Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
If the approach is a full reset during this transition class, then the pressure on his 2023 bump class becomes much higher. His bump class at the very least needs to be top 7-8, if not in the top 5. New facilities, a budget on assistants and "other things" equivalent to bama and UGA means no excuses. Elite recruiters deliver in their second year.

That's when his "talent acquisition business " model is really put to the test.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He has to undo everything Mullen has promised these kids and implement his philosophy. While trying to hire and staff up his assistance all in a 2 week period yeah it's gonna be rough. If he can sign at least one 5 star by ESD I'll be impressed with what he's working with right now.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
If the approach is a full reset during this transition class, then the pressure on his 2023 bump class becomes much higher. His bump class at the very least needs to be top 7-8, if not in the top 5. New facilities, a budget on assistants and "other things" equivalent to bama and UGA means no excuses. Elite recruiters deliver in their second year.

That's when his "talent acquisition business " model is really put to the test.
Was Listening to All Things Gator with Frangie and Hicken and Frangie made a prediction that Naipers class next year would be top 5. Obviously it's his opinion but he's someone with insider info on the coaches and can speak with people truly from within. Let's hope he's correct.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
And just because a kid decommits does not mean they won't come back. It's a big decision for these kids that can impact their whole lives you see it during every coaching change some leave some don't.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Someone already said it so I will say it again. I hope Napier has a QB stashed somewhere.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
From what I've read about his in home visits people have talked about how he's honest, genuine a class act, shoots straight does not sugarcoat what his plans are. I'm sorry if a coach comes in and says you might have to compete for your spot and that scares you away maybe you need to grow up a little bit.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
From what I've read about his in home visits people have talked about how he's honest, genuine a class act, shoots straight does not sugarcoat what his plans are. I'm sorry if a coach comes in and says you might have to compete for your spot and that scares you away maybe you need to grow up a little bit.

Well if that is his pitch in this day and time, I hope it works well for him and UF. I have my doubts a bit.

BTW, I really like your photo. Did you take it or did you find it somewhere?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Lol...did yall read Ever's decommitment tweet? He sounds like a salty little baby. He is sooooo thankful to muLLLLLLen, Gonzo and McGee for giving him the opportunity to attend UF but he wants to thank Coach Napier for allowing him to be a small part of his vision. That just screams entitled little beyotch to me.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think we should wait and see how the class rounds out before assuming it’s going to be empty.

The only thing I am worried about with Evers decommitting is losing Gibson. He is a stud WR and just got a big bump into the top 50 of recruit rankings. Napier needs to reach out ASAP and keep him in the fold.

Agree, Salt. That was actually my bigger frustration. Top 50 kid, in Florida, reaffirmed his commitment after Mullen and apparently some type of UF family legacy. I get that QB's can have different systems and specialties. But elite WRs fit in every single system outside of Army. If what is being reported about not being contacted is correct, that's completely inexcusable.

I will say on Evers, the red flag was the parental involvement. Ms. White(Ethan's mother) is a great example of being supportive, helpful and pro-Gator without coming across as a potential problem. The tweet a few months ago about recruits "chasing the P in the club" was off-putting for me. You're an adult. Act like it. Then tweeting something derogatory after the visit last night was also, to me, perhaps a sign that they may have been a massive headache, which is a shame considering how well the kid himself has handled things. But whatever.

I'll probably relax once we get some form of positive news. In general, I've just never been one to line up in the "trust the coaches" club when things seem obviously wrong. But generally, any time I voice text a 3-4 paragraph post before 8am, it's a good sign that I didn't sleep well and woke up grouchy.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Smoke that Gibson is going to decommit also. I like Gibson, he's a legacy and easily a top 150 player (his ranking varies by each service). This one makes no sense after offering the kid from Texas yesterday. Sounds like this whole thing is getting burned to the ground.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah with this class looking like its going to be ranked in the 50s, our next class will HAVE to be top 5 or else we will fall further out of contention for anything for more years to come.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Smoke that Gibson is going to decommit also. I like Gibson, he's a legacy and easily a top 150 player (his ranking varies by each service). This one makes no sense after offering the kid from Texas yesterday. Sounds like this whole thing is getting burned to the ground.

Moronic and a loser approach. If that happens, he won't make it 3 years. And like so many of these other situations, it's completely avoidable.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sorry if you are committed and a legacy and you decommit. I don't want your ass here. You should be one of the players, new coach or not does not have to worry about. If I was a gator fan all my life all it would take is an opportunity from the janitor to say hey come play for us and it be done. No damn loyalty anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.