Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do those crutches raise or lower his stars?
with most people that would lower his ratings but with Dan that makes him more attractive. he doesn't wait until the dance is over to try to take the ugly girl in the corner home.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I will remember you said this.
I said it for Dildo Dan and everyone else also.

This one is even worse than usual because Douchebag Dan took most of the year off and didnt bother with receuiting at all.

However, just like with Dildo Dan, I wont excuse shtty recruiting just because he manages beat Kintucky and lose only 2-3 games.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We have a short window to Early Signing Day (Dec 15):

November 28-December 11: Contact Period (A college coach may have face-to-face, off-campus contact with seniors or their parents, watch recruits compete and visit their high schools, and write or telephone them or their parents. Colleges can only have face-to-face, off-campus contact with each senior once a week).

December 12: Quiet Period (College coaches may only have face-to-face contact with recruits or their parents on the college’s campus. Coaches may write or telephone college-bound student-athletes or their parents during this time).

December 13-January 13: Dead Period (College coaches may not have face-to-face contact with recruits or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period).

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
At this point just salvage what you can. Steal a guy or two to turn some heads if possible and fill a few gaps with the portal if they are worth it.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We have a short window to Early Signing Day (Dec 15):

November 28-December 11: Contact Period (A college coach may have face-to-face, off-campus contact with seniors or their parents, watch recruits compete and visit their high schools, and write or telephone them or their parents. Colleges can only have face-to-face, off-campus contact with each senior once a week).

December 12: Quiet Period (College coaches may only have face-to-face contact with recruits or their parents on the college’s campus. Coaches may write or telephone college-bound student-athletes or their parents during this time).

December 13-January 13: Dead Period (College coaches may not have face-to-face contact with recruits or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period).
Dude….with all the big names playing the incestuous Alabama family reunion game the past week I venture to say this is the lowest percentage of ESD recruits we see. These kids are going to push it off as long as they can so the free BJs can keep flowing

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Heard on a podcast that Napier took the ULL job the first year of ESD. He apparently signed zero kids on ESD because he wanted to evaluate players. So don’t be surprised if he only lets committed players sign. Really looks like he’ll keep a small class.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Heard on a podcast that Napier took the ULL job the first year of ESD. He apparently signed zero kids on ESD because he wanted to evaluate players. So don’t be surprised if he only lets committed players sign. Really looks like he’ll keep a small class.
I disagree. Ive heard the same about his first class at ULL. People didnt realize how few kids would be available after ESD back then and he didnt have an assembled recruiting support staff like he does now.

There is plenty of noise he has already contacted many recruits.

He may not have much success in two weeks, and that is completely understandable. But either way, it doesnt matter much. We screwed this class by keeping Mullinz after he quit the job last December before the Cotton Bowl.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I disagree. People didnt realize how few kids would be available after ESD. And there is plenty of noise he has already contacted many.

He may not have much success in two weeks, and that is completely understandable.
But either way, it doesnt matter much. We screwed this class by keeping Mullinz after he quit the job last December.
There’s another factor here I think. I don’t suppose any players he was evaluating at Bama were candidates to come to ULL. The reverse in this situation is different.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I disagree. Ive heard the same about his first class at ULL. People didnt realize how few kids would be available after ESD back then and he didnt have an assembled recruiting support staff like he does now.

He may not have much success in two weeks, and that is completely understandable. But either way, it doesnt matter much. We screwed this class by keeping Mullinz after he quit the job last December before the Cotton Bowl.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I’m not sure if I heard correctly but I think Gators Breakdown said Napier told the staff not to sign ANY of our commits on ESD.

I think he wants to evaluate what we have on board, jettison the chaff, see who he can flip/commit before NSD, and see about transfers before deciding on the potential size of the final class.

If anyone can corroborate, please do. It seems a smart move, especially this year with the coaching carousel causing chaos.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I just don’t think he’s going to reach, which I think a lot of people will want him to do.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not sure if I heard correctly but I think Gators Breakdown said Napier told the staff not to sign ANY of our commits on ESD.
That isnt at all what they said. They said he didnt sign any at ULL for his first class, which was also the very first ESD.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this class makes it back into the top 15. I think it's definitely excusable if we don't but I feel confident it will.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I think he wants to evaluate what we have on board, jettison the chaff, see who he can flip/commit before NSD, and see about transfers before deciding on the potential size of the final class.

If anyone can corroborate, please do. It seems a smart move, especially this year with the coaching carousel causing chaos.

That would sound like a well thought out plan, whether one agrees or disagrees. Planning is usually not something that has much traction amongst the drop ceiling tiles and two-tone shag carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.