I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'm off this week, so I'd like to.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I'll be at Lake Lure this weekend and next weekend and everything in between but I'm sure the ballpark will be filled up for regionals, and hopefully supers if we make it. We do have a hard regional but if we can't beat these teams at home then there's no way we stand a chance in Omaha anyway.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
not saying we have the easiest, but i wouldnt describe our bracket as hard. uconn and tt on the surface looks solid but each have a lot of flaws that will be apparent over a few games worth of play. and if we have to play an SEC opponent in supers, i am thrilled that its usc. they swept us early so we will really be motivated to exact revenge at home, and they are slumping more than any other sec team selected. if we cant win the regional and the super than we simply dont belong in omaha.

i'll add that caglionone having another bad outing last game may work to our benefit. he's got some time to once again refocus and hes come back strong after having a stinker so having that 1 game prior to start of the ncaas may be the best case scenario.

Last edited:

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
@FireFoley who do we throw in Game 1?

I'm not FF but based on previous regionals since Sully has been here I believe he has stayed with the regular rotation. However he did make a change in the Kentucky series and the SEC tourney last week by starting Waldrep instead of Sproat. BUT, I believe that was due to a rain delay screwing up the rotation during the Vandy series.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I'm not FF but based on previous regionals since Sully has been here I believe he has stayed with the regular rotation. However he did make a change in the Kentucky series and the SEC tourney last week by starting Waldrep instead of Sproat. BUT, I believe that was due to a rain delay screwing up the rotation during the Vandy series.
I'm with you. It's double elim and if you win #1 and #2 you are in the finals for one more or possibly two to move on. Your opponent will be on their weekday starter for the first final and if they get by the strategy is everyone get loose for game two. Go and get the win in game one.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I make no prediction but that is exactly what Sully has done for every other regional. But in this case, Waldrep has had one more day of rest than Sproat.
It's 1 or 1a, it will not be Cags or Tejada or any other spot starter.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am in agreement with @Bullag8r as Sully usually sticks to his weekend rotation in the regionals. The only reason Sully changed a bit at year end was due to the Waldrep rain situation and then the Thursday series start,. But there has been plenty of time to get their arms ready for the regular rotation. If it was me I would pitch Cags this Friday but b/c he is not just random, but a complete wildcard, you can't risk him puking and using the entire bullpen in game 1.

dphgator96

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I am in agreement with @Bullag8r as Sully usually sticks to his weekend rotation in the regionals. The only reason Sully changed a bit at year end was due to the Waldrep rain situation and then the Thursday series start,. But there has been plenty of time to get their arms ready for the regular rotation. If it was me I would pitch Cags this Friday but b/c he is not just random, but a complete wildcard, you can't risk him puking and using the entire bullpen in game 1.

I totally agree. I would pitch Cags in hopes of lifting his confidence. He has had his struggles locating his fastball. If he gets in trouble I think we still beat F A&M

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well he'll be fresh after a week off and almost no pitches last time.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Only berm seats now. :sadnanner:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.