Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Or here is my YouTube link that has all my highlights. The decommitment has more to do with them wanting promises kept that the old staff promised I feel.

Maybe, maybe not... we obviously aren't going to run the same style of offense or defense... so some pruning going to happen. Just don't want the same types of athlete.

This is the problem with ESD, it really puts new coaching staffs behind the eight ball. That is one of a few issues I have with ESD, and how it is unfair to kids who sign just to have their coach up and leave for the League because they are hired the first week in January.

I'm sure everyone knows I hated Mullen from day one, but one of the most impressive things he did at UF was the ESD signing class during the transition. I know the list of impressive things is short, but it might have been one of the few times he worked his ass off to put/maintain the class.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
All current commits were told to provide a workout tape so that the new staff could verify. Some of these commits think their to good to have to follow the standard that was given to everybody so they are going elsewhere. This isn't a hard task and most likely ever single one of these kids already have a workout tape. If they can't bend the knee to the new coach and do one simple task then they can go somewhere else. Im fine with it because you don't want a bunch of kids coming in who committed to the old staff and didnt commit to the new staff. Its a standard that applies to everyone.

If true this is an easy character test. Are they entitled and think they are very special and deserving of special treatment? Or are they conscientious, have a sense of integration and duty. People sit somewhere on that spectrum and it’s not all that hard to sniff out when you know what you’re looking for. It’s a good way weed out talented but malignant influences. We truly DNWTA.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Or here is my YouTube link that has all my highlights. The decommitment has more to do with them wanting promises kept that the old staff promised I feel.

The problem with CJ Smith is that they asked him for film of him making a cut. None of his senior film has him making a cut since his surgery. The problem is that he does not have any film with him making a cut because he can’t do it.

I have no idea about Gibson.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Napier only has one opportunity to raze the program and make a clean slate. And that time is now. There is very little reason to believe any of the staff or recruits are worth a damn. Napier will cherry pick the staff and flush it too.

I have zero problem if Napier is running off recruits. They are all plan G backups from the multitude of Mullen failures. Burn it all straight to the mutherfuching ground.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I have zero problem if Napier is running off recruits. Burn it all straight to the mutherfuching ground.
tenor.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Napier only has one opportunity to raze the program and make a clean slate. And that time is now. There is very little reason to believe any of the staff or recruits are worth a damn. Napier will cherry pick the staff and flush it too.

I have zero problem if Napier is running off recruits. They are all plan G backups from the multitude of Mullen failures. Burn it all straight to the mutherfuching ground.
It's mostly burned to the ground already. This is just a matter of knocking over the few remaining smoldering beams that are left of the foundation and getting bulldozers to haul away the rubble.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Listen, it's clear as day some of these kids were given papers or didn't like being told what they needed to do to stay in this class. You know damn well a kid like Evers that never set foot on OU's campus, likely has never spoken to Venebals but said let's do it was promises something he wanted to hear. Sure Mullen "salvaged" his transition class but most of those players contributed jack ****. Hell, Pierce was part of that class and you can see how Mullen pissed that opportunity away. Copeland has been terrible and if it weren't for Trask, Pitts would have been middle of the road.

If we were to sign 10 kids, I would have NO problem with it at all so long as that means we are top 5 in the next year or two.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm not sure there is anything to burn to the ground. Mullinz didn't build much of a support staff if it all. He didn't build an infrastructure to actually sell kids on UF. It goes on and on. CBN is going to have to do that all from scratch.

Something else that amazes me, think of our o-line. CBN will have more o-linemen drafted in the 2020-2022 drafts than Mullinz. I expect ULL to have another o-lineman drafted this year. We are Florida. What kind of garbage coaching/recruiting do you have to do to allow ULL to put more o-linemen in the NFL than us? So, burn what to the ground? McElstain and Mullinz already did that.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It's mostly burned to the ground already. This is just a matter of knocking over the few remaining smoldering beams that are left of the foundation and getting bulldozers to haul away the rubble.
Stick to your day job, but I got it in the "germans bombing pearl harbor" way... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator