2023 Recruit Signs $8 Million NIL Deal

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Five-star recruit in Class of 2023 signs agreement with collective that could pay him more than $8 million

On Friday, a five-star recruit in the Class of 2023 signed an agreement with a school’s NIL collective that could pay him more than $8 million by the end of his junior year of college, The Athletic has learned. He’ll be paid $350,000 almost immediately, followed by monthly payouts escalating to more than $2 million per year once he begins his college career, in exchange for making public appearances and taking part in social media promotions and other NIL activities “on behalf of (the collective) or a third party.”

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This has to be Manning and this is only because of his last name. No normal person will have any clue who these kids are. Paying them 2 million would'nt make sense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is the kind of thing I seriously doubt UF can/will compete with. If you want a recruit like Manning, this is what you're going to have to come up with.

UF finally gets caught up with facilities and now none of it matters a hill of beans. Figures.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This is the kind of thing I seriously doubt UF can/will compete with. If you want a recruit like Manning, this is what you're going to have to come up with.

UF finally gets caught up with facilities and now none of it matters a hill of beans. Figures.

That is how Jimbo got the class he did. He literally paid for it. It wasn't because he suddenly became a better recruiter than Kirby or Saban. This kind of thing isn't sustainable. But, I have no idea how it can be regulated.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
@nete
Five-star recruit in Class of 2023 signs agreement with collective that could pay him more than $8 million

On Friday, a five-star recruit in the Class of 2023 signed an agreement with a school’s NIL collective that could pay him more than $8 million by the end of his junior year of college, The Athletic has learned. He’ll be paid $350,000 almost immediately, followed by monthly payouts escalating to more than $2 million per year once he begins his college career, in exchange for making public appearances and taking part in social media promotions and other NIL activities “on behalf of (the collective) or a third party.”

Screenshot_20220312-082340_Firefox.jpg

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Texas oil money at work
With the price of gas climbing faster than A speeding bullet it can only get worst.
I guess they can only sign so many kids right?

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016

So what happens if this nouveau-rich recruit sustains a season-ending injury or just plain flops at college-level competition? Surely these NIL contracts contain protective clauses for the moneymen?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder which school it is. I guess we'll find out eventually.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder which school it is. I guess we'll find out eventually.
Probably not a school. If it’s Manning, it could be piggybacking off his uncle’s’ endorsements

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

@TheAthletic reviewed the contract. Here's how a donor group "buys" a recruit for the next 4 years without putting it in writing."
Not mentioning any names (@Joegator96) but I was told this wasn't possible.
Oh look.
As per NCAA rules, the contract explicitly states, “nothing in this Agreement constitutes any form of inducement for (the athlete) to enroll at any school and/or join any athletic team.”

There's a way around everything.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Gator Collective could do it if you bums donate.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Probably not a school. If it’s Manning, it could be piggybacking off his uncle’s’ endorsements
The story says it's with a school's NIL collective. That's what makes me think it's not Manning; sounds to me it's someone who is already committed or about to commit.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I tried to donate my Oxbux. I was told that for each OxBuck I donate I must also give 5 American Dollars. Sounds like an OxBuck and a Ruble are worth about the same today

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator