2023 NCAA Pick 'Em Thread: Congrats to jaywalker72!

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I have 10 picks this week going against the collective thinking, in some cases strongly. This may either be a big move up this week or knocking myself out for any end of season run.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I have 10 picks this week going against the collective thinking, in some cases strongly. This may either be a big move up this week or knocking myself out for any end of season run.
Knocking yourself out? You guys are nuts. We pick somewhere around 250 games, and we're only 90 games in. There is tons of time for people to move up (or down) the leaderboard.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Knocking yourself out? You guys are nuts. We pick somewhere around 250 games, and we're only 90 games in. There is tons of time for people to move up (or down) the leaderboard.
Assume the winner is around 58% and most are right at 50%. That is a 20 game difference and shows how difficult it is to make up ground if you slip 15+ games behind at about 40% of the season. It's the reason anyone who misses a week needs an nearly unbelievable run to get back in it. Theoretically possible, mathematically very unlikely.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Assume the winner is around 58% and most are right at 50%. That is a 20 game difference and shows how difficult it is to make up ground if you slip 15+ games behind at about 40% of the season. It's the reason anyone who misses a week needs an nearly unbelievable run to get back in it. Theoretically possible, mathematically very unlikely.
The top 10 people right now are known chokers, they are likely to pick somewhere around 40% in the second half of the season.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I have been playing this ever since you started it and have never got more than 7 right. I take about 20 to 30 seconds to make my picks and am wrong more than right. I would be in shock to do any better.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I have been playing this ever since you started it and have never got more than 7 right. I take about 20 to 30 seconds to make my picks and am wrong more than right. I would be in shock to do any better.
Remind me not to stand beside you in a lightning storm.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Remind me not to stand beside you in a lightning storm.
Dont worry, I will never be close to you. I have heard of the bugs and flesh infections that follow you but it still doesnt change the facts that I suck ass when it comes to choosing winners and losers. At least when its over I will not have contracted your illnesses.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Dont worry, I will never be close to you. I have heard of the bugs and flesh infections that follow you but it still doesnt change the facts that I suck ass when it comes to choosing winners and losers. At least when its over I will not have contracted your illnesses.
Ro Ok GIF by Rosanna Pansino

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mario Cristobal with a major dumbass move declining that penalty against UNC to make it 2nd & 30 so it instead is 3rd & 20. Result? Next play TD pass to put UNC up 28-17. I knew that UNC pick over Miami was a lock.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I waited til late in the week and then picked the board's unpopular choice on every game. It did improve my score, but not as much as I thought it would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator