Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
you guys are funny. anyone who thinks the Fat Dwag is going to be anything but the worst third down coach in the nation again like always, needs to pass the ganja pipe.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Blades could provide some insight from his brief time at Nebraska. Especially if we get matched up with another Big12 team in our bowl. Who better to help than someone who's see it first hand.
if you call failure experience.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LSU, Bama, and Georgia have better talent. Bowl game is usually about equal talent.

FSU’s talent is in the sh!tter right now.
So we will have 3-4 games (4 if we make it to SECCG) where the other team will have more talent.

So if we make it to SECCG and lose 4 games or if we don’t make it and lose 3 games, then he did about what should be expected on talent differential.

If he loses 2 or less games then he would have done an excellent job.

we did as well as any average coach should have, not the 5th highest paid coach, who should make a difference in those games. Anything less than a 9 win season (before SCCG) is a failure. The fact he is in this talent deficit is his fault at this point, year 4. He talks about Gator Standard and relentless effort... if he had 2 losses isn't an excellent job, it's doing his job.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I actually do think there are some intriguing wild cards this year for us. The vols have a new, offensive(and caloric) minded head coach, Drinkwitz will be in his second year playing us at home and with revenge in his mind, and even the noles will be in year two of Norvell. If Milton holds up, they could actually be decent this season. But yes, I agree with your statement that it's always a 9/10 type season at UF due to talent, which is why outside of some championship years, even our best coaches have generally put up those numbers.

Anything less than 9/10 wins, with the added cupcake game since extra game was added by the NCAA should be considered the minimum.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
this team should have won 10 games last year.

not the 10 wins mean anything in a 14-game season. this is just an eight and four coach from the 80s.

You told us at the beginning of the season we would only have 4 wins.

Actually they may have been two seasons in a row you’ve said that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Anything less than 9/10 wins, with the added cupcake game since extra game was added by the NCAA should be considered the minimum.

I'll go a step further. I think because of that added cupcake, it's really 10. Outside of some rare occurrences, we shouldn't be losing more than two games. If you're at 9 wins, that means you dropped the obvious tests(usually 2, maybe 3) and then found a way to lose elsewhere in a game that you shouldn't. Having that on occasion, fine. I'd liken that to '92, '99, '07 type seasons. Consistently at 9 wins is bordering on Zook territory as he at least had miami as his 12th game in his first two years. Consistently winning 10 should mean that years will happen when things line up for a run at 12. That would be my standard.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll go a step further. I think because of that added cupcake, it's really 10. Outside of some rare occurrences, we shouldn't be losing more than two games. If you're at 9 wins, that means you dropped the obvious tests(usually 2, maybe 3) and then found a way to lose elsewhere in a game that you shouldn't. Having that on occasion, fine. I'd liken that to '92, '99, '07 type seasons. Consistently at 9 wins is bordering on Zook territory as he at least had miami as his 12th game in his first two years. Consistently winning 10 should mean that years will happen when things line up for a run at 12. That would be my standard.

When Iggles fan is right, he is right....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
we did as well as any average coach should have, not the 5th highest paid coach, who should make a difference in those games. Anything less than a 9 win season (before SCCG) is a failure. The fact he is in this talent deficit is his fault at this point, year 4. He talks about Gator Standard and relentless effort... if he had 2 losses isn't an excellent job, it's doing his job.

Dan Mullen is a much better coach than what you’re saying.

It’s really strange that you hate him so much and you talk about his professionalism all the time when you were a huge Chump and MacElstain nut swinger. Those guys were a true embarrassment to the program from a professionalism standpoint. Mullen is not even close to their level in that regard.

Three years ago 99% of his board would’ve been tripping over themselves to have the kind of production that Mullen has had.

This board has gone full retard.

Does recruiting need to get better? Yes!

Does he need to get rid of some of these stale ass coaches? Yes!

Hell, we all thought that Hevesy was going to dominate with the OL. He was a huge step up from the Butters OL coach. But his recruiting has been crap. And honestly, his coaching is average at best. I’m pretty certain that there’s a reason why he Meyer didn’t try to get him when he left.

How in the hell is Knox still here?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

It’s really strange that you hate him so much and you talk about his professionalism all the time when you were a huge Chump and MacElstain nut swinger. Those guys were a true embarrassment to the program from a professionalism standpoint. Mullen is not even close to their level in that regard.

you really like making up arguments when stuff you disagree with comes up. I called for Champ to be fired after Vanderbilt (2013) and Butters before his final season.

Three years ago 99% of his board would’ve been tripping over themselves to have the kind of production that Mullen has had.

No one is saying he isn't better than those two... but that's a low bar... Even you would agree the bar should be higher.

This board has gone full retard.

Does recruiting need to get better? Yes!

