Not open for further replies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am most certainly not a Napier hater, but to answer some of your questions:

1. I don't like the hire because he is a terrible fit for UF and its program.

2. I think he wants UF fans to be patient because he is a bit of an excuse maker. That has also been the case in with some press conferences at Louisiana after some questionable in game decisions.

3. I am sure he wants to win games HIS WAY. We shall see if he is flexible.

4. He has made the obvious stupid lie that he is humble which is completely belied by his actions since taking the job. (I suspected he was "coached" up on this as a reaction to Mullen's perceived cockiness. UF's UAA is constantly fighting the last war not the current war.)

5. He most certainly seems willing to make personnel decisions that will cost UF wins next year and maybe the next couple or three. He is apparently building for the long run in a program that has fired each of the last three coaches and 4 out of its last 5 coaches in the 3rd or 4th year.
Just go to the Null’s you Peter puffer

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

2. I think he wants UF fans to be patient because he is a bit of an excuse maker. That has also been the case in with some press conferences at Louisiana after some questionable in game decisions.

4. He has made the obvious stupid lie that he is humble which is completely belied by his actions since taking the job. (I suspected he was "coached" up on this as a reaction to Mullen's perceived cockiness. UF's UAA is constantly fighting the last war not the current war.)

5. He most certainly seems willing to make personnel decisions that will cost UF wins next year and maybe the next couple or three. He is apparently building for the long run in a program that has fired each of the last three coaches and 4 out of its last 5 coaches in the 3rd or 4th year.

Yeah...you are a Napier hater.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
we had that, and he got his :kiffin: pushed in by the 5 star non developer on a regular basis. Id rather have a guy with a floor that's higher than another guys ceiling myself, but i also don't enjoy punching myself in the dck either, so...
My point is Kirby will never develop those players past what they are now. Our coach will have 3 stars and 4 stars playing at a higher level and winning championships while his players basically sink to 3 and 2 star status and the mighty Kirby has only beaten us 4 times to our 3 since he's been there and we got rid of his secret weapon Grantham.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

iu

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'd rather have a 3 Star whisperer than a 5 star non developer like the dwags have

As lagator pointed out, you can like it all you want. But he won't be around for long. Napier's own words emphasized the importance of acquiring talent. If he's building a roster around 3*s, you may as well crank up the next head coaching search because that won't work. Durty also is correct in saying that Smart, buffoon or not, will kick our face in every year if that's the approach(I don't believe it is, ftr).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
S

I'm not going to say have faith b/c folks are already griping about that line of argument. I'll just say, as someone who has more experience with this type of a complete transformation than most, I'm extremely impressed with what I see.

Take this with a grain of salt last time he posted this was about some tacos, then the next day he was live posting his tainted taco schits in the chatbox.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sofla strikes me as the kinda guy whos never experienced a full scale, necessary tear down and rebuild. I've been a part of one, and worse, helped lead one at a later point in my career and none of it is pretty or pleasant for quite a while. There is ALWAYS significant attrition, often of individuals traditionally thought of as key and fundamental to success, and rarely does one occur without serious questioning of methods, approach, and lack of positive results early. Those questions and concerns often come from the very individuals at the top who directed full-scale changes to start with.

I'm not going to say have faith b/c folks are already griping about that line of argument. I'll just say, as someone who has more experience with this type of a complete transformation than most, I'm extremely impressed with what I see.

I'll ask. Why exactly do we need a complete tear-down/rebuild? If it's so critical that we completely purge the guys we've purged because they represent everything awful about the previous state of affairs, why are they immediately being grabbed up by programs that have eaten our lunch for much of the past decade? Are we suddenly better at evaluating than Saban, Smart, or even Venables?

Understand, I'm fully supportive of cleansing the entire front office. And I've said nothing about guys like Brewster, Jules, Robinson, etc. being canned. They can all kick rocks because they were a part of the last staff and that's what incoming coaches do. Other than Charlie, and maybe one other coach, Meyer retained no one either. I'm also not talking about losing kids like Corrall, where a judgement call was made on a total pariah. There's nothing we're gaining by essentially dropping kids a week before ESD, especially Florida based kids.

And while I will agree I've never been a part of a full scale dismantling as you say, what I have been around is fans and boosters who aren't going to wait for 4 years to build something. The deeper the hole we dig this class, the more we have to focus on replacing bodies rather than positioning for 2023, the more difficult it will be to get there. It's not complicated. I want to see Napier succeed here. But several decisions he's made are severely hurting his chances. The program may be in a rebuild, but there's no reason why a competent coach can't come in and win with this roster to build for truly competing in a few years. We will be in this position again by Fall of '24 if that doesn't happen.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
If he's building a roster around 3*s,

Qualify that sentence. He has been on campus for less than 2 weeks. He has Wilson, Shemar, Moore and several others rethinking (hard) their decision on where to sign. F@ck Gibson and his butt buddy Evers. Get over it. Tomorrow is going to be a let down, for sure, but the whole he's building around 3* is just stupid and frankly surprising coming from you.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Qualify that sentence. He has been on campus for less than 2 weeks. He has Wilson, Shemar, Moore and several others rethinking (hard) their decision on where to sign. F@ck Gibson and his butt buddy Evers. Get over it.

I specifically said he wasn't doing that. I was responding to 81's sudden excusing of poor recruiting--should it persist--because it somehow fits this newly resurrected narrative that we'll be fine without superior talent.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I specifically said he wasn't doing that. I was responding to 81's sudden excusing of poor recruiting--should it persist--because it somehow fits this newly resurrected narrative that we'll be fine without superior talent.

I will read better next time...my bad

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
81s poor excuse lmao. No I was saying I'd rather have a coach who can develop talent no matter what stars they are than have a coach who can't. Yes you are correct 3 stars won't cut it in this league, but you'd have to be a moron seeing the recruiters he's bringing in to think we won't be ok. Yes this class might suck but I guarantee the next one and the next one and the next one won't

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017

Short version: I don’t hate him. I just think he’s terrible, an excuse maker, and a stupid liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.