Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
TOS has a thread about Monica Evers (mother of Nick Evers) has been calling our remaining commits parents and bad mouthing BN. Said the source is very reputable. smh

When you don't keep the promises of your predecessor when the other party has held to their word, people get unhappy.

I am not saying that Napier should have stood by 100% of the promises the Mullen staff made, but I don't think they should have stood by 0% either. He is just making his future recruiting harder and even if he has the greatest plan in the history of football and would go 90-0 years 6 through 10 at UF, he is reducing the chance he makes it to year 4 or 5.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Smoke that McClellan is next to leave.

He committed to the school with no coach at all. He tweets a pic about if you're committed elsewhere, you're gonna regret it and then this?

I think the issue I have with the way it's playing out is that if we're going scorched earth, fine. I disagree with the strategy, but fine. But wouldn't it just be easier to make a call or Zoom and say we're wiping the class and starting again? Instead we're flying on company dime and time to Oklahoma and Texas to meet with kids only to see them decommit. And I've yet to see anyone stick. So are we implying that every single kid DM landed was awful? And why then are they immediately finding new homes? Again, there are always bumps in the road and it's never perfect. But this approach makes no sense. Would've been better for everyone to say we're starting again at 0 than to watch a class implode. I don't care what someone at his former school says. It makes no sense.

Also, if you're being outrecruited by some broad in Texas, wait until Mario, Kirby and Saban get ahold of our commits going forward.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Lewis has the second highest passing yardage in ULL’s history behind Jake Delhomme.
It's not the total yards, it's the average per game and it sucks ballz. He can't aim for 180 yds passing at UF and expect to succeed in my opinion. Not hiring a OC playcaller is worrisome.

And Not visiting Gibson and just pretty much inviting him to decommit was an odd move, but clearly intentional and I wonder if Evers, CJ Smith and Gibson weren't all talking and didn't like the vibe of the new HC (there wasn't going to be any dancing and ass-kissing) so BN decided to take his lumps and cut them all loose. There's also the obvious possibility that these guys were waiting on money from said bagman and that was gone with a new staff in town. This is definitely getting interesting but not necessarily in a good way.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Just looked up UF on 247 recruiting board and got down to 50 and had to hit (load more) never had to do that before
Did notice Ga. Has seven three stars committed
Gators down to 7 total
Not fun right now but better days ahead
Go Gators

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He committed to the school with no coach at all. He tweets a pic about if you're committed elsewhere, you're gonna regret it and then this?

I think the issue I have with the way it's playing out is that if we're going scorched earth, fine. I disagree with the strategy, but fine. But wouldn't it just be easier to make a call or Zoom and say we're wiping the class and starting again? Instead we're flying on company dime and time to Oklahoma and Texas to meet with kids only to see them decommit. And I've yet to see anyone stick. So are we implying that every single kid DM landed was awful? And why then are they immediately finding new homes? Again, there are always bumps in the road and it's never perfect. But this approach makes no sense. Would've been better for everyone to say we're starting again at 0 than to watch a class implode. I don't care what someone at his former school says. It makes no sense.

Also, if you're being outrecruited by some broad in Texas, wait until Mario, Kirby and Saban get ahold of our commits going forward.

None of the de-commits have committed elsewhere. Bond was before he was announced.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Im as much dumper as anyone usually, but I just don't care that much about this class.

It was total garbage when he showed up and it wasn't going to change. I said before this week that Id rather take no one and have lots of counters for next cycle than to load up on a bunch of roster fluff that wont ever benefit the team or make a positive impact during the games.

We are sitting around btching and moaning about a bunch of kids who, outside of gibson, all pretty much suck. There was no talent committed in this class. And I doubly don't care about a dan mullen crooted quarterback. We've got over 12 years of data to say that if Dan Mullen wants you as his qb, you suck balls. I mean seriously, name me 1 qb he crooted and selected to start (not signed due to other coaches pressuring him and started due to injury) that has been worth half a hot :kiffin:

There isn't one. Hell, he almost single-handedly ran tebow off. Napier is cleaning house. I think its great.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Reports out that Evers mother calling remaining fl commits and bad mouthing BN

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
None of the de-commits have committed elsewhere. Bond was before he was announced.

No I realize none of the recent decommits have. I'm talking about Bond and the other two that had recently bailed. They were recruited by, and committed to, Mullen. All three have landed at either Alabama or georgia. So it's hard to make the claim that all DM's evals were awful. That argument does not work.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Hes out recruiting can't help little Mullen lovers want to jump ship. All this I want to thank coach Mullen and university of Florida bs. I don't care if he gets rid of every damn recruit on Mullens board if it does not fit his plan which he has proven works then so be it. Good riddance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.