Does he need to get rid of some of these stale ass coaches? Yes!

Hell, we all thought that Hevesy was going to dominate with the OL. He was a huge step up from the Butters OL coach. But his recruiting has been crap. And honestly, his coaching is average at best. I’m pretty certain that there’s a reason why he Meyer didn’t try to get him when he left.

How in the hell is Knox still here?

There is a difference in having guys who are 4-8 who suck, but are going to be gone. Accepting mediocrity which is clearly what you have accepted. He could be here another 10 years, and never truly compete for anything.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But is it a rebuilding year? This is year 4 for Mullen.
Every year is a rebuilding year for Vacationin' Dan. By the way, what island is he visiting this week?

Every year we're getting real interest from the elite players two years from now..... we gettin errbody.... but never this recruiting class. It's actually wait till the class 2 years from now and then until they're on the field 3 years later.

WAIT TILL 5 YEARS FROM NOW!

every fuchsing year.

or just become a loser that celebrating his annual three to four losses and finishing slightly ahead of Kentucky, as if that's an accomplishment to be proud of.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
We've been through this, neteng. Many times. It's 5-7, 6-6 at best, this season. All hinges on ut, uk, and then holding serve against the G5 teams. This is the year the wheels fall off.

I realize this conversation has moved on and I need to catch up, responding anyways, delete if once I catch up it is obsolete or way off subject currently, but Im just want it to known that there are no excuses anymore for this staff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm truly embarrassed for you.

if only his resume was anything close to what you think in your head.

have you considered ordering yourself one of those SEC championship game loser trophies? or a ring?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
That's why I say, potentially a rebuild year. The offense is going to be less explosive, and obviously move to a more Mullenesque ball control offense. The defense is a question, mark, regardless of talent the coaching/coordinating in that department has been that way for all three years under Todd. There is no replacing what we lost, much like '97 was a rebuild year after '96 while still being a good year for Gator football. Both sides of the ball should see an infusion of new talent, what that means for the final product compared to our competition is up in the air.

Yet, we went 8-4 last year.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I think Blades could provide some insight from his brief time at Nebraska. Especially if we get matched up with another Big12 team in our bowl. Who better to help than someone who's see it first hand.
His insight will be to opt out of the peach bowl we are a shoe in for.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
you really like making up arguments when stuff you disagree with comes up. I called for Champ to be fired after Vanderbilt (2013) and Butters before his final season.

No one is saying he isn't better than those two... but that's a low bar... Even you would agree the bar should be higher.

There is a difference in having guys who are 4-8 who suck, but are going to be gone. Accepting mediocrity which is clearly what you have accepted. He could be here another 10 years, and never truly compete for anything.

I too, seem to recall a lot of "He won 11 games last year" from you, and "who cares about dental hygiene when you're East champs back to back" from you. Maybe I'm confusing you wit someone else.

One fear I do not share at all is the notion of perpetual mediocrity. As I said above, using someone like Spurrier as a gauge, he won it all in '96 because he won 9(the new 10) to 12 games in each season that preceded it. You could say being in position to win it all in '01 was due to years like '98 and '00. If you're in that neighborhood every year, it should eventually happen. On the other hand, the Richt comparison to me doesn't work(even beyond the recruiting difference). He was ok at best in his first season, had 4 solid years(went 1-5 in Jax even then) and then really fell off, averaging 8 regular season wins over the next 5 seasons, including a losing season. Go back and look at how/why that happened. He was losing games to Ron Zook and squeaking by in a lot of contests that could've easily gone the other way. What happened? As Law likes to talk about, luck ran out and several of those games went the other way in those following years. Honestly, if he hadn't beaten UF in 2007, he may have been gone then. Wining 8 games a year twice cost Zook here, and it would cost Mullen as well. The point is, things get exposed for what they are. If the ho hum recruiting, loyalty to deadweight staff, and even his own mistakes don't get better, we will eventually implode to that 8-9 win range. If they do, we have a chance to take the next step. There can't be some stalemate. Because sooner or later places like fsu and even ut will get things in order. Then, that 2-3 schedule of 2-3 comparable teams will become 4-5. We've seen this episode before. Game over if we're not humming.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are Mizzu, Kentucky, or South Carolina now according to some of these fans.

You're just going to have to learn to accept moral victories and four loss seasons.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
you guys are funny. anyone who thinks the Fat Dwag is going to be anything but the worst third down coach in the nation again like always, needs to pass the ganja pipe.

But but...covid...but but...full sec schedule...but but...rebuilding year

If we dont have a top 5 class this time around Im officially in the dump him camp. Im still holding out that maybe, just maybe, he is a Dabo type and will get it going once the facility is built (I know). But I have serious doubts that is even the case because, well, Grantham is still around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator