Not open for further replies.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
finger.jpg You know who you are...

I know you guys are just trying to make up for the :crazy: I would have received from Donkster but it's just not the same......:eek3:

Thanks for the effort :grouphug:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
For those concerned about this class you should go read Will Miles Read and Reaction analysis. The "bump class" pretty much drives everything in a coaches success at a program, not the transition class. Miles does a great analysis showing, Saban, Meyer, Kirby, etc. and how their transition classes compared to the bump class. Key is not bogging down a roster with non-contributors which is what we would have had with most of Mullens commits in reality. I'm not happy about losing Gibson & Smith (also a couple that left before Napier was hired like Bond), but some of these Mullen commits would have just been wasted roster spots. I think we'll use the transfer portal to fill in the gaps...and hopefully the 2023 bump class is top 6 or better.

Worried about Florida's recruiting? Here's why you shouldn't be. - Read and Reaction

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Good article. Zero all-sec players in 2021 Mullen ball. Good lord.

I’ll take a step back with BN to eventually move several steps forward over the death spiral that has been brewing under Mullen for two and a half years.

BN’s bump class once he gets the staff and recruiting up and running will be interesting to watch, unlike this year’s dumpster fire. I hope he sparks the brand back to life on the trail.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I watched his tape. I like him. But, I think he’s a guy who will be really productive or a complete bust. He isn’t explosive at all. However, he is very good at using his hands and plays with strength. If that continues, he could be a quality guy. My worry is him getting swallowed whole and unable to shed the blocks of SEC linemen.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I watched his tape. I like him. But, I think he’s a guy who will be really productive or a complete bust. He isn’t explosive at all. However, he is very good at using his hands and plays with strength. If that continues, he could be a quality guy. My worry is him getting swallowed whole and unable to shed the blocks of SEC linemen.

He's got an offer from Mel Tucker, who knows defense well. This kid would be a filler spot, but I'd much rather use a filler spot on a DT than any other spot on the field. Mullen signed 2 heavy DL's in his first two classes - TWO! and one of them transferred after 1 year and the other has played about 12 snaps in 3+ seasons. If this kid ends up being a Truesdale type - gets 10-20 snaps/game by his 3rd year - it would be a good signing. UGA's current class has an unranked OL committed and Clemson is very well known for doing this (taking a very low ranked kid or two per class). I just mention this as everyone wants the 4 and 5 stars, but there's only so many of those to go around.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
He is very strong so at least he could take up space in the middle. Especially if Des is next to him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Whoever's running BN's twitter has started doing the mass following of all the top 2023 prospects now. They're on top of this sh*t!

On that note, seriously....WTF was Mullen's staff doing? Did they not know to do this? This is the simplest, easiest thing they could possibly do - it costs zero dollars! Just log into his twitter account - on a desktop computer and find all of these kids twitter, instagram, etc and click "follow". But....nope, Dan had it all figured out. He'll just outcoach em!! smh

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
For those concerned about this class you should go read Will Miles Read and Reaction analysis. The "bump class" pretty much drives everything in a coaches success at a program, not the transition class. Miles does a great analysis showing, Saban, Meyer, Kirby, etc. and how their transition classes compared to the bump class. Key is not bogging down a roster with non-contributors which is what we would have had with most of Mullens commits in reality. I'm not happy about losing Gibson & Smith (also a couple that left before Napier was hired like Bond), but some of these Mullen commits would have just been wasted roster spots. I think we'll use the transfer portal to fill in the gaps...and hopefully the 2023 bump class is top 6 or better.

Worried about Florida's recruiting? Here's why you shouldn't be. - Read and Reaction

I don’t know a single person that’s been overly concerned about this class.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.