Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Still no dedicated recruiting section....oh well I'm not sifting through all this mess. 2 things......one is this back a "legit" 205#? And where are the LB's? And maybe a few more OL....Webb has a nice north/south cut and some inside running skills but doesn't look like a speed burner by any means. I'll hold out hope but I'm seeing a lot of DE/DB kinda like the last guys.....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Would have been a nice get BUT did anyone think he was a Gator get?
Not recently, no. But we were one of the schools that was really in his ear when he was committed to Michigan and convinced him to back Off his commitment.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man, the LB recruiting is going nowhere.

BN gonna have to take some heads over this.
TOS rumor mill is that Webb came out and said he’s gonna be all over Grayson Howard. And he’s going to get him to flip from South Carolina.

343EBF36-5FD0-4A1E-910C-9F55CB3873D9.png

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Any thoughts on Peterson? That seems like such a perfect fit. Add in his NFL time and I’d think he would kill it. Maybe he is and I’m just not seeing it. It’s why I ask.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Any thoughts on Peterson? That seems like such a perfect fit. Add in his NFL time and I’d think he would kill it. Maybe he is and I’m just not seeing it. It’s why I ask.
I think the biggest problem is he doesn’t have a lot of collegiate experience. It normally takes a year or two for people to build relationships. I expect him to build a pretty big recruiting pipeline.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bateman is the weak link and will be processed out. I like ltraz's scenario and wouldn't be surprised to see it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I really don't see BN suffering underperformers for long. He knows this is his shot at the big times, and he isn't going to let a guy who wasn't even his top pick to coach ILB's ruin his chance at success.

I don't disagree and have said as much. However, I still contend that the prices of these coaching contracts have crossed into a zone that almost disincentivizes making those tough moves. At the end of the day, Napier—who has already made a fortune—can refuse, live for 4 years or so and is set for life. Again, I don’t see that in him, nor am I predicting it, but the basic economics creates that risk.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't see BN suffering underperformers for long. He knows this is his shot at the big times, and he isn't going to let a guy who wasn't even his top pick to coach ILB's ruin his chance at success.
Not too mention that it puts other families at risk. That's what was so selfish of Dan Mullen. He refused to let todd Grantham go and now an entire coaching staff and their families have to find new jobs. Just because of his ego. You have to be willing to let one guy go to safe yours and everyone else's job. That being said I'm not calling for Batemans job. Just saying I hope Napier's willing to make the tough decisions.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Not too mention that it puts other families at risk. That's what was so selfish of Dan Mullen. He refused to let todd Grantham go and now an entire coaching staff and their families have to find new jobs. Just because of his ego. You have to be willing to let one guy go to safe yours and everyone else's job. That being said I'm not calling for Batemans job. Just saying I hope Napier's willing to make the tough decisions.
The ray of light here is that Billy may actually be as smart as Dooshley Dan thought he was. If so, we won't be seeing the abject refusal to face unpleasant facts and act with alacrity when the situation demands it. I just don't see false pride, undue reticence or slipshod processes being an issue with Billy. Time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.