henry was a LB.

he did recruit Brissett and Grier. Both still in the NFL.

1. Three Different OC in 4 years, caused the island of misfit toys on Offense
2. Isn't that the fuching truth
3. But one of his receivers ended up being a solid DB in the league through their second contract.
4. With his physicality, he probably would have been an all pro LB as well.

NoPumper666

Mar 4, 2021
Mullen was in the Mike White category. Bad coach but was trying to make the team better rather than sabotaging the program through laziness and carelessness. Mullen and Mac fall squarely into the latter category.

If we had hired Mullen after Champ, things would have played out exactly the same. A couple of decent years riding Champ’s recruits followed by complete and utter implosion.

if we had hired a real coach after Champ, the 2015 defense was nasty enough to make a run at the playoffs. Just needed an offensive coach who was not a complete moron. And we would have had to cover up the Grier mess like Bama or LSU would have done.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mullen was in the Mike White category. Bad coach but was trying to make the team better rather than sabotaging the program through laziness and carelessness. Mullen and Mac fall squarely into the latter category.

If we had hired Mullen after Champ, things would have played out exactly the same. A couple of decent years riding Champ’s recruits followed by complete and utter implosion.

if we had hired a real coach after Champ, the 2015 defense was nasty enough to make a run at the playoffs. Just needed an offensive coach who was not a complete moron. And we would have had to cover up the Grier mess like Bama or LSU would have done.

All of this still stems back to the WM hiring in the first place, then his being retained after 2013. Neither are even remotely defensible, and both are the primary reasons we're where we are. Anything beyond that is strictly details.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All of this still stems back to the WM hiring in the first place, then his being retained after 2013. Neither are even remotely defensible, and both are the primary reasons we're where we are. Anything beyond that is strictly details.

The initial hiring of Muschamp at least made logical sense. At least when hiring Muschamp he was considered the top assistant in the country and a coach in waiting at a top 5 football program. The double extension in 2012 not even two years into his contract, and then doubling down again by retaining him after the clusterfuch of 2013. Once he lost to Vandy at Homecoming in 2013, that should have been the final draw. The coaching pool was deeper in 2013 offseason (hidsight obvious) and if we hire the right coach we are in a vastly different situation now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.