Status
Not open for further replies.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
By your sturdy verbal constructions, Swonkey, you gotta have a master's degree in snarkatecture.?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
By your sturdy verbal constructions, Swonkey, you gotta have a master's degree in snarkatecture.?
Nope just common sense. It really isnt hard to foresee what kind of teams Chimp, Butters, and Cousin Eddie are going to put on the field.

Last edited:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
He is gone next October 31st adn his offense will be back to "Mullinz Normal" 50-70th.

There is nothing to enjoy about being third tier.
The only perquisite in being a 3rd tier program is the opportunity to agonize over just how close you came to carving out a niche in the lower reaches of the 2nd tier. "If only I hadn't fumbled while driving for the winning score, or thrown a shoe in a fit of abject idiocy, or just decided to NOT take the bowl game off, we coulda been a contender!". A lightly regarded, comic-relief kind of contender, so to speak - but hey...we're talking 2nd tier here!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, because the UAA has never given a raise and extension along with a vote of confidence before firing a coach before.

This. I'm not sure why anyone thinks any extension or raise will have any bearing on matters. It's literally what we do. If I remember correctly, even Zook was offered a new contract in the offseason before '04. It was only because he chose to postpone things--feeling that was his year and would justify a much bigger deal--that we weren't on the hook for more with him. We're injecting prudence and logic into a discussion involving our UAA and their willingness to blow other people's money. Therein lies the mistake.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ole Zook would have won an NC if we just gave him time. /pumpers

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
He is gone next October 31st adn his offense will be back to "Mullinz Normal" 50-70th.

There is nothing to enjoy about being third tier.[/Q
Donk tell me this where and why is he going anywhere? He just got a contract extension, the NFL is getting cold on him, what other College team is going to pay him what he's making at Fl.
It would take 2-3 really bad years for him to get fired at Fl.
Like it or not he's going to be around a while.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

@RiverRat

The perception of last year was that it was bad, simply because of the Lsu game and the bowl, neither of which appeared to be games we cared about. Completely renders the effort against Alabama, and to some degree the win over uga, as meaningless. So that's one.

I'm not sure if you know much about our resident counsel here, but he's generally not real high on upcoming seasons(think he said we'd be decent in summer of '96). So he's of the opinion this year goes south in a hurry. Agree or not, that'd be two.

Throw in the same recipe next season, including penciling in a 4th loss in 5 tries against uga, and he arrives at his date and your "2-3 bad years" requirement

As I said, you don't have to share the opinion. I'm not there myself. But there's enough to suggest it's a plausible outcome and timeline.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He might do so before Disco Dan, he has already taken a team to the Rose Bowl.
Well to be fair his Rose Bowl was after the playoffs therefore really just a Citrus Bowl for the Big 10.

Of course, douchebag has never even achieved a Citrus Bowl level finish (2nd best in SEC). His "New Years Six" bowls are Zookish, third to fifth in SEC. Sugar Bowl is the new Citrus Bowl.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The AAU needs to get Meyer to drive to Gainesville to give Mullen that David Nelson turnaround talk.? De-deadbeat Mullen.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
@RiverRat

The perception of last year was that it was bad, simply because of the Lsu game and the bowl, neither of which appeared to be games we cared about. Completely renders the effort against Alabama, and to some degree the win over uga, as meaningless. So that's one.
I agree that the LSU and OU games are a big part of that, but there's a bunch of other things too. Some of the pressers were downright embarrassing (after TAMU, and Mizzou for instance), the fight against Mizzou, the continued failure to improve recruiting, and the absolute schitt-show on defense. I could go on, but you get the point (and I was starting to sound like Swonk).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.