Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
For those concerned about this class you should go read Will Miles Read and Reaction analysis. The "bump class" pretty much drives everything in a coaches success at a program, not the transition class. Miles does a great analysis showing, Saban, Meyer, Kirby, etc. and how their transition classes compared to the bump class. Key is not bogging down a roster with non-contributors which is what we would have had with most of Mullens commits in reality. I'm not happy about losing Gibson & Smith (also a couple that left before Napier was hired like Bond), but some of these Mullen commits would have just been wasted roster spots. I think we'll use the transfer portal to fill in the gaps...and hopefully the 2023 bump class is top 6 or better.

Worried about Florida's recruiting? Here's why you shouldn't be. - Read and Reaction
BINGO.

The class was absolute garbage. Forgive me for not giving a fuchs about it. We hired a guy that wants to clean house once and for all. I for one, am excited to see it happening.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@KeiserDonavon: the Gators are mentioned in the running for Everette. Napier and assistant Mark Hocke visited IMG on Wednesday…

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
@KeiserDonavon: the Gators are mentioned in the running for Everette. Napier and assistant Mark Hocke visited IMG on Wednesday…

the day after we hire Raymond he decommits.

coincidence?

making your big coaching move in a year where there is unprecedented coaching carousel chaos and an unprecedented transfer portal is already slick, but swiping Clemson’s board within a week would and should make everyone in not just the sec but everywhere else very, very “afraid” if it happens.

And BN was already on record saying he wanted people “afraid” to play us. Tator Bait.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
@UnkleSilk:

This is the kinda of stuff that makes me believe we’re on the right track. No other top programs had any concern about us stealing a recruit over the past decade. It was so rare for it to happen. We lost the overwhelming majority of our battles for recruits. Hell, I can’t think of another school that got catfished by recruits more than us. We had countless kids seeming to be 100% locks for us, only to ditch us at the altar on signing day. It’s like other programs were toying with us, and the kids and parents played along. I think that crap is about to end. Still hoping for a miracle for this class, but feeling much more confident about the future.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I’m sure Brett Venables leaving Clemson was not a factor at all. :rolleyes3:
Causality.
giphy.gif

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
True, but one of them is a 5* CB and we just hired a guy...
Don’t get me wrong Deet, I’d love to get all three of these guys, but they are all defensive side of the ball dudes who no doubt were influenced in their decision to commit by the thought of playing for Venables.
There’s an article on Rivals saying Sabb (a safety) is leaning towards Michigan and Campbell (a LB) is looking at several schools (but UF was not named.). Of the three Everette may be the most likely. It should be noted that none of the three are Fla. guys - FWIW. Sabb and Campbell are NJ guys and Everette is from Va.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.